OT: Bill Russell still the GOAT

You can't knock a guy though just because he played in a different era. Dennis Rodman won multiple rings with his tenacious defense and rebounding titles.

The worm couldn't play in todays era. Doesn't dimminish how good he was, particularly with the Pistons.

BTW, Worm was the one guy I felt that could guard Lebron. If the no charge zone was eliminated and hand checking was allowed; Rodman could guard LBJ from the high post in.

Huh?

Rodman’s skills translates to any era.

He would end up on a team that needed rebounding.

It would be hard for him to be as intricate to a championship team because of the emphasis on shooting from the 4 position now. He would be a top 5 rebounder though.

Advertisement
Please Elaborate 🤔 lol at the one guy that could guard LeBron..

If you watch him before he was less focused on partying with the Bulls, you would see a 6'7, 225 lb power forward that could coast to coast, post defend elite big men of the era, and get in guys heads.

Tbh, as a kid, Rodman was the player I wanted to be. So my opinion is biased.

But if Rodman could give a prime, athletic magic era Shaq plenty of trouble, you don't think he could guard Lebron?

3 and 6 yo. Bum *** east. Dude needs to pick up his hair plugs. Heart pumps kool aid
Lmao..you know what’s crazy..I’m guessing you a lakers fan by way of Kobe being your fav player..that’s just a guess because only Kobe fans think Kobe the goat..Back to what’s crazy..what you gonna do when Lebron wins a title in a laker jersey, with Dwight Howard 👀🤣

Lmao..you know what’s crazy..I’m guessing you a lakers fan by way of Kobe being your fav player..that’s just a guess because only Kobe fans think Kobe the goat..Back to what’s crazy..what you gonna do when Lebron wins a title in a laker jersey, with Dwight Howard 👀🤣

Nah, you're wrong. I'm a Lakers fan by way of Magic Johnson. Magic is my favorite player ever and he's the GOAT. Kobe is just 2nd. Kareem is 3rd.. Shaq is 4th.. Smush Parker is still the worst..

Lebron ain't winning **** with ***** *** Dwight. The Klaw and PG13 will make sure of that.

Nah, you're wrong. I'm a Lakers fan by way of Magic Johnson. Magic is my favorite player ever and he's the GOAT. Kobe is just 2nd. Kareem is 3rd.. Shaq is 4th.. Smush Parker is still the worst..

Lebron ain't winning **** with ***** *** Dwight. The Klaw and PG13 will make sure of that.
so u a lakers fan and a Lebron hater..rooting for the clippers 🤣..kobe over Lebron and Jordan lol..magic top 5..Kobe is behind Duncan...
Jordan
Bron
Kareem
Magic
Wilt

Advertisement
the greatest basketball career ever belongs strictly to Kareem. From prep, college and pros...without question the greatest Big to ever do it

Hands down; yet no one, ever, talk about him. It’s always MJ (my 2nd player of all time behind Scottie P), LBJ, Magic, or Kobe. Dude deserves all the accolades and revere

I am and I am and I am.. The rest of your post, lulz
You having Kobe in the top 5 is lulz..maybe 1 year in Kobe’s career he was definitely the best player in the league..his 1 mvp..and 2 finals mvps..he was blessed to get shaq early but ****ed up that relationship..then you had the 5 lost years of Kobe dead in his prime, getting numbers, but not winning until LA pulled off a heist and got Pau..let’s not forget the 1st 6 years of his career nobody ever talks about..but Kobe top 5 lol

Hands down; yet no one, ever, talk about him. It’s always MJ (my 2nd player of all time behind Scottie P), LBJ, Magic, or Kobe. Dude deserves all the accolades and revere

The man won 6 rings and 6 mvps with the most unstoppable shot ever. Most points scored..But not the greatest. He's #3 behind Magic and Kobe

Advertisement
You having Kobe in the top 5 is lulz..maybe 1 year in Kobe’s career he was definitely the best player in the league..his 1 mvp..and 2 finals mvps..he was blessed to get shaq early but ****ed up that relationship..then you had the 5 lost years of Kobe dead in his prime, getting numbers, but not winning until LA pulled off a heist and got Pau..let’s not forget the 1st 6 years of his career nobody ever talks about..but Kobe top 5 lol

I can't take this serious. The media ***ed Kobe out of mvps.. He was hated by the media. Shaq was blessed to get Kobe. Shaq had rather be a fat *** than stay in shape and work on his game, that's what ***ed their relationship.

Lakers gave up Marc Gasol in that trade, they had his rights.

