OT -Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix

Advertisement
I watched it. Boring. The CTE defense is utter Bull****. The dude was killing people a long time ago. Bottomline, he had anger issues. The drug and guns didn't help. Hanging out with the wrong people didn't help. Be a man and get help. He chose not to and took the easy way out killing himself.

One less POS on the planet. Fine with me.

But most people think CTE is 100% responsible for Junior Seau & Dave Duerson committing suicide, why can't CTE be 100% responsible for Hernandez committing homicide & shooting people?

IDK, but I think there's a bit of a double standard here.

On average there's 120-130 suicides per day, 3.5x more likely in men than women.

CTE is not the root cause for most of those. Some people are just born broken or develop issues well before CTE can have an effect. I see kids with impulse control issues all the timeNot only that, i guarantee CTE could be and will be found in the brains of many perfectly functioning adults.

I'm sure many football players have it and i don't doubt one bit it can lead to or be a contributing factor to psychological issues. But there's 2 sides to things.....the thousands and thousands of athletes who've endured the same brain trauma and lead normal lives.....and those like Aaron Hernandez with a well known sketchy past who decided to do bad things. The 2 are NOT always linked.

Advertisement
The link is within the article but the Washington Post just started a series on CTE and it commences with a scathing takedown of Bennet Omalu.

Bet hey, who cares?! Will Smith did that movie and football has had to defend itself for years now from scammers and profiteers like what Omalu appears to be along with those distorting actual scientific progress on the subject by massive conclusion jumping like always associating the condition with the actions of scumbags like Hernandez.

Advertisement
Back