NFL OT - Carolina Panthers trade for the #1 overall pick

Advertisement
@cway313 I've only been joking around. I haven’t followed the NFL in years. Is this actually a real possibility? CBS’ latest mock draft…

3715AD5A-872F-46AC-96BA-9874F7CF447E.jpeg

Advertisement
@calinative umstudent what are you disagreeing with??? I don’t think I said anything in that one line that even you could argue on your hill over unless you’re a Lions fan and/or knew that’s who I was talking about and you wish him on someone else.
I've been rooting for the Lions the last year and they my 1B team to the Raider now. Definitely don't want Richardson lol

And I really like how the Lions have built their team. They NEED Jalen Carter (IF he checks out off field). And then a CB...

I've been rooting for the Lions the last year and they my 1B team to the Raider now. Definitely don't want Richardson lol

And I really like how the Lions have built their team. They NEED Jalen Carter (IF he checks out off field). And then a CB...
Ok. Lol. I actually don’t wish that on the lions as they’ve been bad enough for years.

Advertisement
Who did u want?
Well I wouldn't have been there in the first place - we traded 5 premium players away for the #1 overall pick in a Draft without a generational talent (at least out of the box).

Gun to my head though, Anthony Richardson.

Young will be a knock-off Drew Brees, if he survives the pounding the NFL is going to hand out.

Well I wouldn't have been there in the first place - we traded 5 premium players away for the #1 overall pick in a Draft without a generational talent (at least out of the box).

Young will be a knock-off Drew Brees, if he survives the pounding the NFL is going to hand out.
Yea i get u, I think they wanted to get their own qb right now and traded up so they can choose whoever they wanted and not hope their guy fell to them.

Was surprised to see them trade their best weapon but we’ll see

Y’all drafted the “ best qb” and it’s by a mile. Dude has accuracy , goes through progressions quickly , great leader that’s highly respected , great pocket presence, good enough athlete that has a very low floor. His height and injuries are the only negative but in 2023 that’s not nearly the same as playing 20 years ago. It’s a glorified 7 v 7 with violent collisions in the pocket being VERY rare. As for the height and throwing over an Ol? You do know he’s played behind an Bama OL for three years right ? Lol. He’ll be fine. It’s the safest pick you could’ve made unless it was Carter or W Anderson.

With all that said…..y’all gave up too much for that pick lol.

Last edited:
Y’all drafted the “ best qb” and it’s by a mile. Dude has accuracy , goes through professions quickly , great leader that’s highly respected , great pocket presence, good enough athlete that has a very low floor. His height and injuries are the only negative but in 2023 that’s not nearly the same as playing 20 years ago. It’s a glorified 7 v 7 with violent collisions in the pocket being VERY rare. As for the height and throwing over an Ol? You do know he’s played behind an Bama OL for three years right ? Lol. He’ll be fine. It’s the safest pick you could’ve made unless it was Carter or W Anderson.

With all that said…..y’all gave up too much for that pick lol.
Agree to disagree.

His height and weight are a massive concern. So is his mediocre arm. His best bet is to be a Poundland Brees - you have to throw out a good portion of the playbook 'cos he simply can't make those throws.

Young and Brees (both 2 inches taller) are on record as saying they couldn't see over the OLine and were essentially throwing blind - why put yourself in that position at QB with the #1 overall pick?

Advertisement
Agree to disagree.

His height and weight are a massive concern. So is his mediocre arm. His best bet is to be a Poundland Brees - you have to throw out a good portion of the playbook 'cos he simply can't make those throws.

Young and Brees (both 2 inches taller) are on record as saying they couldn't see over the OLine and were essentially throwing blind - why put yourself in that position at QB with the #1 overall pick?
He doesn’t have a weak arm by any means. He has an above average / good arm and can make anf throw you want. He also has what most qb’s lack and thats an elastic arm. He can make throws from any position you want while keeping acceleration. That’s a gift. He’s made some throws the last couple years Tgat left my jaw on the ground. The one against K State in the bowl was a thing of beauty . A fifty yard strike into the corner of the end zone that couldn’t have been walked over and handed to the wr any better.

He doesn’t have a weak arm by any means. He had an above average arm and can make anf throw you want. He also has what most qb’s lack and thats an elastic arm. He can make throws from any position you want while keeping acceleration. That’s a gift. He’s made some throws the last couple years Tgat left my jaw on the ground. The one against K State in the bowl was a thing of beauty . A fifty yard strike into the corner of the end zone that couldn’t have been walked over and handed to the wr any better.
It's mediocre - he can make most throws, but NFL teams are going to ask him to sit in the pocket and make those power throws.

His blueprint for success in the NFL is Brees - and that's ok, but there's zero margin for error.

It's mediocre - he can make most throws, but NFL teams are going to ask him to sit in the pocket and make those power throws.

His blueprint for success in the NFL is Brees - and that's ok, but there's zero margin for error.
He can drive the ball a lot better than Brees and is a far better athlete. I don’t think any of these guys are great but he’s by far the closest thing to a dude than the rest. The safest pick. Me personally I’d taken Carter or Anderson if I have a top five pick. They’re the best players.

Advertisement
He can drive the ball a lot better than Brees and is a far better athlete. I don’t think any of these guys are great but he’s by far the closest thing to a dude than the rest. The safest pick. Me personally I’d taken Carter or Anderson if I have a top five pick. They’re the best players.
Eagles cleaned up

i wasnt sure that either would be there at 9. couldn't have drawn it up better.
I was turning on Howie over a year ago after some bad drafts but he’s making me eat my words the last couple drafts.

Advertisement
Back