OT: Does UGA have the best bagmen in college?

Advertisement
You're preaching to the choir with that. Except, again, you're wrong. The NCAA has absolutely nothing to do with state or federal laws. Which means the impact of a lawyer is minimal, at best.

So nothing about what you said is remotely relevant.

Keep laughing, but you just made it abundantly clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.
There’s actually laws against paying an amateur athlete. So technically, dropping bags is against the law.

I’m not an attorney, but I read an article about the adidas issue and why there’s criminal charges.

Advertisement
My best friend is a Michigan reporter and he has told me with absolute certainty that Clemson offered Rashan Gary $700k to go there

Kirby may have survived the World of Light mode, but he definitely won't survive another 2 more seasons without a title. He'll be right back in Tuscaloosa. These boosters expect a return on their investment, and right now, he's really no better than when Richt was there. I'd hate to be the guy who dropped change on Justin Fields. I'd be irate.

Advertisement
Why don't they get the "Storage Wars" auctioneers husband and wife and cut to the chase and do it that way...GEEEZ

GOCANES

OP: You do know this was exactly what was said about us, enabling our 5 NCs. ?? Not saying it doesn't happen (am sure it happened at UM too) but it's always a convenient excuse for down programs.

Actually, it's not.

Miami "invented" the performance bonus system. Cash and other incentives for big plays and performance on the field. I could be wrong, but I don't recall, outside of Shapiro (which was very limited and seemed to be contained to the BBall program under Frank Haith), ever hearing of any signing bonuses or recruiting payments. Also, the performance incentives were small potatoes compared to what we hear about today with the bag game. Our crimes were hundred dollar handshakes for a guy who had a great game. Today we're hearing about houses being sold, entire families moving 3,000 miles to follow their kid to college, jobs for entire families, new cars, and six-figure cash payouts.

Don't feed into the lies about Miami's history. It is colorful no doubt, but it is nowhere near as sordid or unique as it is made out to be.

It may be what was said about us, but don't imply that what is said about us is true, unless it actually is.

Gonna message you

I'd love to hear this too. I mean, I don't think it shocks anyone to hear that Oklahoma is and has been paying players. They were in LC's list.

I think another poster probably put it as accurately as it can be put about Tigger. They don't buy everyone, no team really does. And the pure volume of cash may not be the same as UGA or Baga, but they definitely, absolutely are at the top of the sport in their ability to cheat and get away with it right now. This includes recruiting and stay in school inducements, money and benefits such as jobs, new business investment, sold houses above market value, bought houses WAY below market value, cars, cash, and particularly obviously, steroids and other PED's.

I'd love to hear this too. I mean, I don't think it shocks anyone to hear that Oklahoma is and has been paying players. They were in LC's list.

I think another poster probably put it as accurately as it can be put about Tigger. They don't buy everyone, no team really does. And the pure volume of cash may not be the same as UGA or Baga, but they definitely, absolutely are at the top of the sport in their ability to cheat and get away with it right now. This includes recruiting and stay in school inducements, money and benefits such as jobs, new business investment, sold houses above market value, bought houses WAY below market value, cars, cash, and particularly obviously, steroids and other PED's.

particularly obviously, steroids and other PED's. Man, you know that Ostarine was in a GNC supplement.

Just kidding

Advertisement
Actually, it's not.

Miami "invented" the performance bonus system. Cash and other incentives for big plays and performance on the field. I could be wrong, but I don't recall, outside of Shapiro (which was very limited and seemed to be contained to the BBall program under Frank Haith), ever hearing of any signing bonuses or recruiting payments. Also, the performance incentives were small potatoes compared to what we hear about today with the bag game. Our crimes were hundred dollar handshakes for a guy who had a great game. Today we're hearing about houses being sold, entire families moving 3,000 miles to follow their kid to college, jobs for entire families, new cars, and six-figure cash payouts.

Don't feed into the lies about Miami's history. It is colorful no doubt, but it is nowhere near as sordid or unique as it is made out to be.

It may be what was said about us, but don't imply that what is said about us is true, unless it actually is.
I don't know or care about what our recruits/players may or may not have been paid in the years I've been watching Canes football (since 1963). Nor do I care about claims made against other programs. It's not the reason we won in the "glory years," nor why we recently have "lost."

Arkansas has an elite Foundation and probably second best next to Alabama's. The Waltons, Tysons and Hunts actively participate in running. It is elite. They obtained $150M for stadium reconstruction a few years ago.

The 'Dawgs is also elite. 70% of Atlanta graduated from Georgia and you have to donate in order to reach the city's upper echelon.

Texas is the wealthiest school but the 'booster-base' is highly fractious. Not sure about FSU and UF. In terms of sheer size, the Seminoles can obtain sizable funds, but they lack a billionaire backer like Oklahoma State, Houston, Texas and Arkansas. Bryant Jr. has a net worth of $250M and the entire state of Alabama backs the Tide...

Advertisement
You're partially right in your post. Read what I said. Clemson is not in top 10 in the bag game. Yes, they do have some nice boosters. I know about the restaurant in Spartanburg. I get it. But, my point is, some posters are caught up in only southern football dropping bags. I can tell you a school that no one on this board mentions that rivals Bama/Georgia.
Spill it.

Incorrect. They got sanctions for lying about it. Just like Grace and Muhammed weren't kicked off the team for the car rental thing. They got booted for lying about it.

The NCAA is a lot like the police. If they bust you, they bust you. You have the option to be honest and cooperate or make it worse. You're way better off cooperating.
Missouri football would like a word with you. They cooperated fully and still got a steel toed kick by Sasquatch where the sun don't shine while unc skated like the Stanley Cup Champions. The NCAA is as selective in it's enforcement as the baddest chick in the room is with the men there.

Missouri football would like a word with you. They cooperated fully and still got a steel toed kick by Sasquatch where the sun don't shine while unc skated like the Stanley Cup Champions. The NCAA is as selective in it's enforcement as the baddest chick in the room is with the men there.

And they still would've gotten it worse had they not cooperated.

The NCAA is full of attorneys with limitless resources. If you lie to them, they're gonna find out and hit you twice as hard.

Advertisement
Back