OT: Dolphins trade Tunsil and Stills for two 1st RD picks

Advertisement
Now we’ll need to draft a LT like Tunsil to fill that hole. I don’t get why teams draft, develop then trade good young players. Mack, Clowney, Tunsil, Landry, etc... What’s the point of even drafting them if you don’t want to pay to keep them?

Tunsil is one of the best LT in the NFL who also had two years left on his contract. Those are the kind of players you build around not trade away then rebuild again. We’ve been doing this same crap forever now.
Of course. I wish they had kept him.

That said, Miami is in great position to pull a Browns and trade down from that Number 1 overall pick next year. In 2016, Cleveland traded the number two overall pick for two first rounders, a second rounder, and a third rounder. A year later, Cleveland traded the number twelve pick overall for two first rounders.

Theoretically, if the Dolphins could get a similar return we could see Miami turning next year's two first rounders into four first rounders in 2020 and 2021. They're going to need to do something like that to get someone big-time to throw to, as well as fill at least three of the offensive line spots.

Can't see any team ever, no matter how many picks they get, trading out of the #1 spot and passing on Lawrence.

Depends on who is picking. Let's say a team took Tua in 2020 draft, doesnt start him right away, team gets #1 pick, then another team offered 3 1st rounders in 2021. Would have to be crazy to pass. Yes Lawrence looks like a sure thing and future super bowl winner, but so did Andrew Luck once upon a time.

Advertisement
Kiko is a non factor (probably will cut him as he isnt a starter for us anyway) and...no one wants him....They didnt let Drake go to the Texans sooooooo...
They're at 53 so if they didn't cut him now.. They'll trade him for something I think. They have 6 RBs on the roster right now. That doesn't make sense.

They're at 53 so if they didn't cut him now.. They'll trade him for something I think. They have 6 RBs on the roster right now. That doesn't make sense.

We've been trying to trade him alllll camp. Dude knew he wasnt gonna play. (Kiko)

Dont know why we have 6 rbs....but alot of them looked good in preseason Mark Walton included. They likely wanna stash 1 of Laird or Gaskin. Laird has looked good as well as Gaskin

We've been trying to trade him alllll camp. Dude knew he wasnt gonna play. (Kiko)

Dont know why we have 6 rbs....but alot of them looked good in preseason Mark Walton included. They likely wanna stash 1 of Laird or Gaskin. Laird has looked good as well as Gaskin
No stashing, if you mean practice squad. They all made the 53. Have to believe that means Drake is getting traded.

Advertisement
Of course. I wish they had kept him.

That said, Miami is in great position to pull a Browns and trade down from that Number 1 overall pick next year. In 2016, Cleveland traded the number two overall pick for two first rounders, a second rounder, and a third rounder. A year later, Cleveland traded the number twelve pick overall for two first rounders.

Theoretically, if the Dolphins could get a similar return we could see Miami turning next year's two first rounders into four first rounders in 2020 and 2021. They're going to need to do something like that to get someone big-time to throw to, as well as fill at least three of the offensive line spots.
Yeah, Schefter just tweeted something about that: “@AdamSchefter: Text from NFL exec: “I remember a time when people talked about the Browns having multiple picks - and they turned into Brandon Weeden, Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, Cameron Irving.”

It’s nice having multiple picks and each rounds but if we don’t hit on them then we’re screwed because they’re not a sure thing. Tunsil was a sure thing

Advertisement
Yeah, Schefter just tweeted something about that: “@AdamSchefter: Text from NFL exec: “I remember a time when people talked about the Browns having multiple picks - and they turned into Brandon Weeden, Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, Cameron Irving.”

It’s nice having multiple picks and each rounds but if we don’t hit on them then we’re screwed because they’re not a sure thing. Tunsil was a sure thing
True, and I would have liked them to keep him.

I do like the idea of the extra picks though. You don't have to have any greater success rate than the average NFL team. Let's presume 3 out of 7 draft choices work out. If you have 14 draft selections each year like the Dolphins probably will in 2020 and 2021, that's 12 starters that you're potentially adding over the next two years.

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why y'all are trading your ascending franchise left tackle?

Need to go check Eric Reid's twitter to see if he's picked up on a conspiracy about Kenny Stills being traded so he can be silenced.

My prediction:

Tunsil will be good add for Texans (O'Brien coaching for his job).

Stils will give Houston buyer's remorse.

This was a great trade by the Dolphins and I am normally critical of their moves. Of course it sucks losing Tunsil, why do you think we're getting back such a ridiculous haul from the Texans? The Texans still have a lot of issues and I don't think they're draft pick is going to be much worse than the 20th pick of the first round, if that. The loss of Stills is almost addition by subtraction. WR was the deepest position on the team and they love what they see so far from Preston Williams. There's enough there with him, Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant, and Allen Hurns.

I think Miami is targeting Tua next year unless someone else clearly unseats him (right now he is the consensus #1 QB in the draft in NFL circles, whether right or wrong, that is a fact). Or, unless Josh Rosen steps in at some point and they believe they want to build around him. And, if so, they'll have the draft capital to complete a roster around him.

Advertisement
Back