Off-Topic OT- Dogs

4C5B5B24-8ECA-45FE-B157-0992F3C72869.jpeg
She's a Blue Nose Pit Bull, third one I have had. Raised properly, they are one of the best dogs out there imo.

Advertisement
Kids are dying for a Blue Heeler. My Beagle doesn't have many years left in him. Definitely might be the next dog.
We rescued ours. He is 2 so we have to be cautious with him, but he is an AMAZING dog. Very athletic in terms of running, jumping, change of direction which is fun. He's about 40 lbs and wont get much bigger unless we overfeed and under exercise him. Love chasing the ball and catching frisbee. Really fun breed, but it's that whole nipping thing. It's in their DNA and when they get excited sometimes they lead with their teeth so to speak. They don't mean to it's just who they are. Like i said We have to watch him since he's only been with us a short time. Excellent addition.

Plus fun joke about a blue heeler is they will let a trespasser in the house....he just doesn't make it out of the house

We rescued ours. He is 2 so we have to be cautious with him, but he is an AMAZING dog. Very athletic in terms of running, jumping, change of direction which is fun. He's about 40 lbs and wont get much bigger unless we overfeed and under exercise him. Love chasing the ball and catching frisbee. Really fun breed, but it's that whole nipping thing. It's in their DNA and when they get excited sometimes they lead with their teeth so to speak. They don't mean to it's just who they are. Like i said We have to watch him since he's only been with us a short time. Excellent addition.

Plus fun joke about a blue heeler is they will let a trespasser in the house....he just doesn't make it out of the house
Thanks for the info. Wife was telling me about the nipping. I was hoping she was wrong lile always.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve read about how smart Dobermans are and how protective they can be, but talking to owners … Doberman’s can be a REAL challenge for a novice dog owner, or someone unfamiliar with Doberman temperament. In short: they ain’t all that sweet. I was told Dobermans are seriously high maintenance and you better be showing dominance (Be the Alpha) at all times - especially, if you have more than one.

side note: very good friend has a Doberman he’s had since a pup and he describes her as “a bit of an *******”. He muzzles her when anyone new comes into his house. And all he’s ever owned is Dobermans.

CJ is the first dog I have ever owned. Growing up I was all over the state every weekend playing club soccer so there was no time or attention to spare. I LOVED his dad who, as a Russian was a little smaller but could clear a 6 ft. fence with little effort and always joked with my buddy that I was in if he ever had puppies. When he did, I actually was going to pass on getting one until the girl I was dating told me " I was not allowed to have a Dobie if I was dating her". I went and picked him up 15 minutes later.

I got him right at 6 weeks and showed who was boss early. He has been a gentle giant ever since (for me)

Advertisement
I have two rotties. One we got from a breeder and one is a rescue. Our guy from the breeder was born right before Sean Taylor died and has been incredible with temperament and behavior. Our rescue is a good dog, super shy, was a stray rescue and clearly still afraid of most men and dealt with some **** in her early life. So many good dogs out there that need homes, but with little kids or other pets, I can’t hate you if you go to a reputable breeder and I struggle with it myself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We’ve got a solid husky crew on CIS!

Jenna is six-months old, she’s been keeping us busy and sane during quarantine. She loves other pups and people so much that it was really a challenge to socialize her the first couple months we had her.

View attachment 123221View attachment 123222View attachment 123223
Beautiful dog. I came close to getting a Husky before settling on mine 18 months ago. Ended up not getting one because the fence in my back yard isn't tall enough. I had read they tend to be escape artists.

Is your dog Grey? It may be the light... such a cool dog.
She’s “blue” but the color definitely is greyish blue. Some blue pits have more white on them. Every one I have had has been mostly blue but that’s because I picked them out and that’s what I go for. The first blue pit I ever had was stolen from the breeder because they were breeding to fight them. It was my second dog ever and I have gotten nothing but blue pits ever since. He was so young we had to bottle feed him. These pictures aren’t from when we first got him but he was still pretty young.

Attachments

• 8D817149-991E-462C-9B39-A96B4A0CC794.jpeg
    8D817149-991E-462C-9B39-A96B4A0CC794.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 18
  • D05CDA64-DBEA-4732-AFCA-09BEF2851127.jpeg
    D05CDA64-DBEA-4732-AFCA-09BEF2851127.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 663570A6-36BD-4426-98BF-6804977BFA1B.jpeg
    663570A6-36BD-4426-98BF-6804977BFA1B.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 19
  • C298A5C1-11D3-4DE0-8283-03273F3315B3.jpeg
    C298A5C1-11D3-4DE0-8283-03273F3315B3.jpeg