OT - Better Area to Visit for a Long Weekend in Florida?

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
Have to visit Cape Coral and Palm Beach for work trip in Jan (coming from Boston). My Wife and I are trying to turn it into a Weekend Trip.

Where's the best area to visit for restaurants, bars, beaches, and relaxation for a couple days? West Coast (Sanibel Island/Ft. Myers, or even Naples/Marco Island) or East Coast (West Palm Beach area)?

Advertisement
Have to visit Cape Coral and Palm Beach for work trip in Jan (coming from Boston). My Wife and I are trying to turn it into a Weekend Trip.

Where's the best area to visit for restaurants, bars, beaches, and relaxation for a couple days? West Coast (Sanibel Island/Ft. Myers, or even Naples/Marco Island) or East Coast (West Palm Beach area)?

West Palm is nice they have nice beaches and they have this upcoming City Plaza that is nice to go. Heavy crazy traffic though. Lake Worth drive is famous but Very expensive brother if you have a family attending- It's going to get pricey . If your thinking about going West to Cape Coral you might well shoot up I75 to Sarasota, Bradenton, Tampa, St. Pete , Clearwater areas. More bang for your buck! Unbelievable Beautiful cities on the West Coast. 3.5 Million People are in the city of Tampa alone. Rated #1 City everyone is moving to by U.S. Newsweekly and I see why It's Great Florida lifestyle of living!

West Palm is nice they have nice beaches and they have this upcoming City Plaza that is nice to go. Heavy crazy traffic though. Lake Worth drive is famous but Very expensive brother if you have a family attending- It's going to get pricey . If your thinking about going West to Cape Coral you might well shoot up I75 to Sarasota, Bradenton, Tampa, St. Pete , Clearwater areas. More bang for your buck! Unbelievable Beautiful cities on the West Coast. 3.5 Million People are in the city of Tampa alone. Rated #1 City everyone is moving to by U.S. Newsweekly and I see why It's Great Florida lifestyle of living!

Thanks. No family just me and the wife (we're in our late 20s)

Advertisement
Are you looking to park yourself on a beach?
West Coast- Marco Island JW Marriott. Breakfast at Nene's, dinner at Joey's Pizza, ice cream at the Chocolate Strawberry.
East Coast - Jupiter Beach Resort. Breakfast at Hurricane Cafe, dinner at U-Tiki or Jetty's.

Looking to park it at the beach/pool during the day. Good food/restaurants and cool bars/beach bars at night.

Advertisement
I'm a Sanibel Island/Marco Island guy myself. If you want seclusion, nice beaches, nice food and great scenary, you cant go wrong going either of those routes.

WPB is like a lesser version of Ft Lauderdale Beach/Las Olas. Its more city like. You won't really get that "Wanna getaway?" vacation like vibe if you ask me.

Are you looking to park yourself on a beach?
West Coast- Marco Island JW Marriott. Breakfast at Nene's, dinner at Joey's Pizza, ice cream at the Chocolate Strawberry.
East Coast - Jupiter Beach Resort. Breakfast at Hurricane Cafe, dinner at U-Tiki or Jetty's.
Solid

For relaxation and forgetting about all the bs it’s the west coast for me.
I go the Marco island Marriott have a few drinks and I’m out. They have an outside grill and inside sushi bar with tv’s you can watch the games. They have a spa for the wife. Frozen yogurt and a brick oven pizza place. You don’t have to leave the hotel at all. The beach is also very nice.
They also have a high end restaurant if you want A nice dinner with the wife.

Advertisement
You want the West Coast OP. Fort Myers beach has a nice little beach dive bar scene and the Lanai Kai is a staple of beach drunkeness. Marco is also very pretty, sanibel is nice.

However @Dhatguy is correct when he talks about Siesta Key. won't find a better beach outside of the panhandle in Florida, the beach bars are plentiful, and some of the better food you will eat.

St Pete Beach area is also very nice.

sarasota aka siesta key is your only real answer

unless you're just rolling in $$$ where anywhere is good for you

I went there one night to visit my cousin and my gawd almighty you talk about fun. The beach, the food, the people there, all the **** tangerines LOL.

Advertisement
Thanks. No family just me and the wife (we're in our late 20s)
Oh well in that case brother.... Explore it all! I would try to make it an excursion out of your trip depending how many days you two have? Just hit up different cities. Start with West coast of Florida -Tampa travel to Central Florida -Otown then work your way down to sunny South Florida West Palm, Ft. Laudy and The 305 .

Enjoy Florida Fam!
Be Safe and Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back