OSU Transfer

I doubt this happens.

Seen it before. This isn't the first kid who has wanted to transfer down here. Happens all the time. Kid gets it in his head that he wants to transfer. Then Urban Meyer, or some other coach, shows up out of the blue and shuts it down real quick.

He is at home until at least the start of next year surrounded by his family and friends. Home team (us) kicks ***, goes undefeated, goes to acccg and that is all she wrote and he transfers and plays in front if moms in every home gamr.

Read Pete's "The Work" from today.

UM is not currently interested or offering.

Advertisement
I like the hard line we're taking with SFL croots. If you bail on your home with a UM offer your bum *** can't come back when you realize Ohio, Tennessee, Bama or whatever hillbilly program sucks and you hate it there.

The real G move, what I would do, have him try to transfer as a regular student. Force his family to pay the 70k in tuition the year he's ineligible. Then if he earns a scholarship as a walk on the following year so be it. Let the local kids know that they're really ******** themselves hard if they pass on a UM offer.

I like the hard line we're taking with SFL croots. If you bail on your home with a UM offer your bum *** can't come back when you realize Ohio, Tennessee, Bama or whatever hillbilly program sucks and you hate it there.

The real G move, what I would do, have him try to transfer as a regular student. Force his family to pay the 70k in tuition the year he's ineligible. Then if he earns a scholarship as a walk on the following year so be it. Let the local kids know that they're really ******** themselves hard if they pass on a UM offer.

Your "real G move" is too extreme.. no kid would ever do that when FAU, USF, UCF, FIU etc. will gladly pay for his schooling

From osu 247
We cited a source in the BH last week that seemed confident Trevon Grimes would be back in Columbus when he was done dealing with family issues in South Florida.
We heard from the same source on Monday night. The news wasn't as positive this time.
"I know the original plan was to come back to Columbus," our source said. "I'm not so confident anymore. There are some things, it's not really my business to say or divulge, but I think this has taken a turn where it's not as certain he'll be back anymore. I'm not sure there's anything [Ohio State] can do. It's kind of out of their control. I personally hope he ends up back there, but I'm not really sure anymore what is going to happen."
Stay tuned....

Hmmm, hope the staff takes him
https://ohiostate.247sports.com/Board/120/Contents/Tuesday-Boarding-House-109065812

Advertisement
Do. Not. Want. Every kid south of I-4 should only get 1 shot. They pass, it's on them

Glad you are not in control of our recruiting. This kid is a take as long as he didnt commit any felonies or sleep with anybody on staff's wife (or significant other to be politically correct)

Do. Not. Want. Every kid south of I-4 should only get 1 shot. They pass, it's on them

Glad you are not in control of our recruiting. This kid is a take as long as he didnt commit any felonies or sleep with anybody on staff's wife (or significant other to be politically correct)

Not sure if you read The Work when this broke but Pete said that 1 shot for SFL is the new standard. No second chances. If he really wants to be down here he can take his talents to FAU and ball for Kiffin. We got 3 studs coming in at WR and a lot of young talent. He thought he was too good for the U last year. This year the U is too good for him

Advertisement
Well when he is making plays for us next year, I don’t want to see you get excited since you don’t want him here lol. He is a stud, and we are in no position to turn down players of his caliber. The kid is coming, so apparently the staff doesn’t agree with you about us being too good for him.

Well when he is making plays for us next year, I don’t want to see you get excited since you don’t want him here lol. He is a stud, and we are in no position to turn down players of his caliber. The kid is coming, so apparently the staff doesn’t agree with you about us being too good for him.

Yes we ARE. Golden got you shook. We're a top-10 team with the number 3 ranked signing class. If they pass they can choke on it while we go balling

I would love for you to be right HTown. A healthy Grimes is as talented of a prospect at WR we've ever had. People downplay his ability since he never really showed interest to ANYONE not named OSU. I can respect that, it's where he thought he was going and he never played games during his recruitment.

The fact that Urban prioritized him like he did, says two things to me. He wants his talent at OSU and he believes he'll be good to go health wise if he isn't already.

