OT: Does UGA have the best bagmen in college?

Advertisement
They’ve had Players go on an HBO special an tell the world they got paid and nothing happened.What else do you think anyone could do/say that would be more telling.

Everyone ,including the feds,knows it’s goingon but aren’t dong anything about it.

Well...unless it's us.

These schools are going to one day learn the hard way. It's probably going to take what happened back in the 80's with SMU: a blue chip player takes money to go to a school, said player gets injured and/or passed on the depth chart, and then said player snitches. The bag game is so sophisticated and evolving based on lessons from Pitino and others, that it's going to be hard to nail them on wire taps. A disgruntled participant will need to come forth and just run his mouth.
When Saban FINALLY retires, I think **** will start to hit the fan. We will learn more post mortem.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A very good friend whose son decided not to attend UGA despite being one of the top football players in the state informed me that the offer for his son was $150k to attend UGA. And yes his son is that good. The offer came thru alumni of the high school the son attends. And I am confident the money behind the alumni was from a source at UGA, and not from the alumni pockets. This family cared more about education and didn't need the money so their son chose not to attend UGA. But that is almost impossible money for the vast majority of Americans to turn down. And it is almost unfair to expect people to turn down that much money.

Cool story, but where did the kid sign?

Advertisement
You're partially right in your post. Read what I said. Clemson is not in top 10 in the bag game. Yes, they do have some nice boosters. I know about the restaurant in Spartanburg. I get it. But, my point is, some posters are caught up in only southern football dropping bags. I can tell you a school that no one on this board mentions that rivals Bama/Georgia.

Maryland or Oregon

Advertisement
I avoid the ongoing bag conspiracy on this site because I know that not every players gets bought. But some certainly do. And if you think Clemson is not a player at that level, you have not been paying attention. Ask CJ Spiller's mama.

There is absolutely no conspiracy whatsoever. The bag game is very, very real, and has been confirmed by multiple players and journalists over the years.

Of course only a small percent of recruits get bags. That doesn't mean it's a conspiracy.

These schools are going to one day learn the hard way. It's probably going to take what happened back in the 80's with SMU: a blue chip player takes money to go to a school, said player gets injured and/or passed on the depth chart, and then said player snitches. The bag game is so sophisticated and evolving based on lessons from Pitino and others, that it's going to be hard to nail them on wire taps. A disgruntled participant will need to come forth and just run his mouth.

LMAO to every bit of this. The SEC will not be touched. Nor will Texas, OSU, Michigan, Oklahoma and the like.

The NCAA has ZERO interest in hurting a blue blood. They'd literally be biting the hand that feeds them. Now a small school like Miami? Sure.

Advertisement
Back