OT: Anthony Schwartz

Disagree.

You’re clearly not versed in track and field. 4-5 in the SEC will still make you top 10.

And when you’re talking about sprints there are only a few programs that have produced sub-10 collegiate sprinters and nearly all of them are in the SEC.

Who cares what u disagree w. Lol.

Advertisement
I care. Is that the correct answer.

But … you’re dead wrong. There is not a single player in the history of Miami Hurricanes football that was more track athlete than football player when he graduated from high school that the program was built off of. There’s that.

Was referring to speed, but carry on b/c I’m pretty sure Santana was a track guy, along w Dorsett and Artie Burns and now Lingard. So I don’t get ur point nor do I care to get ur point. Some folks choose to be contrarians. Fact is, he’s producing for Auburn and they are utilizing his speed. He was a four star receiver, so obviously he’s much more than just a track guy. Even if his one trick was straight line speed, so the f what! It got Phillip D drafted in the first round, didn’t it.

Was referring to speed, but carry on b/c I’m pretty sure Santana was a track guy, along w Dorsett and Artie Burns and now Lingard. So I don’t get ur point nor do I care to get ur point. Some folks choose to be contrarians. Fact is, he’s producing for Auburn and they are utilizing his speed. He was a four star receiver, so obviously he’s much more than just a track guy. Even if his one trick was straight line speed, so the f what! It got Phillip D drafted in the first round, didn’t it.

He said was more track athlete than football player. So Moss/Dorset/Burns/Lingard are better in track than football? WOW

He said was more track athlete than football player. So Moss/Dorset/Burns/Lingard are better in track than football? WOW

No; but his point had nothing to do w my point. Neither do u trying to cape up for him.

Like I swear some of u cats have a missing chromosome when it comes to reading & comprehension and that missing chromosome is called white knighting any decision the staff makes, and it’s been that way since I’ve been on here during the Golden yrs.

I’ll say this again, slowly...this program was built upon SPEED. Whether that’s a track guy who happens to be good at football, as well, or just a flat out fast football player who can run track. Tomato, Tomoto at this point. Schwartz should’ve been offered and I stand by that.

No; but his point had nothing to do w my point. Neither do u trying to cape up for him.

Like I swear some of u cats have a missing chromosome when it comes to reading & comprehension and that missing chromosome is called white knighting any decision the staff makes, and it’s been that way since I’ve been on here during the Golden yrs.

I’ll say this again, slowly...this program was built upon SPEED. Whether that’s a track guy who happens to be good at football, as well, or just a flat out fast football player who can run track. Tomato, Tomoto at this point. Schwartz should’ve been offered and I stand by that.

He picked you apart like a smoked chicken move on kid.

Advertisement
It’s not being a contrarian, dude. I don’t know what’s with you today but I’m not trying to argue; I’m just saying your statement isn’t true.

Moss, Dorset, Burns nor Lingard were on the level of Schwartz on the track; they weren’t close. They were MORE football than track. There just isn’t a history of “Schwartz” types of players coming to Miami. Florida can say that; FSU can say that, Clemson, LSU, Texas and a bunch of other schools can say that - but Miami can’t. It just is.

Didnt think a simple “disagree” would get this started with you of all posters. Or is someone else posting for Rellyrell today …

Bro; when I said who care what u disagree w, I had lol behind it. It was meant to be a joke. I’m good w u.

But I also wasn’t saying we should field a team full of track guys. I think Schwartz is a good football player. During Golden years, we craved speed on both sides of the ball. So when Schwartz was hanging around, and according to some he was waiting for an offer, I was like why not? How do u not keep that kind of speed off the field.

But my bad, didn’t mean to call u a contrarian. I’ll take the L on that one, my guy. @Tetragrammaton Cane

when i saw the times he was posting in high school i figured he would choose a school with a strong track program, it makes sense when people say he was never gonna come to Miami nothing to cry about we didnt have a chance

Advertisement
I think we are going to regret not taking this kid. Dude absolutely flies with the ball in his hand. Just had a 75 yard curl to the crib and looked like a blur.

"Taking?" The kid wasn't exactly dying to be a Cane. FWIW, I'd like to have him. But I think Dugans recognized there was little sincere interest and decided not to waste his time.

Maybe I didn’t understand the post.

I’m not necessarily talking about Miami’s track. I’m just saying Auburn isn’t a super elite track team. If track is his bread and butter - there are other schools that would make more sense for a guy with his skills in track.

Is this a Miami fan site?

What the **** is your point?

Here’s mine: no chance he was coming to Miami because of track. Auburn has a legit men’s track program, especially compared to Miami.

Now what’s your point? Because what difference does it make which track program is better in the SEC, Auburn is considered legit. He wanted both, track and football, and he was never coming here to Miami.

You are arguing in circles around your own self.

Advertisement
My bad; I missed the humor. We’re good.

1539620274076.png

Advertisement
Back