OT — Cobra Kai on Netflix

Advertisement
I saw that on Netflix. Didn't it start on Youtube?
Yes, it was a YoutTube TV original, but YouTube realized it was going to be hard for them to compete with Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu — so they sold the rights of the show to Netflix.

Both of the first two seasons were produced by YouTube, but the upcoming season is being generated by Netflix.

I love how they’ve brought more depth to the original movies: making Daniel not as innocent as he was and a hothead while bringing a lot of morality and humor to Johnny. Loved the cobra Kai original member reunion trip episode. Even having Johnny reimagine what Daniels original role was in those movies as the antagonistic versus an innocent victims bordered between giving his character some line between delusion and truth. They’ve integrated original movie elements very well, too.

Advertisement
Just started a couple days ago. A few episodes into the first season, so it's funny timing to see a thread in here. I guess we're the target audience since we were young when the movie came out. I thought it was going to be just a silly sitcom but it's more than that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Would highly recommend to anyone who enjoyed the original “Karate Kid” movie.

Really entertaining first two seasons with another one coming in the near future.
Cobra Kai kill or die!!! Lol Johnny’s the man, every time the movie comes on TBS or TNT I still keep rooting for Johnny to whoop that little weakling Larussos ***! Unfortunately the past 35 years of hoping always ends the same way with the crane kick. Lol

If you like fight series, and haven't already seen it on Netflix, check out KINGDOM, an MMA family - 3 seasons. One of my sons got me into it, **** was it good. Talk about a Redemption Arc, this one is tragic, scorched earth. Very entertaining. The family is complicated, Jay is one crazy ****, love the character. Nick Jonas actually plays a pretty good role in this series.

There are some discussions about competition in it that are bone chillingly spot on.

Advertisement
Back