OT Dolphins

Advertisement
No that was that *** clown Ross. Dude is not a Dolphin nor a Floridian. F him.
The man who literally owns the Miami Dolphins isn’t a dolphin? The man who you’re paying to go see the dolphins isn’t a dolphin?

I was a long time season ticket holder, too. The mismanagement of the team got me to the point of wanting my Sundays back. That stunt got me to actually take em back.

It's not the point. You would make a terrible front office person.

The pick at 1 has tremendous value. We are not a few players way so why not get as much value as possible with multiple high picks.

LULZ, and your what qualified? Show me why the first pick has more value than #5, 10 or 15? Do it, show me. You can't and you won't because you're just repeating the same logic you probably text into 560.

Here's something you should read before your next reply: If you have an equal amount of skill position players (defined as QB, WR, RB) drafted in each round of the draft, those drafted in rounds 3 thru 7 have a nearly 2-to-1 higher probability of NFL success (longer careers, better stats, more money) than those drafted in rounds 1 and 2. So tell me how you know #1 is so valuable? Because you think Baker Mayfield is going to turn it around?

There's research all over the place on this stuff.

You're clearly out of your depths here, as are most Dolphins fans who bought into this idiotic idea that 0-16 was attainable given that 5 teams in 60 years have accomplished it. It's a statistical anomaly, beyond just being historically bad.

Every piece of empirical research on the draft and player rankings demonstrates beyond refute that NFL teams have a terrible success rate on individual early round picks, and that their average only increases when they have multiple early round picks.

In short, it's the number of picks per round that matter, not how early your pick(s) are.

LULZ, and your what qualified? Show me why the first pick has more value than #5, 10 or 15? Do it, show me. You can't and you won't because you're just repeating the same logic you probably text into 560.

Here's something you should read before your next reply: If you have an equal amount of skill position players (defined as QB, WR, RB) drafted in each round of the draft, those drafted in rounds 3 thru 7 have a nearly 2-to-1 higher probability of NFL success (longer careers, better stats, more money) than those drafted in rounds 1 and 2. So tell me how you know #1 is so valuable? Because you think Baker Mayfield is going to turn it around?

There's research all over the place on this stuff.

You're clearly out of your depths here, as are most Dolphins fans who bought into this idiotic idea that 0-16 was attainable given that 5 teams in 60 years have accomplished it. It's a statistical anomaly, beyond just being historically bad.

Every piece of empirical research on the draft and player rankings demonstrates beyond refute that NFL teams have a terrible success rate on individual early round picks, and that their average only increases when they have multiple early round picks.

In short, it's the number of picks per round that matter, not how early your pick(s) are.

If you can't figure it out then your helpless. LULZ

Advertisement
You do realize we could have had Luck if we didn't do the exact same thing we're doing this year by ******** ourselves out of the top pick right?
The point is you don't even need to use the pick on a player. It has tremendous trade value for a team that needs a ton pf players.
With Philbin at the helm. Tannehill was sacked 93 times in two years and our OL was always unstable. How do you think Luck would have turned out?

It can be tremendous trade value but we're in need of a QB so that's what the pick is most likely going to be.

Since Miami has 3 first rounds picks anyways, picking in the top 4 isn't going to matter. Oline and Defensive Backs should be the focus in the high rounds. Maybe draft Fromm or Hurts in Round 2.

With Philbin at the helm. Tannehill was sacked 93 times in two years and our OL was always unstable. How do you think Luck would have turned out?

It can be tremendous trade value but we're in need of a QB so that's what the pick is most likely going to be.

We have two first next year so we could get a QB next year. That means a chance at Fields or Lawrence. That first pick could have been GOLD this year. We could have used it so many ways. Now we will probably win 2 more games and completely ***** this thing up.

