Orlando Franklin and Erik Flowers....

[]_[] swag;2270260 said:
Pretty sure Golden never had Orlando Franklin. You're just making **** up at this point

He had him one year I believe... Not enough to make a difference.

Never played for Golden. Was drafted in 2011.

2011 OL: Henderson, Figs, Washington, Linder, Feliciano, Lewis, Wheeler, and can't remember the rest.

Golden cost Washington lots of money. Projected first rounder going into his last year and then Golden moved him out of position.
I thought Washington left early

Advertisement

2011 OL: Henderson, Figs, Washington, Linder, Feliciano, Lewis, Wheeler, and can't remember the rest.

So like 4 of his 5 starters are in the NFL. He inherited a good line.

He inherited a good team. Plenty of guys, not counting his 2011 recruiting class are in the NFL. Most aren't garbage players and have been with the same franchise since they were drafted or picked up.
Miami would have won at least 10 games if Lamar miller, Olivier Vernon, Brandon Washington, tommy streeter, forston and those guys had stayed for the 2012 season. We had a mass exodus talent that left early now that I think about it

Why didn't he win 10 when he had them? Or at least 8? There's no guarantees with Al. We may have lost 7. That further refutes his lack of talent excuse.

[]_[] swag;2270260 said:
Pretty sure Golden never had Orlando Franklin. You're just making **** up at this point

Golden cost Washington lots of money. Projected first rounder going into his last year and then Golden moved him out of position.

Exactly! Wasn't an all conference player going into 2011? Then they moved him to tackle.

[]_[] swag;2270260 said:

He did but I assumed he lost faith in the staff. Went from all conference stud to dud with this staff.

[]_[] swag;2270260 said:

Easy there.

Washington was never a 1st round talent.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2270260 said:

Easy there.

Didn't you sleep with Dorito once?

Easy there.

Didn't you sleep with Dorito once?

Drrrr!!!

Awesome burn bro! :disgust:

[]_[] swag;2270260 said:

He did, but he was a high projection (potential top 50 pick) at guard and Golden moved him to tackle which caused him to drop significantly over that year. Kid was First Team All ACC as a Sophomore and entered his JR year on trophy watch lists such as Rotary Lombardy and Outland Awards. Scouts had him listed as a possible Pro Bowl caliber guard or even a pulling center. Instead he became a member of the Al Golden cost me money club. Golden even screwed him over in his Jr year by moving him to tackle for depth purposes and threatening his starting position because he was not a tackle.

Washington was also pretty clear he was bothered by that. "Of course it bothers me," he said when asked if having his job up for grabs gets under his skin. "Like I said I was an All-Conference guard and they asked me to move out there because of the injury to Seantrel. Now, they're telling me the three inside guys are solid. And that possibly won't change.

"It's a tough adjustment," Washington said of moving from guard to tackle. "I was a dominant guard. I was an all-conference guard. I was a preseason all-conference guard, preseason All-American guard. Something changed with me going to tackle. I didn't just all of a sudden start to dominate guys as a freshman. I was a starter my sophomore year in what they called my come out year. I knew I could play. I got confidence in it. [Then] they moved me to tackle. I could use another year at tackle, and come out and execute the way I did at guard."

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2270260 said:

Easy there.

It was never an official draft grade, just talking heads at the time, but to say he was not a 1st round talent is ignoring the context of the situation. I'm not saying that makes him a first round talent, but the kid was on the rise as a First Team All ACC guard, on multiple lineman watch lists and he was only a Sophomore. Play him 1 more year at guard where he was good at and he might go that high, but at the very least in the second round (this of course ignores the effects of the combine)

Instead Al plays him at Tackle, then threatens his starting job, because he's not as good there and the kid ends up in the 6th round and after a few rough seasons is now an NFL starter at guess what position? Guard.

Your stock doesn't drop from moving to a more athletic position.

If he was a "potential top 50 pick" at Guard then playing Tackle (a more athletic position) would only help his stock.

And NFL coaches have access to all of Washington's film. They could watch every play he had at Guard.

Your stock doesn't drop from moving to a more athletic position.

If he was a "potential top 50 pick" at Guard then playing Tackle (a more athletic position) would only help his stock.

And NFL coaches have access to all of Washington's film. They could watch every play he had at Guard.

By all means, tell me again about how struggling out of position can only help his position. I can usually agree with your points, but you're dead wrong on this one. Maybe it normally works otherwise, but not in this case.

04/29/2012 - A closer look at the Eagles' picks: Round 6/200 - Brandon Washington, G, 6-3 320, Miami...After thriving inside two years ago, Washington moved outside to tackle last season and struggled, which was a big reason he lasted this long. Eagles plan to move him back inside. - The Sports Xchange

12/07/2011 - The "open season" date for agents to begin recruiting underclassmen as possible early entrants into the 2012 NFL draft is Thursday, December 1st. At least one possible top 50 pick isn't waiting that long to announce that the agents might as well not even bother; he's returning for his senior season. Miami offensive lineman Brandon Washington, a 6-4, 330 pound junior with high level starting experience at left tackle and left guard, told beat writers that he's coming back. "Yes, I'm going to be here," Washington said emphatically, adding "because I see the change in the program, I see the change in the kids and I see how everybody's buying in." Washington hadn't received the national attention of a David DeCastro (Stanford) or a Cordy Glenn (Georgia), but like these two men, he was being projected as a possible first round pick. Washington claims that he may not even submit his name for a grade from the NFL Advisory Committee because he is so firm with his decision. He cited the fact that in returning to school, he'd be on pace to graduate - an accomplishment that no one in his family had previously been able to do. Though Washington played well outside at tackle, most project him back inside at guard in the NFL. Washington has a short, stock build. He is surprisingly light on his feet and plays with intensity and physicality. The feeling among scouts is that Washington could play outside at the next level, but he could become a Pro Bowl caliber guard. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

Easy there.

