OT, but Romo should be an OC...or a DC...

I do it EVERY GAME. I COACH FOOTBALL...AND PLAYED COLLEGE FOOTBALL....IT'S NOT THAT HARD. ITS EVEN EASIER...WHEN YOU HAVE A WEEK TO ACTUALLY SPEAK TO THE COACHES OR WALK THROUGH THEIR PRACTICES TO SEE THEIR GAME PLAN

@Coach Macho They think its GENIUS picking out plays and formations lol.

How much of yall really associate with people that know football, im not talking Madden guys or get back coaches?

He's a bright guy...but people get really carried away like dude just invented football or something. It aint that deep..Lil Richt could predict that sh*t lmao

Just when you can't make yourself sound any dumber you somehow rise to the occasion. Congrats?

Advertisement
not to drop a bomb on it..but any knowledgable guy that played college ball can do what he does (diagnose plays based off of formation). I literally do the same thing every game of our or when i watch the dolphins. Its just that people are use to the normal broadcast guys that dont really know football as well.

Its heightened because he played qb. He's lowkey annoying in the booth...and saying what someone should do..quarterback wise during games is even more ironic when its coming from him.

Witten is terrible, Romo is a bit better than him. He may be a GAWWW compared to Phil Simms and Collingsworth...but i like Tirico, the Jones guy espn has...and Orlovsky is a gawwwwd.

Also the guy fox has that does ice cube 3 on 3 and calls pac 10 games is a BEAST. Romo is great for the casual fan that may not understand the basic stuff and he does a good job in explaining that in a way play by play. I give him that.

I'm sure there are others who see it for sure. What makes Romo great is that he's new to this and he's calling games better than guys who have done it for years. Also, color analysts are usually former players but no one else is doing what Romo is doing. It's not just the fact that he's calling the play before it happens but the way it explains it for even the casual football plan can understand. Dude literally pointed out a formation that the Pats hadn't used in a decade. That's pretty impressive if you aks me. To do that you have to do some major film work. The guy obviously does his homework and still studys film regularly, he's prepared and doesn't just show up with the same tired and cliche **** most color guys spew.

I do it EVERY GAME. I COACH FOOTBALL...AND PLAYED COLLEGE FOOTBALL....IT'S NOT THAT HARD. ITS EVEN EASIER...WHEN YOU HAVE A WEEK TO ACTUALLY SPEAK TO THE COACHES OR WALK THROUGH THEIR PRACTICES TO SEE THEIR GAME PLAN

@Coach Macho They think its GENIUS picking out plays and formations lol.

How much of yall really associate with people that know football, im not talking Madden guys or get back coaches?

He's a bright guy...but people get really carried away like dude just invented football or something. It aint that deep..Lil Richt could predict that sh*t lmao

Lmao!

Advertisement
No way he is better than Orlovsky...no way.

Orlovsky is the Gawww

Orlovsky is nothing. He goes into games with predetermined themes and no ability to adjust if those themes don't pan out. It sounds identical to Mike Mayock making a fool of himself on Notre Dame telecasts, forever trying to force the tape guy angle while completely oblivious to the big picture. Mayock was properly demoted to the sideline in favor of Doug Flutie, who isn't much but at least he understands that he's not covering the Senior Bowl every week.

Viewers don't care about Senior Bowl snobbery. Mayock didn't understand that and Orlovsky needs to figure it out. Insider terminology and player isolation mean squat compared to general themes that match what is happening on the field while presented with enthusiasm and just enough foresight. Romo is the best combination to come along in decades.

Miami fans wouldn't give a flip about Orlovsky if he hadn't pushed for spread concepts for the Canes offense. It made the SAMs happy. Orlovsky could go 0-100 on every other team and they wouldn't notice or care.

In the Patriots-Chiefs game, Romo was accurately predicting formations, plays, tendencies, who the ball would be thrown to, how deep, etc.

Either this guy should be an OC, or quite possibly a DC.

Uncanny. Guy is a true student of the game.
He will make more money in the media than oc or dc.

Advertisement
Back