OT: Dolphins trade Tunsil and Stills for two 1st RD picks

I agree. I would wait for Trevor to tank. Oh, take that WR who kept catching all his passes in the title game, just in case.
Here's the problem with that: there are going to be about 5 other teams tanking in an effort to land Trevor. And only one of them gets him and it won't matter how many other 2021 picks we have, whoever has the first pick is keeping it and taking him. You take the best QB in 2020.

Advertisement
Here's the problem with that: there are going to be about 5 other teams tanking in an effort to land Trevor. And only one of them gets him and it won't matter how many other 2021 picks we have, whoever has the first pick is keeping it and taking him. You take the best QB in 2020.
Sure. And then try for him too. Can’t count on any of them.

Oddly enough, Ginn is still an impact player on a SB contender whereas Brady Quinn is a college football "analyst" if you'd dare call him that.

Everyone wanted that bum QB.

Where this team went tragically wrong was signing Culpepper over Brees, taking Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers, and Jake Long over Matt Ryan. Also all the stupid trades for backup QBs who flashed for a couple of games like AJ Feeley.

I’m aware however, he wasn’t an impact player when we drafted him, just a fast guy who couldn’t run routes correctly. Plus that year they went to the SB, all season he overachieved as a receiver until the big game where he played riiiiiight at his level.. The level we drafted him at with his bum ***..

There are ways to ensure that you fortify your roster and still go 0-16.

#1) Find the worst "plausible" free agent quarterback that there is. Someone with a proven track record of interceptions
#2) Run a very conservative, three yards and a cloud of dust offense. Don't take chances. Or if you have the opportunity to kick a field goal on the 20 yard line and it's 4th and goal...go for the touchdown.
#3) Put legitimate, good players on injured reserve the moment that they get a bruise
#4) Sign over the hill players to replace the IR-consigned players

There are ways to ensure that you fortify your roster and still go 0-16.

#1) Find the worst "plausible" free agent quarterback that there is. Someone with a proven track record of interceptions
#2) Run a very conservative, three yards and a cloud of dust offense. Don't take chances. Or if you have the opportunity to kick a field goal on the 20 yard line and it's 4th and goal...go for the touchdown.
#3) Put legitimate, good players on injured reserve the moment that they get a bruise
#4) Sign over the hill players to replace the IR-consigned players
0-16 is excessive. You absolutely have to win at least one game. Do you remember the 2007 season? That 1-15 year was beyond painful, I can't even imagine the sting and shame of 0-16, it never goes away.

Your examples are extremes. Our roster has a 3-13 feel to it. We don't need to orchestrate anything more blatant with regards to tanking than we're already doing.

Advertisement
0-16 is excessive. You absolutely have to win at least one game. Do you remember the 2007 season? That 1-15 year was beyond painful, I can't even imagine the sting and shame of 0-16, it never goes away.

Your examples are extremes. Our roster has a 3-13 feel to it. We don't need to orchestrate anything more blatant with regards to tanking than we're already doing.
If the goal is Lawrence, then you can "go wild" this year and try to win every game, knowing that your absolute ceiling is 5 wins, and more than likely 3 wins as you say. The 2020 draft would be used to rebuild the entire o line, as well as adding a premium skill position player. But in the 2020 season, you would have to be strategic, continue to build your roster, but craftily lose. Basically you have to adopt the 76ers "Process" strategy, or purposely put into effect what the Brown did in 2016 and 2017. And that means no wins. As painful as it sounds, it's really the only way to guarantee that you get Lawrence.

Honestly, I don't care if they go 0-32 over the next two seasons if the end result is a long string of winning seasons beginning in 2021 and beyond. Two decades of terrible football have sucked the joy...and hope out of being a Dolphin fan.

Last edited:
Another way to get Lawrence is to start a rumor that he has a coke habit, worked with Marino.
Ronnie Brown over Aron Rodgers because we wanted Daunte over Drew Brees. That was an orgy of incompetence that saw us bypassing two future SB Champs and 1st ballor HOFers.
Or spending three first round draft choices in four years (2002 - 2005) on running backs.
Or spending five second round draft choices in six years (2004 - 2009) on quarterbacks, only one who lasted longer than two years

Advertisement
I think it's a good move to sniff out the losers on the team. Players were saying they would revolt if Tunsil was traded. Now can find the problem children and trade them for a bag of footballs. Team has to be completely blown up and start over.

I mean..you never know...How do you think the Ravens players would've felt if John Harbaugh came in and traded Ed Reed or Ray Lewis right after pre-season?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back