OT: Does UGA have the best bagmen in college?

Advertisement
LMAO to every bit of this. The SEC will not be touched. Nor will Texas, OSU, Michigan, Oklahoma and the like.

The NCAA has ZERO interest in hurting a blue blood. They'd literally be biting the hand that feeds them. Now a small school like Miami? Sure.
Interesting. "The SEC will not be touched", yet Ole Miss just vacated 33 wins.

And you must not be familiar with Michigan's sanctions stemming from payments to players beginning with the Fab Five onward.

Advertisement
These schools are going to one day learn the hard way. It's probably going to take what happened back in the 80's with SMU: a blue chip player takes money to go to a school, said player gets injured and/or passed on the depth chart, and then said player snitches. The bag game is so sophisticated and evolving based on lessons from Pitino and others, that it's going to be hard to nail them on wire taps. A disgruntled participant will need to come forth and just run his mouth.
Doesn’t matter if a disgruntled player opens his mouth, Nothing will ever come of it. Unless UM or maybe USC is involved.

Look at Laremy Tunsil’s situation.

Last edited:
You're partially right in your post. Read what I said. Clemson is not in top 10 in the bag game. Yes, they do have some nice boosters. I know about the restaurant in Spartanburg. I get it. But, my point is, some posters are caught up in only southern football dropping bags. I can tell you a school that no one on this board mentions that rivals Bama/Georgia.
..... well? What school?

Doesn’t matter is a disgruntled player opens his mouth, Nothing will ever come of it. Unless UM or maybe USC is involved.

Look at Laremy Tunsil’s situation.
Not sure what happened re: Tunsil, but Ole Miss just vacated 33 wins. Disgruntled players snitching (Sean Stopperich and David Stanley) is what led to SMU receiving the death penalty. Catch "The Pony Excess" if you haven't seen the ESPN 30 for 30.

Advertisement
OP: You do know this was exactly what was said about us, enabling our 5 NCs. ?? Not saying it doesn't happen (am sure it happened at UM too) but it's always a convenient excuse for down programs.

I avoid the ongoing bag conspiracy on this site because I know that not every players gets bought. But some certainly do. And if you think Clemson is not a player at that level, you have not been paying attention. Ask CJ Spiller's mama.

This is probably the most logical way to look at the bag game.

Advertisement
Not sure what happened re: Tunsil, but Ole Miss just vacated 33 wins. Disgruntled players snitching (Sean Stopperich and David Stanley) is what led to SMU receiving the death penalty. Catch "The Pony Excess" if you haven't seen the ESPN 30 for 30.
Tunsil was the Ole Miss player whose phone was hacked on draft day, and text messages between he and the coach paying him were made public. In his press conference after being drafted that night, he admitted to being paid by coaches.

The NCAA never even bothered to investigate those payments. The slap on the wrist they received was for fixing ACT scores and allowing players to hunt on boosters land. Vacating 33 wins absolutely in no way affects that teams ability to compete. They’re meaningless.

So think about that... they have a first round draft pick, in a nationally televised press conference, admitting to being paid. By a coach. And the text messages to prove it...And the NCAA does nothing.

SMU was 30 years ago, and operated in a world and with an ncaa that doesn’t exist anymore. In 2018, certain schools and do what they want and other schools can’t.

Bama
UGA
Oh St
TAMU
LSU
Ole Miss
UF
Clemson
Oklahoma
Auburn
FSU
Texas
USC
Tennessee

These are the top Bag schools, every now & then a few others will creep in there, but for the most part those are the schools that will absolutely pay players for their services.

That's just for Football though, Basketball is a whole other Black market. **** near everybody droppin bags in BBall lol even program's in the AAC, CUSA & Big East pay players.
Correct.

Advertisement
Tunsil was the Ole Miss player whose phone was hacked on draft day, and text messages between he and the coach paying him were made public. In his press conference after being drafted that night, he admitted to being paid by coaches.

The NCAA never even bothered to investigate those payments. The slap on the wrist they received was for fixing ACT scores and allowing players to hunt on boosters land. Vacating 33 wins absolutely in no way affects that teams ability to compete. They’re meaningless.

So think about that... they have a first round draft pick, in a nationally televised press conference, admitting to being paid. By a coach. And the text messages to prove it...And the NCAA does nothing.

SMU was 30 years ago, and operated in a world and with an ncaa that doesn’t exist anymore. In 2018, certain schools and do what they want and other schools can’t.
Well said.

Advertisement
Back