OT: Billy Corben on The Joe Rogan podcast

Advertisement
Every city in the country is filled swindlers, shysters, and unscrupulous types. The city is not defined by them. I guess if you hang out with those types like Billy does, then you'd have a warped sense of what Miami is.

While this is an absolute truth unfortunately. Miami has its own special sauce that's xtra saucey.

There are good people in South Florida, no question, but the most vibrant & trend setting group in South Florida are the copious douche bags found in there. They maybe few, but they are still prevalent & set a savage standard which many ( not all ) fall in line with no questions.

For those of you dug in on left vs right. You’re following a very slippery slope.
Not willing to hear any views from the other side is a recipe for disaster. Automatically labeling someone because of a view and then refusing to listen to anything else they have to say has happened many times throughout history and never ended well.
We live in this facade that this country has such a stable foundation and then double down that this foundation is strictly laid on either a left or a right slab of bedeock.
Those that have served overseas have seen first hand how fragile democracy is and how stubbornness and misguided nationalism can turn a country into lawlessness.
I was born in Colombia and this Corben guy slightly touched on a subject in his interview.
Colombia was plagued by one of the most violent and deadly civil wars that ever occured in the 20th century and its barely talked about. It was called “la epoca de la violencia” it was 30 years of war. Hundreds of thousands dead and millions displaced trying to flea.
The whole thing was over right vs left politics and policies. Just like in life the dumbest thing to do is to say that will never happen to me.
The type of vitriolic rhetoric that is so prevalent now a days has historically never ended well.

I generally hate the OT threads with a political bend on CIS, but you fellas have stood out in this one. Today I feel incrementally better about the possibility of those on the left and the right actually listening to each other and moving forward. Kudos! 🍺🍺🍺 Or maybe you're all just high as **** right now and the thread will devolve shortly.

Advertisement
Where do you get your stuff from? Do you understand anything about American history or politics? #1: Your claim is objectively false and is debunked in literally the first link in a Google search of "KKK and the Democratic Party." So starting off with a easily debunked lie isn't a great way to win an argument. Many KKK members joined the Democratic Party, but the party did not create the KKK.

2nd, Do you seriously think the southern Democrats in the 1800s who were members of the KKK were left wing liberals that would hang out with Nancy Pelosi? The Democratic Party was long associated with Jim Crow laws and racism. Read a history book. Southerners who were unhappy with the result of the civil war and freeing of slaves chose the political party that Lincoln did NOT belong to. Guess which one that was? The parties basically flipped around the civil rights act of 1964, as opportunist Republicans saw an opportunity for a powerful wedge issue (it worked). I've heard some dumb arguments in my life, but claiming the KKK was a left wing liberal group because many members were southern Democrats (aka Dixiecrats) is perhaps the dumbest one of all.
Drops Mic....Walks off stage whistling "I wish I was in Dixie"...

Where do you get your stuff from? Do you understand anything about American history or politics? #1: Your claim is objectively false and is debunked in literally the first link in a Google search of "KKK and the Democratic Party." So starting off with a easily debunked lie isn't a great way to win an argument. Many KKK members joined the Democratic Party, but the party did not create the KKK.

2nd, Do you seriously think the southern Democrats in the 1800s who were members of the KKK were left wing liberals that would hang out with Nancy Pelosi? The Democratic Party was long associated with Jim Crow laws and racism. Read a history book. Southerners who were unhappy with the result of the civil war and freeing of slaves chose the political party that Lincoln did NOT belong to. Guess which one that was? The parties basically flipped around the civil rights act of 1964, as opportunist Republicans saw an opportunity for a powerful wedge issue (it worked). I've heard some dumb arguments in my life, but claiming the KKK was a left wing liberal group because many members were southern Democrats (aka Dixiecrats) is perhaps the dumbest one of all.

First off, LMAO @ referencing politifact as a rebuttal. What's next, you gonna link me to the SPLC or Vox for another "fact" check? GTFOH

Leftist propaganda is what you're spewing, Lincoln was a republican, the first black senator was also a republican. Dems tried to block multiple civil rights legislation, repubs pass it in 64' along with desegregation and Jim Crow laws and then they all switched parties?!?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, your **** right the racist dems of the 19th century would love someone like Pelosi. Why? Because both are authoritarians who love absolute power over the people and hate individual, god-given rights such as the right to defend yourself (2A). Take a guess at what party wanted blacks to not own arms back then and now.

