OT: Dolphins trade Tunsil and Stills for two 1st RD picks

Advertisement
Dolphins will have the #1 overall pick in the 2020 and 2021 drafts. Double down on Tua and Lawrence...one has to turn out PB or HOF caliber..

Absolutely Trevor no question. I'm just ****ed still we passed on Matt Ryan for Jake Long. Not that Matt is some unstoppable QB but come on man that has to be one of the worst draft decisions ever.

Correction, Drafting non route running Ted Ginn when we needed a QB..

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why y'all are trading your ascending franchise left tackle?

Need to go check Eric Reid's twitter to see if he's picked up on a conspiracy about Kenny Stills being traded so he can be silenced.
LOL....see where criticizing the team owner gets you. Nooone gives two flips if he's silenced or not...he's someone else's problem. He'll need to come up with a new line about what he doesn't like to get attention now.

This is going to be the most entertaining rebuild of all time. As a lifelong die hard I'm more stoked today than I've been since Marino retired. Finally this team is rebuilding the right way through the draft. I'm excited for 2020.

Totally okay with this year being a complete waste. Nothing is worse than those 7-9 win seasons.

Correction, Drafting non route running Ted Ginn when we needed a QB..

Oddly enough, Ginn is still an impact player on a SB contender whereas Brady Quinn is a college football "analyst" if you'd dare call him that.

Everyone wanted that bum QB.

Where this team went tragically wrong was signing Culpepper over Brees, taking Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers, and Jake Long over Matt Ryan. Also all the stupid trades for backup QBs who flashed for a couple of games like AJ Feeley.

Advertisement
Anyone criticizing this deal should think of it as two 1st's for Tunsil and a 2nd for Stills, each of which is amazing. Together? Miami fleeced Houston and it's not really debatable. We will see if Miami can hit on those picks, but that's a separate discussion. The draft haul is embarrassingly in our favor.

Exactly. I don't see how it isn't universally understood that way. I have not been following the Dolphins. I didn't watch one play from preseason and have no plans to watch the regular season. Stephen Ross makes decisions. That enables me to make decisions. The league still looks like Jerry Jones and thinks like Jerry Jones right now. That won't remain the case for long. So many young people have made gobs of money in various new enterprises. The NFL can't protect its ownership tradition forever. It's only a matter of time before the pathetic Silent Generation dies out and is replaced by people who embraced the correct side of history.

Regardless, at least there are some sharp minds near the top of the Dolphins franchise for a change. This is no different than the Rosen trade. Methodically and unapologetically prioritize value. Get the best of one exchange after another and allow the totality to work in your favor. You'd have to be a monumental dunce not to trade with the Texans right now, given their situational realities. Keep talking to them and something positive will arrive.

Simply a fantastic trade. This move not only allows greater likelihood of qualifying for Tua outright, but it also protects against a scenario in which the 2019 Dolphins ***** up and win too many games. I have posted several times on Finheaven that the trade-up package to acquire Tua could be as steep as 4 first round draft picks. Well, the Dolphins now own 4 first round draft picks among 2020 and 2021. There is value at the extremes. Trading for a generational player like Tua would be value at the high end, just like that Storage Wars program in which the ultra sharp bidders weren't scared of the occasional $20,000 or $30,000 locker. You make that up and go so far over the top the original price is long forgotten. Idiots fight over the $1500 lockers and shove them too high. That is like NFL free agency and all the absurd contracts. Meanwhile the sharp franchises keep trying on hidden gems who cost next to nothing, or the other extreme of very occasionally paying high in confidence of the ultimate reward.

Trevor Lawrence still doesn't have one game on his college resume with a YPA number that reached Tua's remarkable season average in YPA from 2018. Typical fans predictably overreacted to that championship game and elevated Lawrence to mythical status, while dumping on Tua. The NFL won't be as dunce. But if the price on Tua drops...all the better.

Also, don't overlook the sea change in terms of character and the types of players who are prioritized. That was inevitable once Flores was brought in. All you had to do was watch a few videos of Flores during his New England tenure and the people from the Patriots organization who raved about him during those videos. This was real time, not after the Dolphins hired him. One very articulate player and coach after another. It reminded me of the Dolphins' roster from the '70s heyday. That team was known as sharpest and most resourceful in the league.

Tunsil is very talented. He is also a bong type. This regime doesn't want bong types. Or let's just say you aren't untouchable if you are a dreary-eyed bong type. If other Dolphins players didn't grasp that prior to yesterday, they do now.

For example, take a look at the cornerback the Dolphins got as an obscure throw-in from the Texans...Johnson Bademosi. Nobody will care about him. But I thought it was a subtle hint of what is going on behind the scenes. I remember Bademosi from Stanford. He was always a low key dependable type who made clutch plays on special teams, and occasionally in the secondary. Very impressive and matter of fact during interviews. The Patriots quietly traded for him a few years ago so Flores was familiar with him.

This is all about changing the locker room along with transitioning to logical smarts, as opposed to a dunce organization that attempted annual patchwork while allowing 7 years to a human spare like Ryan Tannehill.

