OT - Better Area to Visit for a Long Weekend in Florida?

Went to school in Punta Gorda 4th through 7th grade. Back then what is now Port Charlotte was all cow pastures. Have a sister that lives in Port Charlotte. Punta Gorda then was a sleepy village. Charlotte High played basketball on a street down town. They did not have a gym

Advertisement
Since you're going to Sarasota take a look at a lunch cruise on the Marina Jack II. It takes about 2 hours on Sarasota Bay and the food, served buffet style, is pretty good for a cruise. Nice way to kill a few hours in the afternoon.

Have to visit Cape Coral and Palm Beach for work trip in Jan (coming from Boston). My Wife and I are trying to turn it into a Weekend Trip.

Where's the best area to visit for restaurants, bars, beaches, and relaxation for a couple days? West Coast (Sanibel Island/Ft. Myers, or even Naples/Marco Island) or East Coast (West Palm Beach area)?
Go to the Keys and you can have it all

Go Canes!!!!!!!!!

My wife and I dine at Carmelo's Italian Restaurant in Punta Gorda. Excellent food and service, nice ambiance and great dining al fresco. Carmelo started as a chef in his family's restaurant (Angelo's) in Venice. He was the chef who catered my son's wedding 10 years ago.
Great place, love the new location

Westin is nice. I stayed there. It’s right downtown but about 20-30 min in traffic to get to siesta key. Downtown area is nice, midtown/Hillview area is fun, siesta key village is lots of bars most with music. Use Uber cops there are abundant. Also if you pick the Westin you are close to lido beach, st armands circle, and easy access to long boat key.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back