OT: Cavinder twins to WWE.

Advertisement
Absolutely. Fa real started at the bottom & worked his way all the way to the top. But the best thing Rock did was parlay his career into films. John Cena took the same path.

Like some of the most iconic wrestlers in the industry at the very height of the profession never achieved, financially what The Rock did b/c he chose to use his platform to diverse his talents.

Hart’s approx Net Worth: $7m
Undertaker’s approx Net Worth: $17m
HHH approx. Net Worth: $25m
Hogan’s approx Net Worth: $30m
Austin’s approx Net Worth: $40m
Cena’s approx Net Worth: $80m
The Rock approx Net Worth: $800m

Rock is by the smartest business man of them all. Paid his dues, worked his way to the top, & as soon as he did, probably looked at a guy like Schwarzenegger who made his name known in body building making a few millions in the industry, but became an icon & filthy rich as a movie star.

I would also point out that being married to Dany helped Dwayne out ENORMOUSLY as far as making deals and investing his money. Two UM grads are better than one!

And Hogan...he had a LOT of personal-life issues that whittled that number down considerably. He "should be" at the #2 position on that list.

I would also point out that being married to Dany helped Dwayne out ENORMOUSLY as far as making deals and investing his money. Two UM grads are better than one!

And Hogan...he had a LOT of personal-life issues that whittled that number down considerably. He "should be" at the #2 position on that list.

Both he & Flair. Was going to mention Dany, but since she’s now married to The Rock’s trainer I said, imma leave her out of it. lol

You clearly don't watch much modern wrestling. It's a dance recital now.
It’s all choreographed spots , diving out of the ring while ten guys catch them, knee slapping on 100 super kicks , devastating moves then kicking out on one , zero storyline or psychology. It’s basically dance fighting now and looks ridiculous lol. It’s so fake looking I can’t even try to watch it . At one time the art was to make it look as much like a real fight as you could. Now it’s like watching a movie and you can see the cable swinging Superman around while he flies lmao. That’s why I hate the “ you watch movies don’t you and it’s fake “ excuse.

I’ll get off my soap box now.

Both he & Flair. Was going to mention Dany, but since she’s now married to The Rock’s trainer I said, imma leave her out of it. lol

It's all good, Dwayne and Dany have maintained a pretty solid post-marital relationship. Both benefit. Still working together on the XFL and Seven Bucks.

Advertisement
It’s all choreographed spots , diving out of the ring while ten guys catch them, knee slapping on 100 super kicks , devastating moves then kicking out on one , zero storyline or psychology. It’s basically dance fighting now and looks ridiculous lol. It’s so fake looking I can’t even try to watch it . At one time the art was to make it look as much like a real fight as you could. Now it’s like watching a movie and you can see the cable swinging Superman around while he flies lmao. That’s why I hate the “ you watch movies don’t you and it’s fake “ excuse.

Bro, u literally see them move in to position! Lol. Dudes will literally be on their backs & squirm to a certain spot so a maneuver can be done. Lol. My cousin went to Wrestlemania; even though it’s always been my childhood dream to attend, and now here it was w/in walking distance of my home, I couldn’t bring myself to go b/c it’s not remotely the same. I’ve been to hella live events in the 90’s - early 2000’s, both WWF (before the E) & WCW. The game is f’d up now. When a YouTuber can now be a headliner….nvm, imma get off the soap box w/ u.

Last edited:
It's all good, Dwayne and Dany have maintained a pretty solid post-marital relationship. Both benefit. Still working together on the XFL and Seven Bucks.
Dwayne is a better man than me. Lol. But hey, if the $$$ is still rolling in, then all is forgiven, right?

