OT Darius Washington

Advertisement
We offered him months ago and he visited back in the first half of the season. Big difference from FSU offering 1 week and a half from signing day
I stand corrected!

We have missed on so many Oline in the past several years, that it has blurred our vision.

We recruited him much earlier and made him priority.

We had him on campus for TWO official visits.

We are the hottest team in the country thanks to the portal.

FSU offered just before singing day clearly showing he was a plan C kid.

They just insulted MLK and made headlines for it.

They have more kids leaving from the portal than coming.

Someone tell me how the f*ck this kid could choose FSU?

Check out a map.

Advertisement
his uncle(guy in the white shirt) is a big time noles fan, so theres that
You can tell by the smile with the Notes guy in the house. FSU only sent one coach though? Of course kids always say whoever shows me the most love, but when it comes to us it don't matter.

Family made up of FSU fans

Holy ****!

Who's that nerd with buck teeth and thick glasses in the front? ( I hope I'm not insulting a Washington family member). Is that Willie Taggert?

He looks like he got lost on his way to three hour chemistry lab, due to severe nearsightedness and astigmatism, and wandered into the football offices by mistake. After he never left, a number of years went by, lack of internal communication between several successive school and athletic administrations resulted in the misidentification of him as coaching staff.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I stand corrected!

We have missed on so many Oline in the past several years, that it has blurred our vision.
Still, panhandle kids have been very, very tough for us and FSU was very popular with Panhandle kids.

In fact, I recall there was a time, perhaps about 30 years ago, that I heard there were internal discussions on our then-coaching staff to simply ignore the Panhandle because the return on investment of time/resources was negligible.

Of course, then, I think we had a smaller recruiting budget so we had to go where we could be more successful.

I want to he optimistic, but we could count on one hand, I think, the number of times we got a Panhandle player. We got Ty Wise and whom else? Romeo Finley?

We did get a few from Tallahassee (Maybe Greg Threatt?, Brandon Loftus?)

Let's hope for some luck on this.

Just the Panhandle love for FSU might be enough for them to pull him as a last minute offer. Remember that DT from South Georgia (Chadwick, or Chatman, or whatever.)

Still, panhandle kids have been very, very tough for us and FSU was very popular with Panhandle kids.

In fact, I recall there was a time, perhaps about 30 years ago, that I heard there were internal discussions on our then-coaching staff to simply ignore the Panhandle because the return on investment of time/resources was negligible.

Of course, then, I think we had a smaller recruiting budget so we had to go where we could be more successful.

I want to he optimistic, but we could count on one hand, I think, the number of times we got a Panhandle player. We got Ty Wise and whom else? Romeo Finley?

We did get a few from Tallahassee (Maybe Greg Threatt?, Brandon Loftus?)

Let's hope for some luck on this.

Just the Panhandle love for FSU might be enough for them to pull him as a last minute offer. Remember that DT from South Georgia (Chadwick, or Chatman, or whatever.)

Ryan Hill
But yes, your point still remins.

We offered him months ago and he visited back in the first half of the season. Big difference from FSU offering 1 week and a half from signing day
With arguably one of thr worst offensive line seasons we've ever seen yet still didn't value him. See if Searles was here a bunch od idiots would say the same thing "FSU took our lunch money" instead of this kid is begging and I mean begging to fail

Advertisement
With arguably one of thr worst offensive line seasons we've ever seen yet still didn't value him. See if Searles was here a bunch od idiots would say the same thing "FSU took our lunch money" instead of this kid is begging and I mean begging to fail
By "begging to fail" do you mean he could go to FSU which would arguably be against his interests?

I'm sure they'll sell him on a plan for the team (and probably for him) which will persuade him and his family for his development as a player and person.

Besides from having to flip him from Mississippi State we now have to do a better selling job than FSU even with their recent problems. This could be tough given their possible geographic advantage.

Check our recruiting loses over the past few years and tell me how that map has worked for us.

You cant compare Tri-County kids to anywhere else in the country.

Only Tri-County kids and Jersey kids leave him in droves. The only difference is who the **** wants to play for Rutgers and Tri-County kids claim Miami is their dream school only to play for F$U, Baga, U$A.

By "begging to fail" do you mean he could go to FSU which would arguably be against his interests?

I'm sure they'll sell him on a plan for the team (and probably for him) which will persuade him and his family for his development as a player and person.

Besides from having to flip him from Mississippi State we now have to do a better selling job than FSU even with their recent problems. This could be tough given their possible geographic advantage.
Ok but what are they actually selling? You've made it clear thay he's not actually a plan C hes more so a plan L because they've recruited every offensive lineman with a pulse seemingly so you don't actually value Washington when he can go to Miss St who's way better then they are or us who value him. Fact is the "selling the program" narrative is true except that's extremely easy to do its ahout how true is your interest and would you treat him fairly especially when he's so close to you which they haven't proven.

Advertisement
Ok but what are they actually selling? You've made it clear thay he's not actually a plan C hes more so a plan L because they've recruited every offensive lineman with a pulse seemingly so you don't actually value Washington when he can go to Miss St who's way better then they are or us who value him. Fact is the "selling the program" narrative is true except that's extremely easy to do its ahout how true is your interest and would you treat him fairly especially when he's so close to you which they haven't proven.
I'm only saying they'll sell him a "bill of goods"--you know the expression.

He might or might not see through it.

Bill of Goods

One of these things is not like the other.

Attachments

• 1D318541-F0AB-458B-928D-6DBE8BB09CDF.jpeg
    1D318541-F0AB-458B-928D-6DBE8BB09CDF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 236
Advertisement
Back