OT: BC vs Clemson

Clemson throwing to their RB and TE today. I don't think DJ has thrown to an actual WR yet. Powell and Etienne and the TE.
He's thrown to Amari Rodgers plenty, idk if you saw the 3rd and 16 dart over the middle but he has a cannon of an arm

Advertisement
We should’ve but it’s not the same situations. That’s the point.

Even playing pickup basketball you don’t play with the same effort against teams you aren’t threatened by. Then mix in the best player in cfb being out.
Just look at how WR Zay fights for the ball. Our receivers fights against grass and trips. We are lacking effort.

Some teams just match up better against certain teams. We're vulnerable to big strong physical teams who have massive OL and DLs and can run the football. Boston college has the physicality to match up with Clemson up front. The problem is not only is clemson bigger then us but they are faster as well. Just a clear mismatch across the board

Advertisement
If you think that our offense would be doing to Clemson’s defense as comprised today what BC’s offense is doing then you can have that as well.
Transitive property doesn’t work in football. BC has one of the best OLs in the conference and a WR who can actually get separation. With injuries on Clemson’s side you don’t see how this argument is extremely faulty? And that doesn’t excuse how Miami looked, this is just a **** argument.

Advertisement
agreed. Clemson is without their leader, multiple key injuries injuries on defense and noon kickoff. Not surprised by this. Not sure this is a good thing though. Not sure how all the tie breakers work in the end so do we want/need Clemson to win?

it may not matter anyways if we don’t run the table
Who gives a **** about tie breakers.

Just want Clemson to lose. **** them.

Advertisement
They went from 2014 until this last draft without having a single OL drafted. Not drafted in the 1st round, just drafted period. That blew my mind.

They are just now strting to get some big time ol. (Tate). They run a gimmicky offense...and their overall OL talent arent there or dont even make it at the next level.

Clemson freaking throws the ball within like 3 seconds every play with most being laterally. Their deep shots are set up AFTER they have done all that lateral stuff and with all the gimmicks, whistles and bells of motion etc.

Advertisement
When you have an OL that can really pass block, a big QB who can see over the OL, and has good pocket awareness, you can have success vs. a depleted Clemson defense.

I get questioning the staff but comparing games or opponents is one of the most nonsensical things in sports. Like one has anything to do with the other.

The only comparison I'm making is effort and execution. Does the fact that it's a noon game and Clemson is missing players explain why BCs WRs are fighting for the football and their DL isn't lining up offsides?

I have no doubt Clemson will win this game as I said, I'm not complaining that we did not beat Clemson.

Cribby gonna be in line for a lot of apologies with this game...
No he’s not. No one’s insulting him. He’s absolutely right about Lawrence being a big difference for Clemson’s offense. But there’s more to it and a bunch of us aren’t talking about their offense. That’s a given. We’re talking about BC’s offense compared to what we did and to overall effort and preparedness.

Advertisement
Back