OT -Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix

Here's a GREAT question, why is it always football players ARE involved in some types of tragedies. NHL, NBA, MLB and other sports don't come close. Is it something to do with major blows to the head. I'm puzzled by this. Just curious, something to think about. Cause my brother played college and pro football and i see that he hasn't been the same. It's sad.

What about boxing?

Advertisement
Do you think somebody can be homicidal without committing homicides?

Sure I do. A psychopath can often not feel any apathy or feelings to others.

Bloodlust is a real thing. We are, evolutionary wise, barely out of the jungle. Our cerebral cortexes in our brain, when under stress or duress, still operate under 'fight or flight'. For some guys, not only do they choose 'fight', they choose it often and take great pleasure in doing so.

Most of us have that killer instinct in us. Most choose not to imbibe in it. Some do, but control it. An often talked about thing among combat veterans is they miss combat, though while in it most didn't want to be there.

"You see these people? When the chips are down...these civilized people; they'll eat each other."

After working in Liberty City as a paramedic, I'm convinced people are capable of anything. Just find the right button to push.

Well, I'll touch it.

CTE may have exacerbated the issue in the end, but he wanted to have a violent gangbanger lifestyle even before CTE could be an issue. That, and choosing to use dangerous drugs were a very, very bad combination.

He got his wish. And by the way, can we all agree he was not the primary victim in this?

Nystateofmind seems to have more sympathy towards the murderer rather than the murderee(s). Don't care if he had stage 3 CTE. Don't care that he was a closet ***. Don't even care if he had a 'strict childhood'.

He wasn't killing people in fits of rage. He was doing it for fun, for the thrill of it. CTE or no CTE, killing people to get your rocks off is pure evil man.
Agree

Although, I’m not convinced he was getting a thrill out of it. Perhaps he was. But after he got away with all the sh*t he did in Gainesville, I don’t think he was concerned with any kind of repercussions for his actions.

And I buy that he developed his “gangbanger” presentation to cover up his homosexuality.

Well, I'll touch it.

CTE may have exacerbated the issue in the end, but he wanted to have a violent gangbanger lifestyle even before CTE could be an issue. That, and choosing to use dangerous drugs were a very, very bad combination.

He got his wish. And by the way, can we all agree he was not the primary victim in this?

Nystateofmind seems to have more sympathy towards the murderer rather than the murderee(s). Don't care if he had stage 3 CTE. Don't care that he was a closet ***. Don't even care if he had a 'strict childhood'.

He wasn't killing people in fits of rage. He was doing it for fun, for the thrill of it. CTE or no CTE, killing people to get your rocks off is pure evil man.
That's why, I stated: COMMON SENSE

Advertisement
Well, I'll touch it.

You keep saying “people” as in plural.

He was convicted of killing one person.

Advertisement
You keep saying “people” as in plural.

He was convicted of killing one person.

He had the SUV that was used to kill two others in 2012 in a garage. But whatever.

Actually according to law, since his appeal process didn't end while he was alive, so technically, he wasn't convicted of anything.

Oh poor Aaron Hernandez! We're just running his name through the mud! Rest In Peace!

Let's ignore the victims that were killed and the families that they left behind because this punk gangster caught a football well.

You know, I am actually disappointed in you Nystateofmind. We may disagree on a matter of all subjects, but I really wouldn't have thought we'd disagree on this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
That was later reversed.

His conviction for the Lloyd case stands.
And yet you show more sympathy for the murderer than the man he killed.

"Oh, poor OJ! He killed his wife and lover, but he had CTE and secretly hated being black! Rest in Peace OJ!"

..Do you see how crazy that sounds?

And yet you show more sympathy for the murderer than the man he killed.
"Oh, poor OJ! He killed his wife and lover, but he had CTE and secretly hated being black! Rest in Peace OJ!"

But most people think CTE is 100% responsible for Junior Seau & Dave Duerson committing suicide, why can't CTE be 100% responsible for Hernandez committing homicide & shooting people?

IDK, but I think there's a bit of a double standard here.

Advertisement
Back