Hint: They're the same **** party.

You want facts and not propaganda? Please give this short video a watch, hopefully you can free yourself from the leftist plantation you're currently stuck on. But with that cool avatar of yours I'm gonna guess your mind is too WOKE to bother.

Last edited:
Advertisement
First off, LMAO @ referencing politifact as a rebuttal. What's next, you gonna link me to the SPLC or Vox for another "fact" check? GTFOH
Right...because your video you posted from Prager U is legit because you probably think it's an "actual university"... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

"Your sources are all just BS propaganda from one extremist POV, so let me post something that's from MY extremist POV because they're facts (I think)"...yeah, that logic works. LMFAO

I think you can leave the thread now.

https://www.motherjones.com/politic...als-conservative-prageru-video-dennis-prager/

Last edited:
Politicians want brand loyalty for their party. They do that through fear, envy, and empty promises.

Media want viewers/readers. They do that through giving people what they want to see, usually that confirms their biases rather than challenge them with facts.

If you think your party has all the answers and the other one is horrible, you're the problem.

Advertisement

Leftist propaganda is what you're spewing, Lincoln was a republican, the first black senator was also a republican. Dems tried to block multiple civil rights legislation, repubs pass it in 64' along with desegregation and Jim Crow laws and then they all switched parties?!?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, your **** right the racist dems of the 19th century would love someone like Pelosi. Why? Because both are authoritarians who love absolute power over the people and hate individual, god-given rights such as the right to defend yourself (2A). Take a guess at what party wanted blacks to not own arms back then and now.

Hint: They're the same **** party.

You want facts and not propaganda? Please give this short video a watch, hopefully you can free yourself from the leftist plantation you're currently stuck on. But with that cool avatar of yours I'm gonna guess your mind is too WOKE to bother.

LOL @ the irony of calling out someone for posting something from politifact and subsequently posting a vid from PragerU as though it's truth and not right-wing propaganda.

God****, people are dumb.

Politics is so dumb. I am right of center, but listening to the vitriol spewed by both sides makes me laugh, and then cry. People are so willing to believe the absolute worst about those who disagree with them, its sad, and ultimately dangerous.

LOL @ the irony of calling out someone for posting something from politifact and subsequently posting a vid from PragerU as though it's truth and not right-wing propaganda.

God****, people are dumb.
Dammit man you're right! That would be like posting something from motherjones as a rebuttal.

Advertisement
Right...because your video you posted from Prager U is legit because you probably think it's an "actual university"... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

"Your sources are all just BS propaganda from one extremist POV, so let me post something that's from MY extremist POV because they're facts (I think)"...yeah, that logic works. LMFAO

I think you can leave the thread now.

https://www.motherjones.com/politic...als-conservative-prageru-video-dennis-prager/

Come on, Motherjones?!? Is CNN next?

I can cite more sources on why the "Southern Strategy" is a myth if you like as there is plenty out there.

In the meantime, please refute what was said in the video and please cite actual examples of all the racist "dixiecrats" crossing party lines, I'll wait.

It's a leftest myth meant to deceive you into thinking they aren't the racists, but like i said earlier, stay on the plantation if you want to.

Come on, Motherjones?!? Is CNN next?
Since you asked nicely, sure thing! Here you go: https://money.cnn.com/2017/11/10/te...silicon-valley-fault-lines-exposed/index.html

I can cite more sources on why the "Southern Strategy" is a myth if you like as there is plenty out there.
It's your time - post it if you want. I don't have to watch it. Especially since it's probably something Dinesh D'Souza or his ilk cooked up.

In the meantime, please refute what was said in the video and please cite actual examples of all the racist "dixiecrats" crossing party lines, I'll wait.
LMAO...you'll be waiting a long *** time because I'm not wasting my time with a Prager U video, nevermind doing homework you gave me off of it.

If you actually want evidence from someone who has studied this academically, go on Twitter and find D'Souza's mortal enemy, Kevin Kruse. He's an *actual* historian who has several Twitter threads on how the parties switched...including threads where he lists what "dixiecrats" switched and the context around everything that happened. Or, you can put your fingers in your ears and make loud noises. You'll probably choose the latter.

It's a leftest myth meant to deceive you into thinking they aren't the racists, but like i said earlier, stay on the plantation if you want to.
:oops::oops::oops::oops: Wow. That has zero racial connotations at all.

Advertisement
Back