It was never an official draft grade, just talking heads at the time, but to say he was not a 1st round talent is ignoring the context of the situation. I'm not saying that makes him a first round talent, but the kid was on the rise as a First Team All ACC guard, on multiple lineman watch lists and he was only a Sophomore. Play him 1 more year at guard where he was good at and he might go that high, but at the very least in the second round (this of course ignores the effects of the combine)

Instead Al plays him at Tackle, then threatens his starting job, because he's not as good there and the kid ends up in the 6th round and after a few rough seasons is now an NFL starter at guess what position? Guard.

He has never started In 3 years with the rams.

I'm sure if he played guard his senior season the rams could figure out that he is a pro bowl talent though...

lol

Advertisement
Feliciano played Guard and Tackle just like Washington did. Did Feliciano's stock fluctuate or did the NFL watch film of him playing both and come up with an ultimate draft grade?

No NFL scout is gonna say "Washington was great when he played Guard but he struggled at Tackle, so we don't want him at Guard anymore."

Washington's stock at Guard was high but all of a sudden it dropped cause he played some Tackle? Makes zero sense.

When NFL scouts watched Washington struggle at Tackle I'm sure they all knew that he was a true Guard and only played Tackle for the sake of the team. They're not dumb. They're not gonna say "well he struggled at a tougher position so we don't want him at Guard anymore."

Playing Tackle can only help a Guard's stock, not hurt it. Any true Guard...especially a small one like Washington...would be expected to struggle at Tackle.

Feliciano was a better Guard than Washington and he went in the 4th. Washington's 6th round pick was spot on. If he was a stud Guard he'd be a staple in the starting line-up by now.

Easy there.

He has never started In 3 years with the rams.

I'm sure if he played guard his senior season the rams could figure out that he is a pro bowl talent though...

lol

Brandon Washington hopes to seize opportunity/PD | Rams ON DEMAND

LOL if you want, but he was the starter last week. I never said anything about the past 3 years. I said NOW.

"On the game’s fourth play from scrimmage, veteran Rodger Saffold went down with an apparent shoulder injury and, just like that, Washington joined the Rams’ starting unit at left guard."

Also confirmed by Omar Kelly

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/635607727708860416

Former UM O-lineman Brandon Washington is starting for the Rams at OG. He's had a tough journey, but has talent.

Advertisement
"Washington… if this guy makes it past the first round of cuts then he must have pictures of Fisher. Aside from one play he was pretty much awful and showed a lack of speed, strength and situational awareness."

from their sbnation site...

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/8/26/9211487/o-line-horror-show-vs-the-titans-play-by-play

He was awful last week. Rams starting guards are injured.

Last edited:
Feliciano played Guard and Tackle just like Washington did. Did Feliciano's stock fluctuate or did the NFL watch film of him playing both and come up with an ultimate draft grade?

No NFL scout is gonna say "Washington was great when he played Guard but he struggled at Tackle, so we don't want him at Guard anymore."

Washington's stock at Guard was high but all of a sudden it dropped cause he played some Tackle? Makes zero sense.

When NFL scouts watched Washington struggle at Tackle I'm sure they all knew that he was a true Guard and only played Tackle for the sake of the team. They're not dumb. They're not gonna say "well he struggled at a tougher position so we don't want him at Guard anymore."

That's fine by all normal standards, but I know what I read, I know what I saw, and it wouldn't be the first guy Golden has caused a fall in his draft stock.

You're also comparing Feliciano who was drafted a senior playing 39 starts at LG and 7 at the Tackle spots in his time here (spot duty in his draft notes). At best he was an honorable mention for All ACC. There was consistency at one position over the majority of his time here which is what scouts are going to review. His lack of Athleticism was also noted as a weakness for the draft which became abundantly clear while he was playing tackle.

Compare that to Washington who was a sophomore when he was First team All ACC, on multiple award watch lists and constantly grading out over 90% at guard and then asked to start an entire season at Tackle his Junior year before going pro, a season in which his coach constantly threw him under the bus. To say that the most recent season does not stand out over game tape is a joke as you see how many guys stay an extra year somewhere and freefall in a draft from a bad year.

Again there's what should normally happen (review history/tapes) and then there is what happened here. I even bolded it for you man. Now you got me wasting time proving a point I already provided evidence for. Take it how you want.

"Washington… if this guy makes it past the first round of cuts then he must have pictures of Fisher. Aside from one play he was pretty much awful and showed a lack of speed, strength and situational awareness."

from their sbnation site...

O line horror show Vs the Titans play-by-play - Turf Show Times

He was awful last week. Rams starting guards are injured.

Fair enough which I posted the guard was injured, but it doesn't change the fact he was starting. Tom Brady was a backup that only got in due to injury too. I'm not saying Washington is Tom Brady, but the kid is starting regardless of how he looks at this point. He couldn't have been too bad to get put into that position.

So like 4 of his 5 starters are in the NFL. He inherited a good line.

He inherited a good team. Plenty of guys, not counting his 2011 recruiting class are in the NFL. Most aren't garbage players and have been with the same franchise since they were drafted or picked up.
Miami would have won at least 10 games if Lamar miller, Olivier Vernon, Brandon Washington, tommy streeter, forston and those guys had stayed for the 2012 season. We had a mass exodus talent that left early now that I think about it

You are a blowhard.

Golden has never won 10 games. He won 6 with a ton of high end talent last year.

Advertisement
Back