OT: Cavinder twins to WWE.

Don't watch Komander, El Hijo de Vikingo, or Dragon Lee (among others)...you're not going to stomach the next wave of wrestling. If you think wrestlers now are flip flop apple saucin...you're going to be disgusted with what it will become.

These guys are walking the ropes...doing cartwheels before they do a 640 senton over the top rope onto the floor through a table...and it doesn't finish the match.

Komander walking the ropes. Very cool the first few times, but even with this it lost its oomph with the audience when he kept repeating it.

Advertisement
Absolutely. Fa real started at the bottom & worked his way all the way to the top. But the best thing Rock did was parlay his career into films. John Cena took the same path.

Like some of the most iconic wrestlers in the industry at the very height of the profession never achieved, financially what The Rock did b/c he chose to use his platform to diverse his talents.

Hart’s approx Net Worth: $7m
Undertaker’s approx Net Worth: $17m
HHH approx. Net Worth: $25m
Hogan’s approx Net Worth: $30m
Austin’s approx Net Worth: $40m
Cena’s approx Net Worth: $80m
The Rock approx Net Worth: $800m

Rock is by the smartest business man of them all. Paid his dues, worked his way to the top, & as soon as he did, probably looked at a guy like Schwarzenegger who made his name known in body building community making a few millions in the industry, but became an icon & filthy rich as a movie star.
That can’t be right. HHH is loaded from marrying Stephanie.

Advertisement
Brother, Jay Z is worth **** near $2b, his wife Beyoncé is “only” worth $400m. Sometimes power couples’ have separate things going. Steph is worth is $150m, but that doesn’t mean that her money or net worth is tied w/ him. There could be prenups involved. Then again, if they got a divorce, that figure could change for the both of them.

Literally was going to post this. Saw this match & if I’m not mistaken, even Taz mentioned the repetitiveness of his act.
He did. The first few times were cool, but it was absolutely repetitive. If that's all there is, that's the definition of a one-trick pony. Fans being fans, they'll be bored of it quickly. He's got to expand his character beyond one cool move

HHH's net worth is listed at $170M, but that is probably in combination with Stephanie. Himself, he likely made over $1M per year as an active wrestler from 1999 onward. His current salary is $3.4M I believe.

Advertisement
HHH's net worth is listed at $170M, but that is probably in combination with Stephanie. Himself, he likely made over $1M per year as an active wrestler from 1999 onward. His current salary is $3.4M I believe.

Correct, & honestly it was my mistake; that $25m was based upon 2021. After Steph & HHH took over for Vince, that net worth ballooned to $170m as of 2022-23.

Speaking of Steph, didn’t she quit WWE after her father came back? And did I read correctly that Vince is looking to give up a controlling interest in WWE to the parent company of UFC, soon?

Correct, & honestly it was my mistake; that $25m was based upon 2021. After Steph & HHH took over for Vince, that net worth ballooned to $170m as of 2022-23.

Speaking of Steph, didn’t she quit WWE after her father came back? And did I read correctly that Vince is looking to give up a controlling interest in WWE to the parent company of UFC, soon?

WWE already sold to Endeavor last week to create a $20b entertainment conglomerate of UFC/WWE. Vince will serve a similar role (“executive chairman” for thee wwe side) but no longer has that controlling interest as he and his family always did.

Advertisement
Been a wrestling fan all of my life … of course not as passionate as I used to be as i have gotten older. But Vince was always one of those mad scientist, crazy *** genius, one in a billion dudes. Nearly every big risk he took, he’d always end up on the right side as if he saw everything 10 steps ahead. Hard to not have a lot of respect for the guy.

Rick. He's not Big Poppa Pump's son.

Oh, and if you're a wrestlers kid, they're even harder on you sometimes that doesn't help.
It’s definitely easier from the stand point of getting in the door and most of the wrestler kids are pretty good

Advertisement
Lol at Rell and Crib saying they can’t watch now-a-days then being caught up to speed on just about everything.

I see y’all. See ya at Dynamite in 2 weeks.
Podcasts . After hearing about the Moxley stuff I went back and watched it. I haven’t viewed an actual full tv show in a decade. I listen to the Konnan ( keeping it 100 pod) which is great for sports and other talk. But they review shows too and talk about wrestling when they were active. I occasionally listen to Jim Cornette.

Lol at Rell and Crib saying they can’t watch now-a-days then being caught up to speed on just about everything.

I see y’all. See ya at Dynamite in 2 weeks.

Fr; I got off WWE a minute ago. Once Vince monopolized the industry & WWE got away from The Attitude Era & created goofy storylines, I faded away. AEW was solid, initially, but man storylines was all over the place, then the shows wouldn’t be smooth from a simulcast & production stand point. Crazy blunders, especially when The House of Black came on the scene…timing of the lights being off were cringe.

When Cody Rhodes started being boo’d out of the arena & refused to turn heel b/c he saw himself as a face, I faded from AEW, too. Moxley was soooooo annoying to me, & the bleed scene was too obvious. I have alerts on my phone, but bro, Wrestling fan Rell in the 80’s - early 2000’s vs. now is not remotely the same. I watch the WWE bios, but that’s about it. Haven’t been to a live show since 2005, & haven’t tuned in to any of the programs since late 2021, early 2022.

Edit: Although I can always make room for Jade Cargill. @djnellz

Yes Vince will be out of the picture when all the financial dust settles... No way Endeavor is paying what they're paying to keep Vince around...
It's not the same as what they have with Dana and UFC...
Within the next 2 years (Maybe sooner) Vince will be out... Look for Nick Kahn to assume full control from a WWE perspective...
Sadly I expect HHH to be gone as well.... I believe he'll do like his wife did and leave on his own terms rather soon...

Advertisement
Back