OT - 49ers vs. Lions - NFC Championship

Canes Tie in.

Brock Purdy's father (Shawn Purdy) pitched for the Canes for two years under Ron Fraser.

Purdys Dad - Ron Frazer.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stop moving the goal post.

I gabe you the scenario of what was actually left.

And in your made up scenario of 1:20 left with no timeouts, that’s a statistical better probability of tying or winning the game vs trying to recover an on-side kick.
.... in a worst case scenario that was the result of them missing those two 4th downs lol thats the entire point. The difference is the execution, not the 4th down decision. This is so simple. If Reynolds catches those or Gibbs doesn't fumble, its a different story, and you aren't *****ing about his 4th down deicions..

.... in a worst case scenario that was the result of them missing those two 4th downs lol thats the entire point. The difference is the execution, not the 4th down decision. This is so simple. If Reynolds catches those or Gibbs doesn't fumble, its a different story, and you aren't *****ing about his 4th down deicions..
I would’ve thought you were a 9ers fan not a Raiders fan.

Advertisement
Why would you have thought that?
If you were told a guy from the bay area is a Miami Hurricanes fan, which team you think they're more likely also a fan of Raiders or 49ers? lol. Raiders and Miami are much more similar.
That’s true and I did think of that but you went to UM. The area you’re from seems more 9er but I wasn’t here when the raiders were.

Advertisement
We need to have a discussion of how the "San Francisco" 49ers actually play in San Jose now.....

WHY ARE THEY NOT CALLED THE SAN JOSE 49ers????

What??!

No. I gave my scenario by missing one of the two 4th downs meaning they went for the FG on the last one.

Missing the two 4th downs is what you saw tonight. An onside kick attempt (lower probability) than being tied with 6 minutes and 4 timeouts

Advertisement
Why would you have thought that?
If you were told a guy from the bay area is a Miami Hurricanes fan, which team you think they're more likely also a fan of Raiders or 49ers? lol. Raiders and Miami are much more similar.
No scorn for them leaving not once, but twice now? They are a special team because I think they still have a large presence of fans in LA 30 years after they left there as well.

I don't know. Maybe the Cardinals and Rams still get some love in St. Louis? Doubtful.

We need to have a discussion of how the "San Francisco" 49ers actually play in San Jose now.....

WHY ARE THEY NOT CALLED THE SAN JOSE 49ers????
Actually, isn't it Santa Clara?

For that matter, no team has played in NY in 40 years. It's the Miami Dolphins not the Miami Gardens Dolphins. Both LA teams play in Inglewood. Unless city land becomes cheaper than the suburbs, you'll see more and more of it.

Advertisement
What??!

No. I gave my scenario by missing one of the two 4th downs meaning they went for the FG on the last one.

Missing the two 4th downs is what you saw tonight. An onside kick attempt (lower probability) than being tied with 6 minutes and 4 timeouts
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

@TRick72

No scorn for them leaving not once, but twice now? They are a special team because I think they still have a large presence of fans in LA 30 years after they left there as well.

I don't know. Maybe the Cardinals and Rams still get some love in St. Louis? Doubtful.
I mean that's why I was mostly rooting for the Lions this year. But that was more cause I couldn't stand McDaniels and think Mark Davis is a dumbass.
But also there is a difference between like the Raiders and As. Most Bay Area people feel like Davis tried to actually stay in Oakland and it just couldn't work out - a lot of it having to do with him just not being one of the richer owners, and the city being a pile of **** that wouldn't pay for 8 games a year... whereas the As wanted to get out.

Advertisement
Back