OT/ 86 Miami vs 01 Miami

Advertisement
I have watched cfb pretty closely since ‘82. Nebraska 95 and a couple of the recent Alabama lines (‘12 and ‘20) are the best Ive seen. Wisconsin ‘11 was **** good. Alabama OL won the outland trophy and the rimington this year. McKinnie is as good as any college OT i have dver seen, maybe the best. But for overall line dominance, I think some other lines were both more talented and more physically dominant.
01' Miami O-Line >>>>>>>>>>>>> 95' Nebraska O-Line.

Why?, because Miami's O-Line could do what they wanted (run & pass block) to do, when they wanted to do it...while Nebraska's O-Line was one dimensional, still are.

This right here.

You guys dogging Dorsey need to rethink your position. Just think about it this way: If the ‘03 team had Dorsey do they play for a national title? You know the answer.

Regular season Vinny was one of the most fun things to watch in UM history. Bowl game Vinny made me want to puke.
If Dorsey is QBing the 03 team, we most definitely play for NC.....****.....if Berlin see's a wide open Winslow in the EZ vs Tenn, we play for title.....

Advertisement
All they had to do was score a few points at home vs Tennessee and their ticket would have been punched. Are you saying Dorsey wouldn’t have gotten that done?
True, they may have pulled off the game against Tennessee, but I think they would've lost to VT...back then, Blacksburg was a tough place to play Bro, that crowd was bananas.

I mean think about it, you had Shockey & Dre on one side, then you had Roscoe & Daryl Jones or Kevin Beard on the other side, which side do you put the strength of your secondary on?

And then McKinnie hermetically sealed KD's blindside.

The 03' team just wasn't the same, IMHO.

True, they may have pulled off the game against Tennessee, but I think they would've lost to VT...back then, Blacksburg was a tough place to play Bro, that crowd was bananas.

I mean think about it, you had Shockey & Dre on one side, then you had Roscoe & Daryl Jones or Kevin Beard on the other side, which side do you put the strength of your secondary on?

And then McKinnie hermetically sealed KD's blindside.

The 03' team just wasn't the same, IMHO.

for all the credit given to the 91 defense in this thread, the 03 was incredible.

Advertisement
Geoff Torretta backed up Vinnie. You forgot DJ Williams on the 2001 team. Charles Henry was the #2 TE on the 86 team. As I recall Smith was already in the doghouse. James Lewis started at safety in 2001. Andrew Williams started at DE in 2001. Corny Green was definitely getting a bunch of reps. You forgot Santonio Thomas and William Joseph at DT on the 2001 squad.
Willie Smith was not on the '86 team.

The '86 OL was not as good as the '01 OL, and I think even that '01 OL was not as exceptional as people like to think. It was very very good, but not what some people claim. The only super-special player was McKinnie.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I still remember that ******* RB putting the flag on Tiger Clark's head. FSU should've gotten unsportsmanlike just for that.
Dexter Carter. The 49ers took him in the first round of the 1990 draft as a utility player - to be their version of Dave Meggett.. Mel Kiper quickly pointed out that Meggett was picked in the 4th round in 1989 by the Giants, not the first.

I disagree. JJ was my favorite UM coach but he let Vinny go out of control and pass when he should have kept running. Bad coaching mistake.
Awesome! So you're the only person on the planet that thinks Coker was better than JJ.

Congrats!

Don’t forget Perriman, and Roberts! No college can handle a HOF WR plus 2 other top NFL pick WRs( 2d round for blades and perriman).

Irvin would have eaten, or one of the other guys would have had a career day.

I continue to think the critical match-ups would be vinny vs ed reed, and how good the ‘01 DL would do. If ‘86 could run the ball, ‘86 wins. Ain’t no way ‘01 would be running on the ‘86 front 7. And that’s a problem because ’01 didn’t have the wr depth. Bennie blades and bubba mcdowell can manage andre (not shut him down). The third key match-up someone mentioned would be shockey vs. ‘86 Lbs.

Adding in Perriman and Roberts leads me to say we would have to add in Ed Reed, Mo Sykes? and a freshman Sean Taylor.

WOW. Just look at the elite talent we're discussing in one small subset of this topic. Sadly, I find myself humming that old Seals & Crofts tune, "Weeeeee may never pass this way again."

Advertisement
Back