OT - 49ers vs. Lions - NFC Championship

Advertisement
It’s for a few hours.
Sometimes that’s all we need

To dunk uninterrupted
Chicago Bulls Dunk GIF by NBA

and what you don't seem to get is they haven't trusted their kickers all season, and they've been playing this way all season. And it's got them to where they are. They were NOT bad decisions. You can argue either way about it, but it wasn't BAD decision making to go for it when they did. He put the players in the situations to win the game. He didn't call for them to fumble. He didn't call for the DBs to drop 2 passes Purdy threw directly to them. He didn't call for all the drops. There were like 5 in the 2nd half that could have been GAME-Changing completions.

It was a collective collapse. The decisions to go for it on 4th isn't as bad as a WR dropping wide *** open passes.
C’mon man, really?

Let’s put aside the fact that I like Dan and I am a huge Badge fan…

The whole second half was a collapse. Not because injuries per se. You don’t send Badgely out there from the 30 to tie it up?

Really? 35 and back maybe…but the 30 to tie it?

Wow reading this as a rams fan is awesome. Y’all were booing stafford a few games ago is a gotdam shame. Fools gold Goff got you.

Advertisement
C’mon man, really?

Let’s put aside the fact that I like Dan and I am a huge Badge fan…

The whole second half was a collapse. Not because injuries per se. You don’t send Badgely out there from the 30 to tie it up?

Really? 35 and back maybe…but the 30 to tie it?
Complaining about the 4th down play that they literally had but the WR plain *** dropped it is wild lol.
Put it this way I tell you you have 2 options:
A) You have a WR that your Qb throws to who is open, past the sticks, and gets his hands on the ball
B) Take chance at kicking the FG with the kicker you don't trust over 40.

And again the ramifications from that play/decision weren't close to as impactfully negative as the Gibbs fumble the very next drive.

Advertisement
I'm not saying close out in the sense they fully end it. I'm saying what if they are able to kill time down to like 1:20 and get Lions to waste timeouts? Tha'ts not a great situation either.

And then if Lions score are you then also going to kill them for going for 2 pt conversion? like The point I'm making is you're more annoyed about the timing of when they go for it, even though it's better to go for it early and fail then know what you have to do later on to offset that failure... Thats exactly why if you're down 15 it absolutely makes sense to go for the 2pt on the first td. Cause if you fail you know you still need 2 scores... whereas if you kick pat then go for 2pt on second td you likely ****ed yourself with clock management and lost the game outright...
Stop moving the goal post.

I gabe you the scenario of what was actually left.

And in your made up scenario of 1:20 left with no timeouts, that’s a statistical better probability of tying or winning the game vs trying to recover an on-side kick.

Advertisement
I'm not saying close out in the sense they fully end it. I'm saying what if they are able to kill time down to like 1:20 and get Lions to waste timeouts? Tha'ts not a great situation either.

And then if Lions score are you then also going to kill them for going for 2 pt conversion? like The point I'm making is you're more annoyed about the timing of when they go for it, even though it's better to go for it early and fail then know what you have to do later on to offset that failure... Thats exactly why if you're down 15 it absolutely makes sense to go for the 2pt on the first td. Cause if you fail you know you still need 2 scores... whereas if you kick pat then go for 2pt on second td you likely ****ed yourself with clock management and lost the game outright...

Stop moving the goal post.

I gabe you the scenario of what was actually left.

And in your made up scenario of 1:20 left with no timeouts, that’s a statistical better probability of tying or winning the game vs trying to recover an on-side kick.

IMG_4310.gif

@JHallCanes

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Advertisement

Yall ***** about how conservative shanahan is, but then ***** about Campbell going for it. In really all yall only sit here and judge the result and **** on the decision based on that, its bs imo.

Advertisement
Back