Exactly. I don't see how it isn't universally understood that way. I have not been following the Dolphins. I didn't watch one play from preseason and have no plans to watch the regular season. Stephen Ross makes decisions. That enables me to make decisions. The league still looks like Jerry Jones and thinks like Jerry Jones right now. That won't remain the case for long. So many young people have made gobs of money in various new enterprises. The NFL can't protect its ownership tradition forever. It's only a matter of time before the pathetic Silent Generation dies out and is replaced by people who embraced the correct side of history.

Regardless, at least there are some sharp minds near the top of the Dolphins franchise for a change. This is no different than the Rosen trade. Methodically and unapologetically prioritize value. Get the best of one exchange after another and allow the totality to work in your favor. You'd have to be a monumental dunce not to trade with the Texans right now, given their situational realities. Keep talking to them and something positive will arrive.

Simply a fantastic trade. This move not only allows greater likelihood of qualifying for Tua outright, but it also protects against a scenario in which the 2019 Dolphins ***** up and win too many games. I have posted several times on Finheaven that the trade-up package to acquire Tua could be as steep as 4 first round draft picks. Well, the Dolphins now own 4 first round draft picks among 2020 and 2021. There is value at the extremes. Trading for a generational player like Tua would be value at the high end, just like that Storage Wars program in which the ultra sharp bidders weren't scared of the occasional $20,000 or $30,000 locker. You make that up and go so far over the top the original price is long forgotten. Idiots fight over the $1500 lockers and shove them too high. That is like NFL free agency and all the absurd contracts. Meanwhile the sharp franchises keep trying on hidden gems who cost next to nothing, or the other extreme of very occasionally paying high in confidence of the ultimate reward.

Trevor Lawrence still doesn't have one game on his college resume with a YPA number that reached Tua's remarkable season average in YPA from 2018. Typical fans predictably overreacted to that championship game and elevated Lawrence to mythical status, while dumping on Tua. The NFL won't be as dunce. But if the price on Tua drops...all the better.

Also, don't overlook the sea change in terms of character and the types of players who are prioritized. That was inevitable once Flores was brought in. All you had to do was watch a few videos of Flores during his New England tenure and the people from the Patriots organization who raved about him during those videos. This was real time, not after the Dolphins hired him. One very articulate player and coach after another. It reminded me of the Dolphins' roster from the '70s heyday. That team was known as sharpest and most resourceful in the league.

Tunsil is very talented. He is also a bong type. This regime doesn't want bong types. Or let's just say you aren't untouchable if you are a dreary-eyed bong type. If other Dolphins players didn't grasp that prior to yesterday, they do now.

For example, take a look at the cornerback the Dolphins got as an obscure throw-in from the Texans...Johnson Bademosi. Nobody will care about him. But I thought it was a subtle hint of what is going on behind the scenes. I remember Bademosi from Stanford. He was always a low key dependable type who made clutch plays on special teams, and occasionally in the secondary. Very impressive and matter of fact during interviews. The Patriots quietly traded for him a few years ago so Flores was familiar with him.

This is all about changing the locker room along with transitioning to logical smarts, as opposed to a dunce organization that attempted annual patchwork while allowing 7 years to a human spare like Ryan Tannehill.
If you haven't been paying attention to the Dolphins' preseason, a couple takeaways are that Jerome Baker looks like he's about to become a Pro Bowler and undrafted rookie WR Preston Williams has #1 WR potential down the road.

As for this trade, it was highway robbery. We landed in excess of what Oakland got for Khalil Mack. Khalil Mack! Sure, we also gave up Stills, but we still have Parker, Grant, Wilson, Williams, and Hurns at WR.

I don't get all the hate for Tua on this board, either. Is he as good as Lawrence? I don't think so, but I think they'll each go #1 overall. And since Tua is left-handed, we'd need a premium right tackle, not left tackle. That also makes the Tunsil trade more favorable should that materialize.

I live next door to the Lawrence family. Was having breakfast with them today - bagels, smoked herring, and cherry preserves. I asked whether the Miami Dolphins are now in play for 2021. Mr. Lawrence let out a bellicose laugh and said they always have been the team they were targeting, they just are working on getting Trevor down to Miami for a year or two before to acclimate - he said so he doesn't get the "small town benz from going to the big city too fast." It is not 100%, buT i think tehre is a good chance Trevor gets to the portal soon and we get him, so he can get the feel of Miami. Jarren can move to offensive tackle since he likes to eat I guess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Absolutely Trevor no question. I'm just ****ed still we passed on Matt Ryan for Jake Long. Not that Matt is some unstoppable QB but come on man that has to be one of the worst draft decisions ever.

Ronnie Brown over Aron Rodgers because we wanted Daunte over Drew Brees. That was an orgy of incompetence that saw us bypassing two future SB Champs and 1st-ballot HOFers.

Last edited:
Tua isnt doing anything for this team. Dont know why the ninja is always brought up like he is some juggernaut cause he could complete a pass over 15 yards...considering the sh*t bama has lined up at qb for years since they have the best ol and rbs in the nation, paired with 1st round wrs and te's
I agree. I would wait for Trevor to tank. Oh, take that WR who kept catching all his passes in the title game, just in case.

Advertisement
Back