Advertisement

That's not how the real world works, in any profession. When it's appropriate, you put ego to the side and make an exception for the betterment of the organization.

From what I remember, this kid was the No.1 WR last year and is just simply battling an injury. Would be malpractice to turn him down because of hurt feelings.

Not sure if you read The Work when this broke but Pete said that 1 shot for SFL is the new standard. No second chances. If he really wants to be down here he can take his talents to FAU and ball for Kiffin. We got 3 studs coming in at WR and a lot of young talent. He thought he was too good for the U last year. This year the U is too good for him

Meh, Doubt theyd let this walk up to tally. Hes a 5 star talent essentily begging to stay home. You dont pass that up to your in state rivals.

Whether the staff is interested or not aside, a few things need to be taken into consideration that makes a "1 shot" rule dumb.

1) Are they elite, or not. Will they make our team better as soon as they walk on the field, and do we consider him better than at least one, or all of the recruits he will keep from getting a scholarship and at least one or all of the players currently on the roster.

if yes...

2) Why did he leave? Is he originally from out of state, or is he a bag casualty that is a walking NCAA violation? Did we really fight to get him, or was it assumed from the get go that he was destined to land at ____________.

3) Why is he coming back? Did he get in trouble, is he not as talented as everyone thought, are his grades ****, was there too much of a culture shock, or is there a family hardship.

For me, he seems to check all the right boxes in the above questions. And until we decide that we are TOO talented/too long a winning streat/too many national championship we have no business turning away roster upgrades.

I totally get the sentiment we are trying to hold onto, but I care more about winning games than I do about our recruiting image. Get the best players, win the most games. **** what anyone else thinks about it.

Advertisement
From osu 247
We cited a source in the BH last week that seemed confident Trevon Grimes would be back in Columbus when he was done dealing with family issues in South Florida.
We heard from the same source on Monday night. The news wasn't as positive this time.
"I know the original plan was to come back to Columbus," our source said. "I'm not so confident anymore. There are some things, it's not really my business to say or divulge, but I think this has taken a turn where it's not as certain he'll be back anymore. I'm not sure there's anything [Ohio State] can do. It's kind of out of their control. I personally hope he ends up back there, but I'm not really sure anymore what is going to happen."
Stay tuned....

https://ohiostate.247sports.com/Board/120/Contents/Tuesday-Boarding-House-109065812

and this is why i dont block brock.

Whether the staff is interested or not aside, a few things need to be taken into consideration that makes a "1 shot" rule dumb.

1) Are they elite, or not. Will they make our team better as soon as they walk on the field, and do we consider him better than at least one, or all of the recruits he will keep from getting a scholarship and at least one or all of the players currently on the roster.

if yes...

2) Why did he leave? Is he originally from out of state, or is he a bag casualty that is a walking NCAA violation? Did we really fight to get him, or was it assumed from the get go that he was destined to land at ____________.

3) Why is he coming back? Did he get in trouble, is he not as talented as everyone thought, are his grades ****, was there too much of a culture shock, or is there a family hardship.

For me, he seems to check all the right boxes in the above questions. And until we decide that we are TOO talented/too long a winning streat/too many national championship we have no business turning away roster upgrades.

I totally get the sentiment we are trying to hold onto, but I care more about winning games than I do about our recruiting image. Get the best players, win the most games. **** what anyone else thinks about it.

Good points.

Conversely, I still think the new 1 shot rule will yield more benefits and keep us in a stronger position with HS croots. Will add more leverage in living room negotiations. "If you go to XYZ state" you can't come transfer back. It will also add prestige to local offers.

F a "family hardship." Croots should be forced to think about them before skipping town.

Last edited:
From osu 247
Stay tuned....

Brock puts good info out we all don’t have the same
Beliefs on every topic. Plus when I get boried I look forward to the entertainment. He’s alway ****ing some one off always good for laughs

From osu 247
Stay tuned....

#DONTBLOCKBROCK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back