You do realize we could have had Luck if we didn't do the exact same thing we're doing this year by ******** ourselves out of the top pick right?
The point is you don't even need to use the pick on a player. It has tremendous trade value for a team that needs a ton pf players.

what do you expect Miami to do? They cut or traded almost all of their valuable talent. The only guys they kept were guys like Parker who is Low value because he never lived up to his potential. We literally had Walton starting at RB1. He was practice squad in Baltimore. Theyve done what they could to tank.
They can’t coach their players not to try and then try to motivate them next year after getting a QB

Advertisement
Since Miami has 3 first rounds picks anyways, picking in the top 4 isn't going to matter. Oline and Defensive Backs should be the focus in the high rounds. Maybe draft Fromm or Hurts in Round 2.

Fromm is awful. If You can get Tua around the 5th pick you take him. I think Tua is the best QB this year anyway. Herbert and Burrow won’t be special in the league.

Fromm is awful. If You can get Tua around the 5th pick you take him. I think Tua is the best QB this year anyway. Herbert and Burrow won’t be special in the league.
How can Tua be special if he can't even stay on the field? He's injury prone and it's up for debate how effective he will be without a plethora of talent around him. I think Burrow is the better Quarterback, which would result in him being drafted in the Top 4. So Miami doesn't have much to choose from. Fromm is a winner and so is Hurts.

You keep Fromm the **** away from my Dolphins. I don't want him if he fell to the 3rd round and we're on the clock. Hard pass. An undersized caretaker is the last thing we need.

Most people suffer from insanity .... Dolphins fans seem to enjoy it
MDP... if the Fins would have picked up Canes in the draft they would have been much better. Back in the 80's and 90's they missed out on stellar talent. In the 70's and the early 80's I was a Fins fan but I slowly said goodbye. With the exception of Marino, their draft picks have sucked. And when they get good players they end up leaving and being stand-outs on other teams.

Advertisement
How can Tua be special if he can't even stay on the field? He's injury prone and it's up for debate how effective he will be without a plethora of talent around him. I think Burrow is the better Quarterback, which would result in him being drafted in the Top 4. So Miami doesn't have much to choose from. Fromm is a winner and so is Hurts.

Burrow is 23 and older than Josh Rosen. He’s been a game manager until his 5th year. This is him at peak. Pass.

Fromm has been under 50% completion for five straight games and has less than 200 yards in three of them.

Tua’s injury came from he’s coach making him play before he was healthy.

We have two first next year so we could get a QB next year. That means a chance at Fields or Lawrence. That first pick could have been GOLD this year. We could have used it so many ways. Now we will probably win 2 more games and completely ***** this thing up.

So Flores should have risked his and Grier's job for a potential franchise QB? Take a look at how many teams have had the #1 over the years and observe how many actually traded it away. Also observe the teams that choose the QB first and the situation that they're in; a new HC comes in majority of the time which is what I think some of y'all are missing.

You're getting stuck on finding this transcendent QB which is understandable, but there are a multitude of ways to hoist the Lombardi, which isn't being taken into account.

Advertisement
what do you expect Miami to do? They cut or traded almost all of their valuable talent. The only guys they kept were guys like Parker who is Low value because he never lived up to his potential. We literally had Walton starting at RB1. He was practice squad in Baltimore. Theyve done what they could to tank.
They can’t coach their players not to try and then try to motivate them next year after getting a QB
Exactly. I'm honestly wondering what goes through the "0-16" crew's minds. NO team in the history of the sport has succeeded using that method but we should do it because we have the picks lol. They have $120+ million in cap money and enough draft capital to do whatever they'd like to complement Tua, Love, Fromm, Hurts, etc next year.

Burrow is 23 and older than Josh Rosen. He’s been a game manager until his 5th year. This is him at peak. Pass.

Fromm has been under 50% completion for five straight games and has less than 200 yards in three of them.

Tua’s injury came from he’s coach making him play before he was healthy.
Burrow is lighting it up and will win the Heisman.

Fromm has Coley as his OC, that's enough to ***** any Quarterback over.

Tua has been plagued with injuries ever since he was named the starter. Then again, who is truly healthy during the season?

I just don't see the value in Tua for that reason. It is what it is, I just want to see the Dolphins get better.

For real. Luck would probably be out of football by now if he had played behind that OL.

Advertisement
Back