NFL OT - Carolina Panthers trade for the #1 overall pick

Advertisement
If Young is a legit 6’1 he’s the number one pick by a mile. Some of the throws I’ve seen him make are jaw dropping. His accuracy and ball placement is next level. He’s just short and light, he looks even smaller in person.

There’s some scuttlebutt that the Falc🤡ns might take A.R. 15. God, what a joke.

The best fit for AR is in
- Houston, behind Davis Mills (although I don’t think they’ll draft him)
- Seattle, behind Geno Smith
- Washington, with Eric Bieniemy
- Tampa, with Dave Canales

Stroud likely gets drafted to Carolina
Bryce Young goes to Houston at #2, or the Colts at #4
Will Levis gets picked by either the Raiders or the Falcons, (it remains to be seen how much they believe in Ridder)

I agree - i think Stroud goes #1.

I think Young goes to Houston and then AR goes to the Colts. Steichen just built his offense around Hurts and will say he can build that same offense around AR.

Advertisement
Moore won’t do much because Fields is what he is - a below average qB and probably not their QB of the future.

And no way panthers pick stroud. Maybe they really love a guy like Anderson…i dunno
I think everyone said the said thing about Jalen Hurts....then they surrounded him with elite offensive talent and last year happened...

And believe me...AS A COWBOYS FAN...I HATE THE EAGLES...but Hurts is going to be a frickin problem for YEARS to come.

DJ Moore is no AJ Brown but Bears are sitting pretty on the offensive side of the football right now. No question about that.

Advertisement
Taking a guy that can't play for 2 or 3 years may be the right move with 0 weapons. I couldn't imagine an already 50% passer getting better in this situation. Stroud seems like a fit for Reich system.
As you know, Reich is obviously a QB guy (playing career, Eagles OC, Colts HC) so this is to get a QB. Gets him the guy that he wants to develop.

My pick would be Stroud hands down out of all of the QBs.

Like @Memnon said, it just can’t be AR or Levis. Those guys would be available at the #9 pick or they could’ve traded down a few spots to acquire more picks and still get 1 of those guys if that who’s they were targeting.

68bd8ac_1674494555584-230114-ncs-cm-stranded-gutted-dolphin-grand-crohot-beach-image1x-square-2.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
The DJ Moore piece is huge for Chicago. Their top priority is getting Fields to the next level. Look at what Diggs did for Allen. Moore isn’t quite Diggs but he is a proven veteran at 25.
And it's making the Steeler trade of Claypool for the 32nd pick in the draft look better and better as Claypool falls lower on the priority list.

so the panthers fire rhule's dumb ***, bring on reich and ejiro to lead the team, retain their entire defense, and they are going to be WORSE next year after drafting a QB first overall than they were with baker mayfield and sam darnold?

nah man, you don't understand football
Watch… I think that offense will be nonexistent and it will break the defense.

Advertisement
Back