OT: BC vs Clemson

If you think Clemson without Tyler Davis in the middle is the same defense then sure. Skalski isn’t out there either. And if you think Clemson is bringing the same energy to a 12 PM kick against BC as a Gameday matchup with us under the lights then you can have that as well.
Exactly. Not only under the lights but all Clemson heard all week before Canes game was how good D'Eriq was blah blah blah. Can't imagine they're too fired up to play BC at Noon and it's showing.

Advertisement
I get questioning the staff but comparing games or opponents is one of the most nonsensical things in sports. Like one has anything to do with the other.
If we get to the title game, then the coaching staff will have the opportunity to prove themselves. If the performance looks the same as game #1, then you have your answer.

Last edited:
No he’s not. No one’s insulting him. He’s absolutely right about Lawrence being a big difference for Clemson’s offense. But there’s more to it and a bunch of us aren’t talking about their offense. That’s a given. We’re talking about BC’s offense compared to what we did and to overall effort and preparedness.
Only talking about his saying this would be an interesting game to watch..ease up.

Advertisement
The only comparison I'm making is effort and execution. Does the fact that it's a noon game and Clemson is missing players explain why BCs WRs are fighting for the football and their DL isn't lining up offsides?

I have no doubt Clemson will win this game as I said, I'm not complaining that we did not beat Clemson.
If TL was playing would you be asking this question ? When it’s probably 28-14. Lmao.

And the entire team trusts Lawrence to get it done.
That Offense has worked with several different QB’s. For example, today, with their true freshman, their game plan is making easy and effective passes that moves the chains. Clemson staff is impressive.

Advertisement
If we get to the title game, then the coaching staff will uave the opportunity to prove themselves. If the performance looks the same as game #1, then you have your answer.
I’m not big on our coaching , I’m on record saying we’re undisciplined and lack coaching. That being said comparing other teams versus previous opponents is dumb. That’s my whole point. One has nothing to do with the other.

For the Diaz/Baker mopes who criticized their game prep but give Lashlee a pass, notice how Clemson isn’t doing all these weird *** trick plays and misdirections, flea flickers. But continue to believe that we ain’t on EVERYONES minds when they play us. REGARDLESS of how “bad” we’ve been for 2 decades.

Advertisement
I’m not big on our coaching , I’m on record saying we’re undisciplined and not lack coaching. That being said comparing other teams versus previous opponents is dumb. That’s my whole point. One has nothing to do with the other.
Yes, it is tough to compare how this team played vs. that team; I'm just saying we look less prepared than a team like BC is which should not be the case. Further evidence against Pitt to some extent, but UVA to a much larger extent would indicate this is a reoccurring theme.

Want to recognize what just happened.....at least how i took it.

All everything freshman Bryan Bresee jumps offside. Without even looking, he stood up and ran off the field bc he knew that mistake was not ok and coaches don't accept it. That's accountability.

They are just now strting to get some big time ol. (Tate). They run a gimmicky offense...and their overall OL talent arent there or dont even make it at the next level.

Clemson freaking throws the ball within like 3 seconds every play with most being laterally. Their deep shots are set up AFTER they have done all that lateral stuff and with all the gimmicks, whistles and bells of motion etc.
That gimmicky Offense is dominating College Football. I love it.

Advertisement
So much more to being a QB than arm talent. He’s still really good it’s just not going to be a seamless transition to him from Lawrence.
I agree there’s more to it. But those ratings are largely based on projection and measurables, not if he’s a finished product.

They’re assuming he’ll learn those things and that’s part of his rating as well.

Advertisement
Back