I always bring him up first only because I disqualify bigs when it come to GOAT discussion only because imo wings effect the game more and bigs are dependent on good to great guard play at any level of b-ball
(why wilt never won more) But he still lands in my top 5 no question...but a name by uncle put me on, the genesis of mj, Kobe and Lebron..Oscar Robinson. All the old heads swear by him

I always bring him up first only because I disqualify bigs when it come to GOAT discussion only because imo wings effect the game more and bigs are dependent on good to great guard play at any level of b-ball
(why wilt never won more) But he still lands in my top 5 no question...but a name by uncle put me on, the genesis of mj, Kobe and Lebron..Oscar Robinson. All the old heads swear by him

You mean Oscar Robertson

My dad swears by Dr. J... But will say Jordan is the best..

L
I can't take this serious. The media ***ed Kobe out of mvps.. He was hated by the media. Shaq was blessed to get Kobe. Shaq had rather be a fat *** than stay in shape and work on his game, that's what ***ed their relationship.

Lakers gave up Marc Gasol in that trade, they had his rights.
Kobe got in trouble messing with White girls, then tried to snitch on shaq. The media didn’t hate him although when he was young he acted like a brat, a bad teammate (game 7 vs suns)..matter of fact ****** in LA at the time wanted to **** Kobe up over it. But shaq always had street cred n kept Kobe in good standings..kobe the reason the lakers lost in 04 shot them out of the series..could you imagine Lebron blowing a 3-1 lead to the suns lol...Kobe is about Kobe..with all that said Kobe is a top 9 player of all time (I have him after Duncan who I have at 7)

Advertisement
one similarity imho between russell and rodman that made them both elite rebounders?

quick jumpers

they could elevate to the necessary height before other guys could

russell could wait til his man jumped then he could react and elevate to where he needed to block the shot

watch them before you dismiss this

L
Kobe got in trouble messing with White girls, then tried to snitch on shaq. The media didn’t hate him although when he was young he acted like a brat, a bad teammate (game 7 vs suns)..matter of fact ****** in LA at the time wanted to **** Kobe up over it. But shaq always had street cred n kept Kobe in good standings..kobe the reason the lakers lost in 04 shot them out of the series..could you imagine Lebron blowing a 3-1 lead to the suns lol...Kobe is about Kobe..with all that said Kobe is a top 9 player of all time (I have him after Duncan who I have at 7)

I didn't like what Kobe did game 7 vs Suns. He was making a point. He drug a bunch of bums to the 8 seed and everyone was dogging him for shooting..

He didn't try to snitch on Shaq. That was a messed up situation started by a hooker. Shaq got fat, can't dispute that. 04 was on Kobe, that's fair..But they lost 4-1.. But that team was all Kobe and Shaq with a bunch of old washed up ***s.. That was a 2 man team.. Go look at that roster and laugh..

Advertisement
I didn't like what Kobe did game 7 vs Suns. He was making a point. He drug a bunch of bums to the 8 seed and everyone was dogging him for shooting..

He didn't try to snitch on Shaq. That was a messed up situation started by a hooker. Shaq got fat, can't dispute that. 04 was on Kobe, that's fair..But they lost 4-1.. But that team was all Kobe and Shaq with a bunch of old washed up ***s.. That was a 2 man team.. Go look at that roster and laugh..
that team wins if Kobe feeds shaq and doesn’t take as many bad shots as he did..shaq would dominate a stretch, then Kobe wouldn’t go back to him for stretches..that team was heavily favored..shaq was good enough to still win...and if Kobe’ has been good enough his first 5 years ( **lebron) he would’ve taken full advantage of a prime, most dominant force the league had seen, shaq. But he didn’t..and pouting is no excuse for blowing a 3-1 lead bro. Youth is no excuse when we debating top 5 of all time..kobe had shaq since day 1 in the league..if he was top 5 he would’ve been ready to take full advantage

that team wins if Kobe feeds shaq and doesn’t take as many bad shots as he did..shaq would dominate a stretch, then Kobe wouldn’t go back to him for stretches..that team was heavily favored..shaq was good enough to still win...and if Kobe’ has been good enough his first 5 years ( **lebron) he would’ve taken full advantage of a prime, most dominant force the league had seen, shaq. But he didn’t..and pouting is no excuse for blowing a 3-1 lead bro. Youth is no excuse when we debating top 5 of all time..kobe had shaq since day 1 in the league..if he was top 5 he would’ve been ready to take full advantage

On the 04 series you’re probably right. Kobe jacked up some stupid shots in that finals. It was still a 2 man team idc what the odds were.

Advertisement
Back