NFL OT - Carolina Panthers trade for the #1 overall pick

Kid's football IQ is through the roof. We all hated Manny, but he threw the **** kitchen sink at him in that opener against Bama. Now the Bama coaching staff did a great job preparing that team against us but as a RS Freshman, we threw every type of pressure at him, and he calmly always found the right read every single time.
When you blow Saban away with your football smarts you’ve done something. Most kids have barely watched the weekends replay by Monday‘s but young had already done that and had a breakdown for the next opponent. Removing and adding from the coaches game plan. People are sleeping on this aspect.

Advertisement
No-one is questioning his IQ or his College career - but how many NFL players did we have on that defence?
We didn’t but watching him make the right read every single time with no panic in his first start was impressive in so far it our first time seeing him play and it was against our team so every play was watched with detail. I’ve seen us play against some good QB in our time and this kid was box cutter sharp out there.

Sure you can, and they still do. They just get penalized for it, now. A Yellow flag isn't a miracle cure for a concussion or AC joint injury. Young would be off my board with the first 10 picks, there are just too maybe other elite options in that range I trust more. I can't get past the size enough to use a top 1200+ point pick on him. I just can't.
They rarely happen because of that little flag. Not sure what NFL you’re watching but the collisions with qb’s are nothing now. **** I’ve seen a bunch of defensive players miss sacks , let the qb go and the qb get away. All because of that yellow flag. They’re scared to even tackle the qb’s. This is the least violent time for a qb and people are freaking out over and inch or two lol. It’s comical. He’s not a Murray , he wins from the pocket most plays. His size makes me a tad uneasy but he’s the much better passer than most of these qb’s and easily the smartest.

Anyone that stands next to B Young cant get over how tiny he is, height and weight. That said I’d take a chance on him because the guy can put that ball in places moat qb’s can’t. His accuracy is top shelf. Gun to head I take Stroud and that’s because of athletic ability and size. But Young throws the best ball.
I think its the opposite, stroud accuracy and ball placement is best in the class but he doesn’t use his legs like he did in the uga game, not really a great athlete but bryce athletically, poise and just pure dawg along with great accuracy and anticipation is why i think he’s qb1. But i agree id take stroud cause of the size translating

Last edited:
I think its the opposite, stroud accuracy ball placement is best in the class imo but bryce athletically, poise and just pure dawg along great accuracy and anticipation is why i think he’s qb1. But i agree id take stroud cause of the size translating
Some of the throws young made in tight windows couldn’t have been walked over and handed to the wr any better. While having arguably their worst wr core of the last decade. The throw against KSU in the corner of the end zone from 50-60 yards away was mind boggling. I’m a big fan of his ball placement

Advertisement
They rarely happen because of that little flag. Not sure what NFL you’re watching but the collisions with qb’s are nothing now. **** I’ve seen a bunch of defensive players miss sacks , let the qb go and the qb get away. All because of that yellow flag. They’re scared to even tackle the qb’s. This is the least violent time for a qb and people are freaking out over and inch or two lol. It’s comical. He’s not a Murray , he wins from the pocket most plays. His size makes me a tad uneasy but he’s the much better passer than most of these qb’s and easily the smartest.

The high impact hits are definitely diminished, you're right, but QB's still get hurt, this guy is REALLY a shrimp, and it just takes one good hit. ****, it doesn't even have to be dirty, there is just an incredible size and power difference between him and the monsters who are coming for him. Much more than normal. And he doesn't have to frame to get a lot stronger. It's just the math of it for me. 17 games, playoffs, yikes. And the height is certainly an issue too. Doesn’t disqualify him but it affects the value.

I really only like one QB in the top 10. The other guys I don't think are sure-fire enough. Give me the top 10 DL's and CB's with my pick and we will find a QB we like more somewhere else. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Some of the throws young made in tight windows couldn’t have been walked over and handed to the wr any better. While having arguably their worst wr core of the last decade. The throw against KSU in the corner of the end zone from 50-60 yards away was mind boggling. I’m a big fan of his ball placement
Both Stroud and Young are what I call the 7v7 QBs. They are like video game players, making crazy throws. It’s an evolution that started with Rodgers in a way. I know we love to talk about how football is 11v11 with pads and that is still true but I see it as slowly transitioning over. What these guys lack in prototype size and toughness they make up with ball placement, anticipation and release.

