OT: Bill Russell still the GOAT

Advertisement
Bruh, for a second, I thought my man died.

Went to Twitter, clicked back and saw this non-sense. Man, you need to edit your post to say Bill Russell (Not Dead) because surely others will think the same thing. Imagine if a Celtics fan was in here? Man is heartbroken right now.

Advertisement
Yeah but wasn’t it like 10 teams and 2 rounds in the playoffs back then?? Great player no doubt but it’s because of 11 rings

You can't knock a guy though just because he played in a different era. Dennis Rodman won multiple rings with his tenacious defense and rebounding titles.

The worm couldn't play in todays era. Doesn't dimminish how good he was, particularly with the Pistons.

BTW, Worm was the one guy I felt that could guard Lebron. If the no charge zone was eliminated and hand checking was allowed; Rodman could guard LBJ from the high post in.

Advertisement
13 years in the league.

12 years he played in the finals.

11 championships.

The finals MVP is named after him.

GOAT.

As much as I like MJ, he's 1A compared to Big Bill.

I respect Bill, I do, but he’s not even the greatest center of all time. Bill played in the layup era, few NBA teams, and athleticism was considered by how crisp the ball moved.

Give me the most under appreciated player of all time; Mr Abdul-Jabbar. 19x All Star, 6x MVP & NBA champion, 2x NBA scoring champion, 3x NCAA player of the yr & champion.

The real GOAT..S.... Da Gawds

giphy (6).gif

giphy (7).gif

giphy.gif

You can't knock a guy though just because he played in a different era. Dennis Rodman won multiple rings with his tenacious defense and rebounding titles.

The worm couldn't play in todays era. Doesn't dimminish how good he was, particularly with the Pistons.

BTW, Worm was the one guy I felt that could guard Lebron. If the no charge zone was eliminated and hand checking was allowed; Rodman could guard LBJ from the high post in.
Yes you can when your saying “Greatest Of All Time”. Not knocking him as a player or his impact. He is a legend. But no the greatest. The only argument is rings. But we know all great big men need great guard play..look up those Celtics rosters

Advertisement
I respect Bill, I do, but he’s not even the greatest center of all time. Bill played in the layup era, few NBA teams, and athleticism was considered by how crisp the ball moved.

Give me the most under appreciated player of all time; Mr Abdul-Jabbar. 19x All Star, 6x MVP & NBA champion, 2x NBA scoring champion, 3x NCAA player of the yr & champion.
the greatest basketball career ever belongs strictly to Kareem. From prep, college and pros...without question the greatest Big to ever do it

Please Elaborate 🤔 lol at the one guy that could guard LeBron..

Advertisement
Please Elaborate 🤔 lol at the one guy that could guard LeBron..
I swear Lebron gets sooooo much disrespect..nobody in history could shutdown Lebron..nobody in history could shutdown Kobe, AI, melo, Jordan, harden etc etc...great offensive players can not be stopped by one defender

Advertisement
Back