OT: Copa América

Vinicius doesn't even make the squad? No way, he will be starting consistently for Real Madrid by 2022.

I was up to six deep on every pisition with my list, had to to make some tough cuts.

That's why I keep saying no country produces soccer players like Brazil.

My starting lineup is non negotiable bar any injuries. But for the bench there are like 50 players good enough to make it. And might make it come 2022.

Brazil is to soccer what south Florida is to American football.

Advertisement
He is unreal! I'd take him over Neymar in a heartbeat.

Neymar antics turn people away but come on, he carried Santos to copa libertadores win at 18. By 19 had won confederation cup and a bunch of other trophies.

And from day one was a starter for Barca, Vinicius, Malcolm and all this kids have potential but they arent as good as Neymar.
Neymar never played with la castilla nor la masia, he went straight to Barca first team at 19.

Were you shooting for The Most Ignorant Post of 2019 Award with this or something? Newsflash: there is a biological difference between men and women. Shocker! The USWNT are the best female soccer side on the planet, and its not even close. Yes, most men sides would beat them. Who cares? They don't play men; they play against other women. And they absolutely dominate, while our men's side is an embarrassment year in and year out. Good god this post was asinine.

Who cares if you’re the tallest midget in the room. Women suck at sports. They’re weak and slow. The gold medal winning women’s national team got clobbered by a bunch of 14 year old boys. That’s hilarious.

Advertisement
Who cares if you’re the tallest midget in the room. Women suck at sports. They’re weak and slow. The gold medal winning women’s national team got clobbered by a bunch of 14 year old boys. That’s hilarious.
smh you define the term ignorance, bud. I play pickup bball every Sunday. There is a girl who comes out every now and then. She played D1. I'd be willing to bet a cool G that she would absolutely mop the court with you. Don't even have to know your size or whether you play ball yourself to know that's a fact.

Neymar antics turn people away but come on, he carried Santos to copa libertadores win at 18. By 19 had won confederation cup and a bunch of other trophies.

And from day one was a starter for Barca, Vinicius, Malcolm and all this kids have potential but they arent as good as Neymar.
Neymar never played with la castilla nor la masia, he went straight to Barca first team at 19.
It's true I am biased by how much I dislike Neymar. He is a soccer prodigy, there is no doubt about that. But at this point in time, if I was building a team and I got to take either Neymar or Vinicius, the decision would be easy for me. Vinicius. Neymar for all of his talents, simply doesn't make the players around him better. Perhaps he did locally when he was young. But that hasn't been the case in years. I'd rather do without his natural talents on the pitch, than have to deal with him running around flopping and crying every match.

Liverpool was built around him and his style of play. He should've never left. At Liverpool he was the engine and everything went through him plus he had the freedom of movement all over the field.

At Barca he is stuck as a left winger and is all about making Messi happy. There's a reason Neymar left.
I don't get the timing. Everyone could see when he left that good things were coming with Liverpool. I guess I shouldn't be too mad, his sale bought Van Dijk and Allison

Advertisement
USWNT to be ahead at halftime -105 today at noon. Get rich, kids! They've had hot starts all tourney.

Advertisement
Was rooting for Spain after the US lost me that bet
Sorry, brotha. Thought the US would start hot, which they did. Absolute howler by the goalie and the center back there right after or we cash. Though, I give Spain credit. They came to play, and the US were not crisp on the finishing end. I lost a US 1H and a US-1.5 bet, but completed a parlay that basically washed everything. And we march on!

Advertisement
Gambling post...

I like the US-1 tonight vs Panama at 9pm. The USMNT is wildly inconsistent, so it's no homerun bet by any means. But this year's Panama team is not any good and the US showed their best form in their last match, running up a score of 6-0 vs T&T (granted, T&T blows, but are they THAT much worse than Panama?).

The vig on the US moneyline (just win the match to cash the bet) is too high for my liking at -256. BUT, one of my favorite bets in soccer is the -1 goal line on a favorite. Right now US-1 goal is only a -125 vig. Sure, if the US only wins by one goal, the bet will push instead of cashing, but pushing isn't the end of the world to me. Nothing gained, nothing lost. And you're getting only a -125 vig instead of a -256 vig and the chances of you LOSING money are the same.

So if you want some action tonight, load up on US-1!

USWNT vs France today at 3pm. Likely the de facto championship match for the women's world cup. I'm staying away betting-wise as these are two really good teams. Should be a great match!

Brazil got old and lacks a true youth movement right now. They still pretty much have everything go through Marta, who probably qualifies for $.50 coffees at McDonald's by this point in time.

Advertisement
Back