OT: Avengers Endgame

I grew up during the 60’s when we were fighting about everything with everyone: Cold War, Nam, civil rights, abortion, women’s rights and any movement you can name. Taking positions and speaking about them were. PC was not in effect yet. I never broke the habit. It gets hairy but given my basic nasty strike first approach, it usually work out. Certainly not the way to go today.

I love it lmao. I am like that with everyone, but my bosses lol. Once I become the boss Ill be back to speaking my mind non stop!

Advertisement
Leave it to CIS for this kind of post.

Arguing over who does/doesn't die, is it childish to watch football vs action movies, etc.

Why are we not discussing what is important:

1) Does ant man go all explosive a$$ on Thanos?
2) Can ant man play QB, DB, or add depth to other positions of need?

W.
T.
F.

Let's get refocused here.

Not even close.

Seriously. A thread on a new Avengers movie?

I parachuted onto the North Pole and with wind chill, it was bumping 150 degrees below zero, worked as a manhunter of three different language nations, had a King Cobra rise up right in front of me, worked as a salvage diver while in college, worked as a Commercial Hot Air Balloon pilot while in college, got into a firefight with 11 brother soldiers one morning and there was only two of us come sundown. dropped a charging black bear with a pistol, saw a forty yard diameter, three feet high bundle of solid Daddy Longleg spiders, caught several wild hogs in Hellhole swamp SC with only my hands, been to the circus twice, saw a carnival with a fat lady with a beard and a retirement plan - including the hootchie cootchie show, actually saw one Democrat who could chew bubble gum and drive at the same time - only to find out he's switched parties the previous week.

I'm not even sure what damned sport you're referring to where grown-assed men run around in spandex pants - but find it curious that you do.

It's clear that our interests and experiences are polar opposites - so I'll beg your pardon for my smart-assed remark - go enjoy your movie.

And be sure to tell us who gets kilt. Squashed. Incinerated. Or retires.

We're all anxious.

What make and caliber pistol? Had the misfortune of surprising a frigging grizzle once many years ago. Took all six rounds from my SW model 29 44 mag, last two point blank as he fell on me. Just avoided his teeth but frigging left front paw almost killed me.

Leave it to CIS for this kind of post.

Arguing over who does/doesn't die, is it childish to watch football vs action movies, etc.

Why are we not discussing what is important:

1) Does ant man go all explosive a$$ on Thanos?
2) Can ant man play QB, DB, or add depth to other positions of need?

W.
T.
F.

Let's get refocused here.

***** Ant man. I want Hulk as our new running QB.

Not really

Both are just entertainment. The audience has NO control over either.

The main difference is one is scripted the other....unless the game has some cheating officials...usually not

And face it ...when you're watching EITHER one as an adult...you revert to a childish behavior.

BUT Even more so in football

it starts long before and lasts far after the game has been played: Superstitions; Taunting, Getting upset and angry; Hero worship; Grudges; The We won They lost syndrom ; Some get their self image from how their team does ...i.e. frontrunners Thinking we have super powers....even I could have done that..NO YOU COULDN'T , Isolation, Wanting only to be with like-minded people at gametime. Some even cry etc etc.

For a game that has absolutely NO affect on our lives many devote an inordinate amount of time to it. Preseason, Offseason c'mon let's be realistic here we are.

The 1st step is admitting we all have a problem...as always the junkie in us sees no harm.

If you doubt it ask your better half...especially if they aren't into football. They'll give you the real lowdown.

At least after watching a movie all except the Real NUTS immediately get back to reality and what's important.
This x1,000,000

Advertisement
Incredible ending w some truly iconic moments. It was like Bill and Ted but w superheroes.

My favorite part? I have no idea what's coming next for the MCU.

A minor question however ...

If we jumped forward 5 years, why is Spidey still in high school ?

Not even close.

Seriously. A thread on a new Avengers movie?

I parachuted onto the North Pole and with wind chill, it was bumping 150 degrees below zero, worked as a manhunter of three different language nations, had a King Cobra rise up right in front of me, worked as a salvage diver while in college, worked as a Commercial Hot Air Balloon pilot while in college, got into a firefight with 11 brother soldiers one morning and there was only two of us come sundown. dropped a charging black bear with a pistol, saw a forty yard diameter, three feet high bundle of solid Daddy Longleg spiders, caught several wild hogs in Hellhole swamp SC with only my hands, been to the circus twice, saw a carnival with a fat lady with a beard and a retirement plan - including the hootchie cootchie show, actually saw one Democrat who could chew bubble gum and drive at the same time - only to find out he's switched parties the previous week.

I'm not even sure what damned sport you're referring to where grown-assed men run around in spandex pants - but find it curious that you do.

It's clear that our interests and experiences are polar opposites - so I'll beg your pardon for my smart-assed remark - go enjoy your movie.

And be sure to tell us who gets kilt. Squashed. Incinerated. Or retires.

We're all anxious.
That happened.

What make and caliber pistol? Had the misfortune of surprising a frigging grizzle once many years ago. Took all six rounds from my SW model 29 44 mag, last two point blank as he fell on me. Just avoided his teeth but frigging left front paw almost killed me.

S&W Model 57. 200g.

You're lucky. Usually one paw is all it takes to rip your head clean off, or lay you wide open.

Advertisement
S&W Model 57. 200g.

You're lucky. Usually one paw is all it takes to rip your head clean off, or lay you wide open.

Very lucky. Really he was dead but fell on me from momentum. Even the 44 mag could not stop him in his tracts. The dead hand still ripped me as we went to the ground. Had I been alone I probably would had bled out and died with the bear. I still have the old 29 with the spent brass. Never fired it again. It holds place of honor in my collection.

Stay out of trouble.

Incredible ending w some truly iconic moments. It was like Bill and Ted but w superheroes.

I’m telling you. I love the movie but the definition for time travel confused me lol

Advertisement

guess everybody just went back to the way they lived previously

Advertisement

My first question to my crew that I saw it with. It'll be easy to write that everyone there got snapped. My guess is that the school system hasn't really been in place since the snap.

My first question to my crew that I saw it with. It'll be easy to write that everyone there got snapped. My guess is that the school system hasn't really been in place since the snap.
I don't know if any of you have ever watched that show The Leftovers, but it's like if all the disappeared suddenly returned (which I always kinda hoped for on the show). Presents a whole new host of interesting problems.

I hope they don't ignore it and just gloss over it in the future films. There's some good material to be mined there.

I agree also. Definitely not as good as IW, but that's like the zenith of superhero films. It's like saying your Super Bowl winning QB isn't as good as Brady.

Advertisement
Back