Bro, u literally see them move in to position! Lol. Dudes will literally be on their backs & squirm to a certain spot so a maneuver can be done. Lol. My cousin went to Wrestlemania; even though it’s always been my childhood dream to attend, and now here it is w/in walking distance of my home, I couldn’t bring myself to go b/c it’s not remotely the same. I’ve been to hella live events in the 90’s - early 2000’s, both WWF (before the E) & WCW. The game is f’d up now. When a YouTuber can now be a headliner….nvm, imma get off the soap box w/ u.
You have Jon Moxley , I mean Steve Austin cosplay edition bleeding everywhere every match , then blading his forehead while the MAIN CAMERA IS ON HIS FACE!! Back in the day blading was only for the end of a trilogy or hated rivalry. Normally in a cage , now AEW has guys blading every week , then after Mosley blades and bleeds everywhere you have an iron man match next where they bleed lol. Which was a huge no no in old wrestling. You wanted the blood to mean something , that’s how viscous this rivalry was and how heated it had gotten.

You're not wrong though.

When I was growing up I caught a bit of WWF pre-expansion (Andre the Giant was otherwordly huge in person, especially to a 6 year old) and Georgia Championship wrestling on TBS, then shortly after that WCW started expanding north so in the DC area we could go to WWF and WCW shows back then. Back then the thing was to at least try to make it look at least somewhat believable without hurting each other too bad...now it's some guys **** near killing each other doing **** everyone knows is fake anyway and too much obvious cooperation. Back then guys worked a lot more matches per year so had more "practice" at trying to make it look good too. As Dusty Rhodes said...kid, don't do **** you don't know how to do. I still keep up with it as far as reading show reviews and seeing who's doing what but it's been years since I made it through a full TV show, or even tried really.

Advertisement
You're not wrong though.

When I was growing up I caught a bit of WWF pre-expansion (Andre the Giant was otherwordly huge in person, especially to a 6 year old) and Georgia Championship wrestling on TBS, then shortly after that WCW started expanding north so in the DC area we could go to WWF and WCW shows back then. Back then the thing was to at least try to make it look at least somewhat believable without hurting each other too bad...now it's some guys **** near killing each other doing **** everyone knows is fake anyway and too much obvious cooperation. Back then guys worked a lot more matches per year so had more "practice" at trying to make it look good too. As Dusty Rhodes said...kid, don't do **** you don't know how to do. I still keep up with it as far as reading show reviews and seeing who's doing what but it's been years since I made it through a full TV show, or even tried really.
Vince killing the territories hurt the business and the product. Guys traveled from city to city perfecting their craft. 300 + days a year. By the time you’d paid your dues and got to the big time you were a seasoned worker.

Advertisement
We are one scandal away from the *** tape
d generation x wrestling GIF by WWE

Advertisement
You have Jon Moxley , I mean Steve Austin cosplay edition bleeding everywhere every match , then blading his forehead while the MAIN CAMERA IS ON HIS FACE!! Back in the day blading was only for the end of a trilogy or hated rivalry. Normally in a cage , now AEW has guys blading every week , then after Mosley blades and bleeds everywhere you have an iron man match next where they bleed lol. Which was a huge no no in old wrestling. You wanted the blood to mean something , that’s how viscous this rivalry was and how heated it had gotten.

U get to bleed, u get to bleed, EVVVVVVVVVERYONE gets to bleed.

It’s stupid & artificial af! Got dammit I’m angry now. Lol

Bro, u literally see them move in to position! Lol. Dudes will literally be on their backs & squirm to a certain spot so a maneuver can be done. Lol. My cousin went to Wrestlemania; even though it’s always been my childhood dream to attend, and now here it is w/in walking distance of my home, I couldn’t bring myself to go b/c it’s not remotely the same. I’ve been to hella live events in the 90’s - early 2000’s, both WWF (before the E) & WCW. The game is f’d up now. When a YouTuber can now be a headliner….nvm, imma get off the soap box w/ u.

Don't watch Komander, El Hijo de Vikingo, or Dragon Lee (among others)...you're not going to stomach the next wave of wrestling. If you think wrestlers now are flip flop apple saucin...you're going to be disgusted with what it will become.

These guys are walking the ropes...doing cartwheels before they do a 640 senton over the top rope onto the floor through a table...and it doesn't finish the match.

Advertisement
Back