OT: Copa América

Advertisement
Let's go Brazil!

Been a fan since 02 when I first discovered soccer. All the other kids in the hood be like "turn that **** off cuz"

Then when I went to Brazil the fist time in 08 I really became a fan! That country is amazing I'm tryna retire out there dawg. Rio, Sao Paulo, Recife, Salvador, Fortaleza, and Manaus are some dope *** cities.

I know we got canes from all over the world. Especially from Latin America being that we are in Miami. If any of y'all from a country or town in Central America, South America, or the Islands let me know man!

I been to Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and DR so far.

I'm trying to find somewhere else to go visit or potentially retire. I'm 26 years old too so the nightlife action gotta be kinda fun lol. I love salsa.

Last edited:
Let's go Brazil!

Been a fan since 02 when I first discovered soccer. All the other kids in the hood be like "turn that **** off cuz"

Then when I went to Brazil the fist time in 08 I really became a fan! That country is amazing I'm tryna retire out there dawg. Rio, Sao Paulo, Recife, Salvador, Fortaleza, and Manaus are some dope *** cities.

I know we got canes from all over the world. Especially from Latin America being that we are in Miami. If any of y'all from a country or town in Central America, South America, or the Islands let me know man!

I'm trying to find somewhere else to go our potentially retire. I'm 26 years old too so the nightlife action gotta be kinda fun lol. I love salsa.
You can get all those countries here in So. Florida with nightlife second to none. I'm retired and I wouldn't live anywhere abroad... been to all those countries... no thanks, imo.

Advertisement
Let's go Brazil!

I'm trying to find somewhere else to go visit or potentially retire. I'm 26 years old too so the nightlife action gotta be kinda fun lol. I love salsa.

Ditto. Brazil made me become a Football (Soccer) fan.

Advertisement
What’s happened to Brazil in recent years? I usually root for them in this tournament.

Corruption in their federation and politics when selecting the players.
Lots of players get chosen because of the club they play for to raise their value.
Also too much stock is put on players that play in big european clubs.

Coutinho was one of the best players in the world while at Liverpool and it wasnt until he moved to Barca that he became a regular in selecao.

Oscar is a perfect example, proven and shown he is great but since he moved to China he hasn't been called back up to play for Brazil.
I could make a better team with the players left out from Brazil than the one playing.

Wouldn't you also say the world is catching up to Brazil's style of play and performance?
Nope, Brazil doesn’t play like Brazil anymore. They have abandoned Joga Bonito and are playing more like a European team than a Brazil team.

The youth clubs in Brazil also aren’t putting out strikers at the same level as before. They put out a **** ton of defenders though

Advertisement
Won some nice cash on USMNT under 5 goals in Gold Cup last night. Couldn't believe the line was that high. It was 1-0 at half. Granted, they netted 3 quickly in the 2nd to make it edgy late, but I'll take under 5 on this current US team against any opponent in the world. They are a mess.

Corruption in their federation and politics when selecting the players.
Lots of players get chosen because of the club they play for to raise their value.
Also too much stock is put on players that play in big european clubs.

Coutinho was one of the best players in the world while at Liverpool and it wasnt until he moved to Barca that he became a regular in selecao.

Oscar is a perfect example, proven and shown he is great but since he moved to China he hasn't been called back up to play for Brazil.
I could make a better team with the players left out from Brazil than the one playing.
And Coutinho has been a total flop since going to Barca.

Nope, Brazil doesn’t play like Brazil anymore. They have abandoned Joga Bonito and are playing more like a European team than a Brazil team.

The youth clubs in Brazil also aren’t putting out strikers at the same level as before. They put out a **** ton of defenders though
Which is a shame. When I watch it's almost like they should be obligated to play like Brazil used to. The Confederations Cup final against Spain a few years ago they played disgraceful football. And it was a treat to watch Germany destroy them in the World Cup semi the next year

Advertisement
Which is a shame. When I watch it's almost like they should be obligated to play like Brazil used to. The Confederations Cup final against Spain a few years ago they played disgraceful football. And it was a treat to watch Germany destroy them in the World Cup semi the next year
That team was living and dying on Neymar. He goes out, and they get destroyed by Germany. When Brazil trots out a 23 man squad, and Fred and Jo are your strikers you have a serious problem.

There is some promising young talent in Brazil at the striker position now, but we'll see how it goes.

And Coutinho has been a total flop since going to Barca.

Liverpool was built around him and his style of play. He should've never left. At Liverpool he was the engine and everything went through him plus he had the freedom of movement all over the field.

At Barca he is stuck as a left winger and is all about making Messi happy. There's a reason Neymar left.

Is all about the coaching styles, most managers in Brazil are defensive minded. It all starterd in the early 2000s when they tried to imitate European style of play, while in europe there were up and coming coaches that were innovative and offensive minded like Guardiola

But having said that no country produces more talent all over the field like Brazil including attacking talent.
Mano Menezes was the perfect manager for Brazil he had an attacking style plus was introducing a youth movement.
He was unfairly sacked for not winning gold at the London Olympics.
Which is another problem with Brazil the musical chairs with managers without guving them time to implement their system.
They always won on talent alone despite their managers but nowadays they can't do it and cant overcome negative managers like Tite.
Guardiola would have this team playing jogo bonito and scoring five a game but they will never allow a non Brazilian to manage them they are too proud.

Brazil has enough talent to make 3 competitive teams for a tournament like this. Just couldnt get the goal but they won possesion 70% to 30% which is insane.

Advertisement
Back