Both Stroud and Young are what I call the 7v7 QBs. They are like video game players, making crazy throws. It’s an evolution that started with Rodgers in a way. I know we love to talk about how football is 11v11 with pads and that is still true but I see it as slowly transitioning over. What these guys lack in prototype size and toughness they make up with ball placement, anticipation and release.
Playing in camps and being coached as young as 8-9 years old is another aspect. Back in the day you played every sport now it’s 247 quarterbacking for a good amount of these kids.

Advertisement
If Bryce Young were 6’4” he’d be a better prospect than Lawrence or Burrow were. Does him being short make it so you wouldn’t draft him? Imo no. I’d be more than happy playing with him on his rookie deal, and think he is easily worth that pick. He is the least likely QB to bust in this draft.

If Bryce Young were 6’4” he’d be a better prospect than Lawrence or Burrow were. Does him being short make it so you wouldn’t draft him? Imo no. I’d be more than happy playing with him on his rookie deal, and think he is easily worth that pick. He is the least likely QB to bust in this draft.
I'd have happily rolled the dice on him at #9 and go again next year if he busts.

As it is whoever we pick has to be THE guy or we're ****ed. I'm not convinced the guy is going to be a 5'10", 180lb bloke.

Because drafting a QB doesn't need to be a 10+ year decision. Even if we say Young won't hold up due to his size, lets be realistic - he'll probably be fine for at least 5-8 years before anything really starts failing. And 5 years is what you really should be drafting based on - the length of his rookie deal. IN that time you can completely turn a franchise around and make a run for the SB while paying him peanuts.

I'd say Stroud can be like a Jared Goff / Matt Ryan ... but after seeing the Georgia Game maybe he has the ability to work way better than either of those two off schedule and be a play maker.... But should we really value 1 game that much? idk.
Young imo can definitely be a way more disciplined/better leader/face of franchise Kyler Murray.
Will Levis is like a Cutler/Zach Wilson/Drew Lock...
Anthony Richardson is obviously like Cam/Lamar...
You compared Richardson to two Heisman winners and guys who were legends in college. Richardson is closer to Tarvaris Jackson and Malik Willis than he is to Jackson and Cam. He has dog**** accuracy, was pedestrian in his only year as a starter, and history isn't too kind to Qbs who were one-year starters who went to the NFL. You need way more than athleticism to be successful at QB the league

You compared Richardson to two Heisman winners and guys who were legends in college. Richardson is closer to Tarvaris Jackson and Malik Willis than he is to Jackson and Cam. He has dog**** accuracy, was pedestrian in his only year as a starter, and history isn't too kind to Qbs who were one-year starters who went to the NFL. You need way more than athleticism to be successful at QB the league
Think he meant black because that's the only thing those 3 have in common. Then again I've seen his other posts.

Advertisement
Actually for guys as athletic as Richardson you generally don’t need more to be decently successful - as long as you are in a scheme that plays to your strengths.

That’s why I’ve been saying a team like the Falcons would legit be a good match for Richardson. Now would I think Panthers or Texans would be smart to go for a Richardson? **** no.

In no way am I actually saying I think Richardson will be great. I am saying I’d rather take the shot on him than Levis. And ultimately imo his insane athleticism does actually make his floor decently high.

Advertisement
Actually for guys as athletic as Richardson you generally don’t need more to be decently successful - as long as you are in a scheme that plays to your strengths.

That’s why I’ve been saying a team like the Falcons would legit be a good match for Richardson. Now would I think Panthers or Texans would be smart to go for a Richardson? **** no.

In no way am I actually saying I think Richardson will be great. I am saying I’d rather take the shot on him than Levis. And ultimately imo his insane athleticism does actually make his floor decently high.
You caped for David Montgomery I have nothing more to discuss with you. He's closer to Matt Jones than either of those 2.

Last edited:

Yea the room for error is bigger when u can just be the best athlete on the field. I think he’ll develop into a star but it depends if a team is willing to take on the task. He’s not as raw as some think, he actually has alot of bright moments on tape from the pocket

I can’t wait to see which GM reaches on Richardson. I hope their resume is up to date.
I know who I’m hoping it will be.

2890A5BB-4316-4BFD-B041-CBBCB177F508.png

Advertisement
Back