OT: Anthony Schwartz

Advertisement
Impressive no doubt.

But, I don't expect Schwartz to do much in football at the next level. The speedster Auburn signed from South Florida that I would have liked us to take is Shaun Shivers.

Advertisement
How many touchdowns has Ussain Bolt scored?

Advertisement
giphy.gif

More impressed with an Indonesian sprinter. Don't think they come around that often.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He reminds me of that WR Xavier Carter that we recruited back in 2004 who went to LSU and ended up just focusing on track

Xavier Carter - Wikipedia

He looked destined to be the next great US sprinter in the 200, but fell off the planet eventually. He did well in the 400 (200 as well until his knee injury) and I wonder what could've been had he stuck with that.

The only time Schwartz even crosses my mind is when I'm thinking about how **** great Nesta Silvera is going to be.

American Heritage never needed him more than Nov. 24. American Heritage had pummeled almost everyone on the way to a second straight state title. Cardinal Gibbons High School of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was the one exception. Cardinal Gibbons fell four points short of American Heritage in the regular season. In the region championship, it seemed the Chiefs had gotten over the hump.

Cardinal Gibbons raced out to a 27-6 lead. American Heritage’s sidelines were in shambles. American Heritage coach Patrick Surtain, a three-time All-Pro, later called it the most difficult victory he’d ever been a part of.

Silvera admits he played terribly, but he knows he can be persuasive. He tracked down 4-star wide receiver Anthony Schwartz, who doubled as American Heritage’s kick returner. The Patriots needed something to break their way and Schwartz was where they had to turn — even if the All-American sprinter hadn’t done anything to give Silvera much confidence.

He ain't got no moves. No nothing,” Silvera said. “He ain’t got nothing. No type of cuts.”

But Silvera — and American Heritage — were desperate. He grabbed Schwartz, who is now at Auburn, and begged him to make a play.

“I’m like pleading with him. I’m like about to cry, like, ‘Bro, we need this,'” Silvera said. “He made a cut. The one cut he’s made in his life, and he scored and the whole sideline just got up.”

American Heritage rallied for a one-point win in triple overtime.

DT Nesta Silvera's guide to 'make the crib great' at Miami

Advertisement
Back