OT — Cobra Kai on Netflix

Advertisement
IT was a pretty good series and had some fun nostalgia to it.

It became too much of an unrealistic soap opera by the end of the second season though.

The big fight at school with all the kids was so weird. Karate Dojos all over California would be shut down and labeled as gangs if something like that really happened.
And where were all the teachers and faculty and staff? Security ? Just was so unbelievable and fake.

But overall I give it a "C" for a series on its own compared to other crap on Netflix and a "B" for the nostalgia and making me reminisce about the past.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Started it two ago wasn’t able to stop watching.

Great show, amazing story arches.

And it’s insane how great the show runners are at ending episodes in real cliff hangers...it’s a crazy bingeable show and you don’t even realize it at first.
I also like how the episodes are short. Cuts out all the filler and makes it fun to watch from start to finish.

Watched it on youtube when it came out. Very good show. Thought the ending to season 2 was a bit over the top. But other than that, love where the writers have taken it. Cant wait to see where the added netflix budget takes it.

The one thing hard to get over is how totally unathletic Ralph Macchio looks. While Billy Zabka looks believable in fight scenes, its the opposite for Macchio.

Last edited:
Its pretty good.

Didn't like the cliff hanger at the end of Season 2.

Think Macchios daughter is a total ******* tool. Actually like Miguel, hate Johnnys son pre cliffhanger.

Does seen like its going the soap opera route, not interested if it does.
It does seem like the story about Johnnys redemption could be told in one season.

Overall I liked it, but I'm a bit wary for Season 3.

Advertisement
It's so un-PC. lol
And I think that's one of my favorite things about it.
Kinda surprised they're not getting any backlash. Guess there's too many other agendas going on right now.
<Sigh>

I'm going to go ahead and tell the truth; I reported Captain Cane for using 'P' rhymes with 'litics. But realizing how silly it was, after I post this post, I'm going to report myself for the same thing and take the reply ban.

Yes, I agree, it's totally un-PC. I love it. It's shows a cold hard truth about PC culture; sometimes, in an imperfect world, you have to solve problems with imperfect solutions. I have found at 34 years of age, those that espouse PCness often contribute nothing to practical solutions.

"I'm offended" Is not an argument. It's not even a point.

Gonna go fall on my sword now. What's right for one should be right for everyone, and no one should be exempted from the rules, and while I agree with RVA about the football board should not have 'P' rhymes with 'litics leaking out of every *******, I shouldn't have reported you Captain. Sorry, bro. :)

Last edited:
If you like fight series, and haven't already seen it on Netflix, check out KINGDOM, an MMA family - 3 seasons. One of my sons got me into it, **** was it good. Talk about a Redemption Arc, this one is tragic, scorched earth. Very entertaining. The family is complicated, Jay is one crazy ****, love the character. Nick Jonas actually plays a pretty good role in this series.

There are some discussions about competition in it that are bone chillingly spot on.

Well I know what I'm watching today

Advertisement
<Sigh>

I'm going to go ahead and tell the truth; I reported Captain Cane for using 'P' rhymes with 'litics. But realizing how silly it was, after I post this post, I'm going to report myself for the same thing and take the reply ban.

Yes, I agree, it's totally un-PC. I love it. It's shows a cold hard truth about PC culture; sometimes, in an imperfect world, you have to solve problems with imperfect solutions. I have found at 34 years of age, those that espouse PCness often contribute nothing to practical solutions.

"I'm offended" Is not an argument. It's not even a point.

Gonna go fall on my sword now. What's right for one should be right for everyone, and no one should be exempted from the rules, and while I agree with RVA about the football board should not have 'P' rhymes with 'litics leaking out of every *******, I shouldn't have reported you Captain. Sorry, bro. :)
I don’t see anything troubling in this OT Karate Kid spin-off thread on Labor Day???

Advertisement
Binged watched it until 2AM this morning. Love the show.
If you like fight series, and haven't already seen it on Netflix, check out KINGDOM, an MMA family - 3 seasons. One of my sons got me into it, **** was it good. Talk about a Redemption Arc, this one is tragic, scorched earth. Very entertaining. The family is complicated, Jay is one crazy ****, love the character. Nick Jonas actually plays a pretty good role in this series.

There are some discussions about competition in it that are bone chillingly spot on.

Finished it about the same time..enjoyed it up until that Finale fight which was ridiculous.Looking forward to season 3 but I’m hoping that it’s trending toward a soap opera stops but I’m not sure how many more ways you can do this rivalry thing.

Advertisement
Back