OT: Dolphins trade Tunsil and Stills for two 1st RD picks

Advertisement
Of course. I wish they had kept him.

That said, Miami is in great position to pull a Browns and trade down from that Number 1 overall pick next year. In 2016, Cleveland traded the number two overall pick for two first rounders, a second rounder, and a third rounder. A year later, Cleveland traded the number twelve pick overall for two first rounders.

Theoretically, if the Dolphins could get a similar return we could see Miami turning next year's two first rounders into four first rounders in 2020 and 2021. They're going to need to do something like that to get someone big-time to throw to, as well as fill at least three of the offensive line spots.
Always worked for me on madden to stockpile picks. Lol

Thinking same thing. Fins in a position to possibly have 3 1st round picks in 2021. That should allow them to trade into #1 slot even if they have 4th or 5th pick. Hard to believe we finally have a GM who plays the long game.

What NFL GM would trade themselves out of Trevor Lawrence? If they have the #1 draft pick chances are whatever QB they have is expendable.

Last edited:
Dolphins fans might as well not even watch. ****zpatrick behind a bad o-line. Its gone get ugly.

I go as the team goes so if we're in wait-and-see mode, so am I. Great trade nonetheless since it was essentially just for Tunsil.

My guess is we build the lines over. That's the only way to be competitive. We finish with either 4 or 5 wins and take DE AJ Epenesa with the #5 pick.

They stick with Rosen for 2020 to really gauge how good he is when there's talent around him. If he fails, we end up with the same or lower pick in 2021. We then use Houston's 1st and 2nd in 2021 to trade for Lawerence. Just have to hope whoever has #1 that year, if not us, had a young QB go down for the season.

Advertisement
I go as the team goes so if we're in wait-and-see mode, so am I. Great trade nonetheless since it was essentially just for Tunsil.

My guess is we build the lines over. That's the only way to be competitive. We finish with either 4 or 5 wins and take DE AJ Epenesa with the #5 pick.

They stick with Rosen for 2020 to really gauge how good he is when there's talent around him. If he fails, we end up with the same or lower pick in 2021. We then use Houston's 1st and 2nd in 2021 to trade for Lawerence. Just have to hope whoever has #1 that year, if not us, had a young QB go down for the season.
No, I think a best case scenario is 1 win, and the worst and likely case is 0-16. If they pass on Tua next year as I think they will, they probably finish with no more than 3 wins over the next two years. If you follow Cleveland’s blueprint to rebuild the franchise, don’t be surprised if you get Cleveland’s results.

What NFL GM would trade themselves out of Trevor Lawrence? If they have the #1 QB chances are whatever QB they have is expendable.

The Cardinals in 2019 were the 1st team since 1983 to pick a first round QB in back to back years. 36 years in between. If a team picks a QB in the 1st round in 2020, it is statistically improbable they will take a QB in 2021, especially if another team is dangling 3 first round picks. Cold hard facts.

Advertisement
Anyone criticizing this deal should think of it as two 1st's for Tunsil and a 2nd for Stills, each of which is amazing. Together? Miami fleeced Houston and it's not really debatable. We will see if Miami can hit on those picks, but that's a separate discussion. The draft haul is embarrassingly in our favor.

No, I think a best case scenario is 1 win, and the worst and likely case is 0-16. If they pass on Tua next year as I think they will, they probably finish with no more than 3 wins over the next two years. If you follow Cleveland’s blueprint to rebuild the franchise, don’t be surprised if you get Cleveland’s results.
As @gogeta4 said, the Dolphins will win 4-5 games. No matter how good or bad people think we are, we'll squeak out a couple of wins.

Cleveland didn't have much talent when they started to tank. That's the difference. Miami has an All-Pro CB and another young CB/FS, young receivers, young LB's, and young DT's. Our rebuild will not take as long as Cleveland's. So Tua miraculously fixes our OL/DL and not getting him somehow guarantees we lose the next year? LOL. There are 3-4 QB's with first round talent in next year's draft; Tua isn't the only good one.

Advertisement
Tua isnt doing anything for this team. Dont know why the ninja is always brought up like he is some juggernaut cause he could complete a pass over 15 yards...considering the sh*t bama has lined up at qb for years since they have the best ol and rbs in the nation, paired with 1st round wrs and te's
Amazing analysis

" the key isn't getting lots of picks, it's picking great players with all those picks " Jimmy Johnson. Chris Grier must be familiar with this quote too.

Advertisement
We arent as inept as the Browns....

If you know the Dolphins like i do...this team will crank out 4-6 wins consistently.
Winning 6 games with the current roster would be somewhat impressive. That roster sucks.

A franchise left tackle is hard to come by they dont fall off trees
Tua is left-handed. If they draft him they'll want a franchise right tackle, lessening the need for Tunsil. I'm thrilled with this value. They got back more than Khalil Mack fetched. Tunsil isn't on that level, not even close.

As @gogeta4 said, the Dolphins will win 4-5 games. No matter how good or bad people think we are, we'll squeak out a couple of wins.

Cleveland didn't have much talent when they started to tank. That's the difference. Miami has an All-Pro CB and another young CB/FS, young receivers, young LB's, and young DT's. Our rebuild will not take as long as Cleveland's. So Tua miraculously fixes our OL/DL and not getting him somehow guarantees we lose the next year? LOL. There are 3-4 QB's with first round talent in next year's draft; Tua isn't the only good one.
I look at it this way...and I could be wrong. Miami can get three offensive linemen in Rounds 1 and 2 next year, but without a competent quarterback they won't win. And here's where you are right - Rosen and Fitzpatrick are certainly better than Kessler and Kizer. If Miami wants to guarantee a last place finish in 2020 while at the same time enhancing the roster, they need to cut Fitzpatrick, trade Rosen, and go with someone a like Kessler at QB next year.

Advertisement
Back