OT Darius Washington

True and not true. We didn’t want smith once Clark committed. I would say DJ Williams the RB would be a better example this cycle. Did he end up at auburn?
Enrolled at auburn. We’re gonna be kicking ourselves if he balls out. Which I think he will. It may not have mattered considering we got rid of our offensive staph tho

Advertisement
This is one I give last staff a pass on. When we offered he was committed to app state and I’m pretty sure we were his first major offer. We also had Crowley the Gatorade player of the year for Florida who was committed and basically screwed us a month before signing day. I just hate when we are held to different standards then other teams.

funny how this works out. We offer hometown kid in Maurice Smith at the last minute and he tells us to kick rocks for FSU. Now home team FSU offers Washington at the last min and he is getting CB's there.

Searels preferred Clark. I don't think he was ever comfortable with Smith's size.

I'm a Smith fan but that's the direction they went. Both guys have a chance to be good centers.

its part of it. can campbell/Herbert be that time will tell I will say alto of teams there oline sits for at least 2 yrs. the elite start as freshman sometimes for schools but its rare. Miami had 0 tackles when richt took over but no one wanted to listen searles didn't help matter with his coaching but fact is guys like Donaldson Scaife forced to play early due to no other options and guys like campbell/herber/Hillary/Gaynor/reed weren't ready to start as true or rs freshman
Agreed, we have great interior prospects but not enough Tackles. For instances, take Scaife, he is an absolute beast and would make an adequate LT, very good RT but has AA talent at G. He is a supreme talent but doesn’t quite have the length that is ideal at T. We really need that Transfer to step up as well as on other T because with aninterior rotation of Gaynor Donaldson Scaife and Reed, we would be in business.

Advertisement
Agreed, we have great interior prospects but not enough Tackles. For instances, take Scaife, he is an absolute beast and would make an adequate LT, very good RT but has AA talent at G. He is a supreme talent but doesn’t quite have the length that is ideal at T. We really need that Transfer to step up as well as on other T because with aninterior rotation of Gaynor Donaldson Scaife and Reed, we would be in business.
I think people see Scaife as guard cause is 6-3 but I think he can be a great rt. nto sure is a lt but rt I think he can be best one Miami had in along time. I just think people don't realize what a dearth of talent on oline Miami had when richt took over or how much oline matters to his system. don't get me wrong I think we were in wrong system for our talent especially on oline as pro style requires a good olien spread u can work around mediocre oline but while I don't think searles got the best out of his talent and missed a lot on oline guys over past 3 yrs I think the talent is there it just wasn't ready to step up be the man yet. Donaldson Scaife both probably played before ready and could of used a rs and campbell/Hillary/Gaynor/Herbert and reed all were gonna take at least 1 yr maybe 2 to be ready will be fun to see how those guys develop with new oline coach which I think we needed and new s&c program people have to realize with oline recruits It takes time and even recruit services get it wrong as avg nfl starter is 2.4 star guy would of thought was higher but it isnt

I think people see Scaife as guard cause is 6-3 but I think he can be a great rt. nto sure is a lt but rt I think he can be best one Miami had in along time. I just think people don't realize what a dearth of talent on oline Miami had when richt took over or how much oline matters to his system. don't get me wrong I think we were in wrong system for our talent especially on oline as pro style requires a good olien spread u can work around mediocre oline but while I don't think searles got the best out of his talent and missed a lot on oline guys over past 3 yrs I think the talent is there it just wasn't ready to step up be the man yet. Donaldson Scaife both probably played before ready and could of used a rs and campbell/Hillary/Gaynor/Herbert and reed all were gonna take at least 1 yr maybe 2 to be ready will be fun to see how those guys develop with new oline coach which I think we needed and new s&c program people have to realize with oline recruits It takes time and even recruit services get it wrong as avg nfl starter is 2.4 star guy would of thought was higher but it isnt
It's not the NFL. Scaife can play OT for us for 4 years and move inside when he goes pro.

It's not the NFL. Scaife can play OT for us for 4 years and move inside when he goes pro.
I agree with u. I also think 6-3 rt is fine in nfl as long as he has the arm length to go with it. I don't know his arm length. that seems to be a big measurement for nfl.

Advertisement
Lmao. Local kids are all flakes? And you are holding them ‘accountable’ by porsting on CIS? Lol. Okay.

There is nothing remotely flakey, moreover, about a kid we ignored all cycle not picking us. It’s not even the right term to use.

When he cries his eyes out to the local newspaper and then picks another school that did the same exact thing to him...ehhh yeah he's a flake. I mean where's the kids pride crying to the herald like that?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Washington needs to go ahead an commit to Miami already. That FSU drab is not a good look.

Why FSU have those croots doing a photo shoot at the local trailerhasse high school??? What’s up with that set up lmao

Advertisement
Back