Off-Topic OT- Dogs

On my 7th Doberman.
One of the smartest dog breeds in the world. Athletic. Short haired. Ridiculously loyal and protective. Super sweet.
I wouldn't even entertain owning another breed.

View attachment 122950
Beautiful! My step-daughter has one - Zoe. She's 100 lbs, black and tan, and a big teddy bear - but don't mess with the fam - and almost too smart for her own good!

Advertisement
Been breeding Pits for almost 30 years. This litter turned 5 weeks old today.

pups.jpg

I have Dogo Argentino named Zion Cane.
Not a breed for everyone especially if you get them from a good line.
I had my doubts about a white coated bully type breed. Had friends with American bulldogs and English bulldogs and the light coat for some reason made them sun and food sensitivity.
This is a hard breed. Can take heat and bad terrain and is just sturdy AF! Loves to be outside more than inside in the AC.
Took him hog hunting once and wow!!! Couldn’t really appreciate the power of these dogs till you see it up close
Here’s my breeders IG

Never heard of so I looked it up. The one in the photo looked liked a mean *** body builder. I wouldn't want that MF'er loose in my neighborhood. Never understood why stupid *** pit bulls are so popular. FYI, I don't own anything I have to feed, cleanup after or give attention.

Advertisement
On my 7th Doberman.
One of the smartest dog breeds in the world. Athletic. Short haired. Ridiculously loyal and protective. Super sweet.
I wouldn't even entertain owning another breed.

View attachment 122950
I’ve read about how smart Dobermans are and how protective they can be, but talking to owners … Doberman’s can be a REAL challenge for a novice dog owner, or someone unfamiliar with Doberman temperament. In short: they ain’t all that sweet. I was told Dobermans are seriously high maintenance and you better be showing dominance (Be the Alpha) at all times - especially, if you have more than one.

side note: very good friend has a Doberman he’s had since a pup and he describes her as “a bit of an *******”. He muzzles her when anyone new comes into his house. And all he’s ever owned is Dobermans.

We've had a lab, 2 pomeranians, and we just rescued a blue heeler/sherpard mix.

The lab was a great dog

The pomerainians are AWESOME pets. They have some great personalities and are pretty good guard dogs because they bark when the wind blows, but a lot of fun and great company.

We just got the Blue Heeler because we had to put the lab, 1 pom, and another stray down over the years. The Blue Heeler is pretty cool. They're cattle dogs who "nip" to herd. This is his only down fall. Sometimes when excited he will pinch you as he is nipping and it's a little much around the young kids at times, but he'll grow out of it and we love the find. They're SUPER athletic and a lot of energy so you have to run them. However he's a cool dog.
Kids are dying for a Blue Heeler. My Beagle doesn't have many years left in him. Definitely might be the next dog.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Never heard of so I looked it up. The one in the photo looked liked a mean *** body builder. I wouldn't want that MF'er loose in my neighborhood. Never understood why stupid *** pit bulls are so popular. FYI, I don't own anything I have to feed, cleanup after or give attention.
People don’t give a lot of thought into bringing a person into the world and put even less thought into a dog. Then when sht goes wrong it’s the dog’s fault.
If fchihuahuas gained 100 lbs overnight there would be maulings all over the news. But because they weight 10 lbs it’s cute. I’ve walked my dog and had little bichons try to go to war. They’re owners laugh and smile and say sorry like it’s cute. A person like that gets my dog and my dogs name appears on the mortgage. One day with an owner like that and he’s claiming squatters rights on everything including the toilets.

I walk my dog off leash in my neighborhood and he’s happy go lucky. But don’t come in our yard or step foot in my house.
I work 12 hr shifts and sometimes 3 or 4 days in a row. I know some cops and the stories they tell me about home invasions and such are the type of things that keeps you up at night knowing you’re about to be gone all day and it’s just the wife and kids at hime. When I log into the security cameras and see my family watching tv and the couch monster is next to them I know he has my back.
41958187-D624-46B5-9D08-291C83F4C35C.jpeg

I'll be that guy... and prob get a ton of neg reactions.

The idea of breeding, especially pits/bully breeds is insane.

Every counties shelter in America is euthanizing thousands of perfectly healthy dogs under the age of 2 every year.

I do a good amount with various rescue groups and the amount of dogs bred out and then find there way to shelters with burn marks, broken bones, hit by cars, parvo, heartworm etc. - its f'ckn disgusting.

If you love dogs, i literally do not understand how you could ever support breeding or buying them some god awful puppy store.

Advertisement

Every counties shelter in America is euthanizing thousands of perfectly healthy dogs under the age of 2 every year.

I do a good amount with various rescue groups and the amount of dogs bred out and then find there way to shelters with burn marks, broken bones, hit by cars, parvo, heartworm etc. - its f'ckn disgusting.

If you love dogs, i literally do not understand how you could ever support breeding or buying them some god awful puppy store.

Most dogs were developed to do actual jobs. You can’t have a corgi fetching birds out of a lake. So, breeding has a place. I don’t know about pit bulls.

I would add that you can get most any dog you want at the SPCA. My Labrador was a rescue. Plenty of people buy dogs and then can’t handle the responsibility and drop them off. The key is to learn about how dogs present and communicate and then get one that fits who you are.

Best intentions post. Lol.

Unfortunately, there are scumbags out there that are irresponsible and abusive. For the most part, I believe the vast majority of dog owners are responsible, loving parents that welcome their dogs as part of their family.

Kudos to you for the work you do. Don’t become jaded by the actions of those scumbags that are ignorant and irresponsible.

Most dogs were developed to do actual jobs. You can’t have a corgi fetching birds out of a lake. So, breeding has a place. I don’t know about pit bulls.

I would add that you can get most any dog you want at the SPCA. My Labrador was a rescue. Plenty of people buy dogs and then can’t handle the responsibility and drop them off. The key is to learn about how dogs present and communicate and then get one that fits who you are.

Best intentions post. Lol.
keep my name out your mouth! my job is to sleep eat **** n ****

Attachments

• 20200716_094257.jpg
    20200716_094257.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Advertisement
Back