OT: Corruption in NCAA BBAll

Who was the athletic director when Miami finalized the deal with Adidas?

Three players, 2 to loserville and 1 to Miami, allegedly?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Christ Here we go again. Can't this school EVER stay out of trouble? WOrst run damned school in the country. So fed up with this chit.

The Miami coach isn't being arrested because he didn't take the bribe. Just like the UL coach. They only arrested coaches who personally accepted money from the Adidas resp themselves. Those coaches personally got paid $ to bribe the kid, the kid was then also paid by Adidas's or in the Arizona case the coach turned around and gave some of the money he was paid to the player. The Miami coach is on the wire tap discussing the deal. He's done. UL coach is on wire tap and video having the meetings...he's done. Its important to remember just because the Miami and UL coach didn't break a federal law doesn't mean they didn't break massive NCAA laws. The NCAA is now going to work with the FBI on their own investigation. Look for Miami and UL to suspend/fire these coaches asap. Its not good for any schools listed or implemented in the report because you can bank on the NCAA getting their hands on whatever the FBI has.

Indictment states University 7 received over $10,000 from federal government. Miami, a private school, received federal funds for what? Title 9?

Advertisement
The Miami coach isn't being arrested because he didn't take the bribe. Just like the UL coach. They only arrested coaches who personally accepted money from the Adidas resp themselves. Those coaches personally got paid $ to bribe the kid, the kid was then also paid by Adidas's or in the Arizona case the coach turned around and gave some of the money he was paid to the player. The Miami coach is on the wire tap discussing the deal. He's done. UL coach is on wire tap and video having the meetings...he's done. Its important to remember just because the Miami and UL coach didn't break a federal law doesn't mean they didn't break massive NCAA laws. The NCAA is now going to work with the FBI on their own investigation. Look for Miami and UL to suspend/fire these coaches asap. Its not good for any schools listed or implemented in the report because you can bank on the NCAA getting their hands on whatever the FBI has.

Miami coach wasn't caught on the wire tap. Those implicated were talking about a Miami coach. Also, NCAA didn't know about this investigation until today. Doesn't seem that the FBI is interested at all in working with the NCAA.

An apparel company pays a school $50-100M to have players and coaches wear uniforms and clothes to advertise the company on TV networks paying the same schools even more money to perform on their channels. Billions of dollars over multiple years.

Change the rules and quit wasting time, money, and resources chasing alleged or documented payments to players.

#dotards

Advertisement
The NCAA has done more with less. We might not face the FBI but the NCAA is going to go in raw

The NCAA has no power. These defendants named in the complaint have no reason to talk to the NCAA.

You have the following (according to the complaint):

- Some defendants talking about a Miami coach blessing a payment to a 2018 Recruit.

- At this point, there is no evidence of this conversation.

- The 2018 Recruit didn't go to Miami.

- There is no evidence that the payment even took place.

The 2018 recruit is Nas Little (he is player 12 in the report). He is still unsigned, but per the report, he and his camped hatched a bidding war between Arizona and Miami. He asked for $150K to sign on the dotted line

Nas Little is the only 2018 recruit with both Miami and Arizona among his final choices.

Did he go to Miami?

No, Little is still unsigned--he is ranked in the top 10. Pretty safe

It's going to be interesting if he will now have NCAA eligibility issues

Right. He didn't go to Miami. I don't know if our school will touch him now.

Miami coach wasn't caught on the wire tap. Those implicated were talking about a Miami coach. Also, NCAA didn't know about this investigation until today. Doesn't seem that the FBI is interested at all in working with the NCAA.

Just finished reading that part on indictment. So does this mean the Miami coaches involvement is hearsay until FBI has evidence of Miami coach communicating with defendants?

Does anyone know, or does the indictment state, who, how, or why the FBI started to investigate this in the first place? Maybe the indictment stated and I overlooked?

OK lawyer people, why aren't the universities named in the indictment? Why state University 6 (loserville, allegedly) and (University 7 Miami, allegedly)?

Because they're not behind indicted or charged.

If you read paragraph 13 of the charge the universities are named as victims of the defrauding. Too involved to paraphrase why.

And?

Still not being charged or indicted with anything.

Advertisement
OK lawyer people, why aren't the universities named in the indictment? Why state University 6 (loserville, allegedly) and (University 7 Miami, allegedly)?

If you read paragraph 13 of the charge the universities are named as victims of the defrauding. Too involved to paraphrase why.

And?

Is this where the NCAA will step in and punish Miami?

And?

Just stop.

We're nowhere near even knowing the facts and you're already speculating about punishments for an investigation that hasn't even happened, and for all we know may not happen ?

Post less, you're not adding anything to the discussion

Am confused, addidas approached a Miami BBall recruit offering him money to play at Miami, without coaches knowing? If this is the case, why bring up Miami's name at all? Please correct me if I am really confused.
Since Miami is already an Adidas school. If you can't or know you can't, get it done through the coach or AD ... and you want to spread the word on your brand you go directly to the source - a player who has you listed as one of his top signing choices.

Now that is ppssible.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement

And?

Just stop.

We're nowhere near even knowing the facts and you're already speculating about punishments for an investigation that hasn't even happened, and for all we know may not happen ?

Post less, you're not adding anything to the discussion

My goodness. Am just comparing what I am reading and hearing about University 6 from people in Louisville to University 7 Miami. If you read Kentucky Sports Radio, "things" could be happening fast there, even tonight. You are entitled to your opinion. However, this is a message board so I will continue. Use your "ignore user" button to stop reading what I write. You don't have to be so d..n hateful.

Am confused, addidas approached a Miami BBall recruit offering him money to play at Miami, without coaches knowing? If this is the case, why bring up Miami's name at all? Please correct me if I am really confused.
Since Miami is already an Adidas school. If you can't or know you can't, get it done through the coach or AD ... and you want to spread the word on your brand you go directly to the source - a player who has you listed as one of his top signing choices.

Now that is ppssible.

That's where I'm confused why they would seek an assistant coach's "blessing". Once a kid has a commitable offer then why wouldn't Adidas just go seal the deal on their own rather than add more people to the illegality?

Now that is ppssible.

Thank you.

And?

EXACTLY From the Feds point of view, the schools, especially 7, did not commit a crime.

Advertisement
Back