OT: Da Gawd

its so funny how you all want the people with platforms to shut up because you don't like what they are saying. everyone has a right to say whatever they want. not all of them are smart and intelligent that's for sure but some of them are reasonably intelligent. don't be hypocrites either. i bet when chuck wollery, jon voit, clint eastwood or any of the other right wing celebs say something you all listen. and frankly why are any of the cable hosts (right and left) any more qualified on these subjects than any of us or any celebrity? yet for some reason we all line up on our "sides" and lap up what they say night in and night out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Loved it as well but if he had said “stop thanking god every time you win an award” all the PC and snowflake hating people on here would have turned into whiny snowflakes themselves

Loved it as well but if he had said “stop thanking god every time you win an award” all the PC and snowflake hating people on here would have turned into whiny snowflakes themselves
why didn't he say that? it wouldn't have been the so called snoflakes that would have been up in arms, it would have been the evengelicals who get offended when you say happy holidays.

After Life is a great show.

After Life is a great show.
ha! watch his support dwindle now that people see what he thinks of trump and god.

Advertisement

so you get whiny and snow flaky when God is mentioned?

so you get whiny and snow flaky when God is mentioned?
I have zero problem with it just like I have zero problem with people getting up there and talking about issues they care about. I can tell you get whiny when those issues get talked about though and would have gotten even whinier if he had called on people to stop thanking god as if he cares who wins an award

Advertisement
why didn't he say that? it wouldn't have been the so called snoflakes that would have been up in arms, it would have been the evengelicals who get offended when you say happy holidays.
That’s my point. All the tough guys in here would be looking for the same safe spaces they occupied when nfl players were kneeling

Advertisement
I have zero problem with it just like I have zero problem with people getting up there and talking about issues they care about. I can tell you get whiny when those issues get talked about though and would have gotten even whinier if he had called on people to stop thanking god as if he cares who wins an award

Don't care. People can talk about whatever they want even if they are being hypocritical. But they can be called out for it too which was the point of Gervais' act. People that believe in God are not necessarily being hypocritical when they thank Him or want to acknowledge Him. See the difference?

its so funny how you all want the people with platforms to shut up because you don't like what they are saying. everyone has a right to say whatever they want. not all of them are smart and intelligent that's for sure but some of them are reasonably intelligent. don't be hypocrites either. i bet when chuck wollery, jon voit, clint eastwood or any of the other right wing celebs say something you all listen. and frankly why are any of the cable hosts (right and left) any more qualified on these subjects than any of us or any celebrity? yet for some reason we all line up on our "sides" and lap up what they say night in and night out.
Something about the truth aspect of this that made people happy, and uncomfortable.

What HE said, not you.

Advertisement
I’ve enjoyed Gervais’ radio show on Comedy Central, and for those who don’t know, Gervais and Stephen Merchant created the Office in the UK, and then created the show many of us love in the US.
Gervais skews progressive.

Advertisement
Back