OT: Army football team leaves visiting locker room spotless after loss to Oklahoma

Advertisement
They are acting like the Japanese soccer team in the world cup.

Last edited:
Yeah, the armed forces cant get elite talent. Elite talent wants in the NFL, and with the armed forces, you gotta do your time in the service.

Thats why you see a lot of option stuff from those teams; they are typically undersized and lack any depth at skill positions.

Good for them pushing Oklahoma to the limit.

I'm sure OU paid Army a good penny to schedule them. I guess that was in the small print. LOL

Advertisement
Yeah, the armed forces cant get elite talent. Elite talent wants in the NFL, and with the armed forces, you gotta do your time in the service.

Thats why you see a lot of option stuff from those teams; they are typically undersized and lack any depth at skill positions.

They also have to be able to run 2 or 3 miles I forget in under a certain time frame, do a certain number of pushups, not be over a certain height, not be over a certain weight, etc. That really hurts their OL and DL recruiting. Not many good OL will be able to do a lot of pushups, run 3 miles quickly, and not be over the height/weight requirement.

They also have to be able to run 2 or 3 miles I forget in under a certain time frame, do a certain number of pushups, not be over a certain height, not be over a certain weight, etc. That really hurts their OL and DL recruiting. Not many good OL will be able to do a lot of pushups, run 3 miles quickly, and not be over the height/weight requirement.

"Waivers"

See 'David Robinson'

Advertisement

They are elite in every sense of the word. If fact, you take the refs off the field and the only players left standing at the end of a copy drives would them. But your point is well taken

Yup, but I have heard Navy is more leniant with their waivers(which is why they usually dominate at the LOS during the Army vs Navy game). Army gives waivers as well, but not as many as Navy.
Navy had allowed more flexibility with their schedules allowing more time for football. I think that Army has made that change recently with their current coach. I believe that those guys, even the lineman, have to get rid of all that weight after the season and still make standards.

Advertisement
lol so did they make the fb players scrub the locker room clean with a tooth brush for losing 😂😂 smh ****

Advertisement
I like it ! We may make our beds up to perfection, but we will kick your teeth in too . I enjoy watching Army , Navy , and Air Force play . They obviously won’t have the football talent like OU , but they play smart with old school offense with a few wrinkles.

I think they've loosened some of the height weight standards for the football players. I remember back in the day army had a bunch of 240 lb offensive linemen today they're still on the smaller side but nowhere near as undersized as they used to be. They have a few guys over 300 lbs and most of their linemen are in the 265-285 lb range.

They're first class military.....how else would they leave the locker room?

Advertisement
Back