OT: Does UGA have the best bagmen in college?

I know for a fact Wake forest pays their freaking tennis players, envelope is left in their locker.

Clearly football is getting a crap ton

Advertisement
The only way the bag game gets throttled is if the IRS and Feds get involved. Put a couple of parents in jail for tax evasion and unreported income.. then these song birds will hit the tune to save their own hides...

You're preaching to the choir with that. Except, again, you're wrong. The NCAA has absolutely nothing to do with state or federal laws. Which means the impact of a lawyer is minimal, at best.

So nothing about what you said is remotely relevant.

Keep laughing, but you just made it abundantly clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Rule #1 when anyone accuses you of anything at any level you always call a lawyer and don’t say nothing.

You realize the NCAA has a legal team right? You think it’s better off dealing with them directly becuase they aren’t the feds? You got it all wrong.

Advertisement

Rule #1 when anyone accuses you of anything at any level you always call a lawyer and don’t say nothing.

You realize the NCAA has a legal team right? You think it’s better off dealing with them directly becuase they aren’t the feds? You got it all wrong.

You have no idea what you're talking about or what I'm talking about. Get your foot out of your mouth.

Show me where I said you immediately cooperate without the advice of an attorney? Show me that.

It's called a plea deal. If you're guilty, and you know you're guilty, there is absolutely no point in fighting if the evidence is there. It takes place IN THE PRESENCE OF AND UNDER THE ADVICE OF AN ATTORNEY. This is just as true for the legal system as it is for the NCAA. Except the NCAA has absolutely no binding to "rule of law" whatsoever. If you cover up $#!+ and they find out later, it's just going to be worse.

Learn how to read and stop coming at me like you have any idea what you're talking about.

Is there a Canes board you can recommend? I am obviously on some board in Georgia, run by people that can't stop talking about Georgia.
Maybe you haven't been paying attention lately, but UGA (a team that was never in the picture) just snatched maybe the best WR in the country from us at literally the last second, with a huge sack of cash, a car, and who knows what else. I think that makes it relevant.

Incorrect. They got sanctions for lying about it. Just like Grace and Muhammed weren't kicked off the team for the car rental thing. They got booted for lying about it.

The NCAA is a lot like the police. If they bust you, they bust you. You have the option to be honest and cooperate or make it worse. You're way better off cooperating.

It actually has been proven the less you cooperate the better regarding the NCAA.

Advertisement
It actually has been proven the less you cooperate the better regarding the NCAA.

LMAO please provide said "proof."

What you are saying is literally impossible to prove because no case is the same, nor are the totality of sanctions, in most cases. So I'd love to see factual, scientific proof of this, because it doesn't exist.

Boy oh boy... UGA has the best bagmen in college athletics right now. They just got the top recruit in Hoops. Their b-ball program is junk. Crap. Nothing. And boom, they get the top guy. And Pickens? Already riding around in a brand new fat *** car.

A Warchant poster posted up a story about Pickens. Even named his source. People went nuts and then he edited the post. But he's seen a pic of the car w him in it and he knows where it came from.
Boy o boy. Do we have the whinest fans in the football world. If you know so much. Put your money where your mouth is. So the board your proof.

All in all, given the fact Miami is most likely under the watchful eyes of the NCAA we’re just going to have to make do with what we can get talent wise, develop them, and see where it takes us. We do have some well off boosters but nowhere in the park of an Alabama, A&M, UGA, etc. but what an even better way to climb back up the mountain showing we did it the clean way.

Advertisement
LMAO please provide said "proof."

What you are saying is literally impossible to prove because no case is the same, nor are the totality of sanctions, in most cases. So I'd love to see factual, scientific proof of this, because it doesn't exist.
I also recall hearing this. I believe they looked at sanctions handed down to teams that did and did not cooperate, and made the judgement based on that.

For example... The violations of Ohio State, the tattoos, and UM, w the appetizers, may be close enough to compare. OSU didn’t cooperate and Miami did.

There were obviously more examples they used, but you get the picture. These aren’t Apple to apples comparisons, but whoever wrote the article claimed it’s better to not cooperate. The cooperating schools did not get any leeway.

Arkansas has an elite Foundation and probably second best next to Alabama's. The Waltons, Tysons and Hunts actively participate in running. It is elite. They obtained $150M for stadium reconstruction a few years ago.

The 'Dawgs is also elite. 70% of Atlanta graduated from Georgia and you have to donate in order to reach the city's upper echelon.

Texas is the wealthiest school but the 'booster-base' is highly fractious. Not sure about FSU and UF. In terms of sheer size, the Seminoles can obtain sizable funds, but they lack a billionaire backer like Oklahoma State, Houston, Texas and Arkansas. Bryant Jr. has a net worth of $250M and the entire state of Alabama backs the Tide...

Ark. foundation isn't getting a good ROI. With all that money available they should be recruiting at a higher level. They did have a nice recruiting class this year given their record. But with the resources available they should be pulling in top 10 classes.

Advertisement
I also recall hearing this. I believe they looked at sanctions handed down to teams that did and did not cooperate, and made the judgement based on that.

For example... The violations of Ohio State, the tattoos, and UM, w the appetizers, may be close enough to compare. OSU didn’t cooperate and Miami did.

There were obviously more examples they used, but you get the picture. These aren’t Apple to apples comparisons, but whoever wrote the article claimed it’s better to not cooperate. The cooperating schools did not get any leeway.

So a guy wrote an article and made an inference? Was the guy a Pulitzer Prize winner? I hate to break this to you but most national sports journalists are complete morons.

Regardless, this is absolutely not provable nor is it logical.

It does not behoove any institution to expend more resources to result in a less stringent sentence.

So a guy wrote an article and made an inference? Was the guy a Pulitzer Prize winner? I hate to break this to you but most national sports journalists are complete morons.

Regardless, this is absolutely not provable nor is it logical.

It does not behoove any institution to expend more resources to result in a less stringent sentence.

Did I make any judgement on the value of the article? Don’t think I did. Just telling you what was written.... that cooperating w the ncaa isn’t worth it. It wasn’t meant to be a scientific study, so take correlation however u want. Shouldn’t be too hard to find the article, read it for yourself.

Also... if it can’t be proven that cooperation does not benefit the school, then it can’t be proven that cooperation does benefit the school.

PS... why all of a sudden do you think the ncaa would act with any competence at all?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back