Oregon RB Dye hits the Portal

Advertisement
Like Knighton but he ran for a wapping 3.9 yards per carry last year. I do think he’s much better than that, but we need elite backs.

Like Knighton but he ran for a wapping 3.9 yards per carry last year. I do think he’s much better than that, but we need elite backs.

Amazing how many haters I have seen in the last day in regards to Rooster. Kid carried the load when we had no other options to help.

He was clearly playing banged up and warn down and still produced. I don’t care about YPC you see them **** run plays and o-line we had?

Rooster is a baller and playmaker.

1 more year in the weight room should really help him.

Couple times he tripped himself which means he is still gaining strength and coordination with his athletic traits. Y’all super sleeping on him as a major weapon for this offense

Advertisement
yall need to stop with the term "haters" referencing people critiquing our current roster.

I like Knighton, but he's got some flaws. He's a really good back...but you can upgrade. Travis Dye would be an upgrade...but that doesn't mean Knighton is reduced in any way, he'd still get his marketshare of the offense. Maybe he'd be more efficient as a result.

Adding both Travis Dye and Henry Parrish...that's called real competition. If a player has to transfer, then he's gotta transfer. Good luck. That's a cream will rise to the top room with a new bar, and thats called attrition.

Amazing how many haters I have seen in the last day in regards to Rooster. Kid carried the load when we had no other options to help.

He was clearly playing banged up and warn down and still produced. I don’t care about YPC you see them **** run plays and o-line we had?

Rooster is a baller and playmaker.

1 more year in the weight room should really help him.

Couple times he tripped himself which means he is still gaining strength and coordination with his athletic traits. Y’all super sleeping on him as a major weapon for this offense
Rooster is a super solid back... We asked a lot of him this year and he delivered. I agree with a little more size and strength he is going to be very good. I'm glad we have him!

Last edited:
yall need to stop with the term "haters" referencing people critiquing our current roster.

I like Knighton, but he's got some flaws. He's a really good back...but you can upgrade. Travis Dye would be an upgrade...but that doesn't mean Knighton is reduced in any way, he'd still get his marketshare of the offense. Maybe he'd be more efficient as a result.

Adding both Travis Dye and Henry Parrish...that's called real competition. If a player has to transfer, then he's gotta transfer. Good luck. That's a cream will rise to the top room with a new bar, and thats called attrition.
Other than catching th eball there is nothing Travis Dye is as an upgrade over Rooster.

Like he isnt faster, more elusive, sudden, footwork...nothing. In fact im more cool on Parrish than Dye.

Advertisement
Other than catching th eball there is nothing Travis Dye is as an upgrade over Rooster.

Like he isnt faster, more elusive, sudden, footwork...nothing. In fact im more cool on Parrish than Dye.

You on another planet rn, brother.

We're talking about a Power 5 back with over 1200 rush yards and 15 TDs at 6.0ypc back with a career 4000 scrimmage yards, 30 career touchdowns versus a guy with 4.0 career ypc, whose best season was 581/8. Again, I like Knighton, but Dye is just a better player. Like, we could have only hoped we get from Knighton what Dye has already given. We'd be marking out if Knighton was a 1200/15 at 6ypc player. But, he's not...and he's not yet even close.

Knighton's got the attributes to do it, sure. But Dye's already done it.

We're talking about a Power 5 back with over 1200 rush yards and 15 TDs at 6.0ypc back with a career 4000 scrimmage yards, 30 career touchdowns versus a guy with 4.0 career ypc, whose best season was 581/8. Again, I like Knighton, but Dye is just a better player. Like, we could have only hoped we get from Knighton what Dye has already given. We'd be marking out if Knighton was a 1200/15 at 6ypc player. But, he's not...and he's not yet even close.

Lol @ you spouting stats.

Go watch the young mans "highlight tape" from just this year.

AGAIN.....DO YOU KNOW WHAT KNIGHTON WOULD HAVE DONE BEHIND THAT OREGON OL?.

spouting off his td #s mean nothing to me i go off the tape. He isnt getting hit or making guys miss...at all. His ol are opening holes the size of 826 expressway. I was almost 3 mins in to his tape b4 there was a play he had to break a tackle and it was a 4yd run against stony brook.

he catches better...that maybe it. He doesnt have the feet, acceleration, and to be honest Knighton runs just as hard as well. Dude is a small straight line runner with not much juice. Going to see where he chooses to transfer to and how he plays at that school.

Go to the 2:18 mark..... He doesnt have the ability to make a dead leg cut and then juice up and out run the angle of a player as easily as Knighton did this

Advertisement

If Knighton was at Oregon last year he’d be the best RB on the team.

Advertisement
Lol @ you spouting stats.

Go watch the young mans "highlight tape" from just this year.

AGAIN.....DO YOU KNOW WHAT KNIGHTON WOULD HAVE DONE BEHIND THAT OREGON OL?.

spouting off his td #s mean nothing to me i go off the tape. He isnt getting hit or making guys miss...at all. His ol are opening holes the size of 826 expressway. I was almost 3 mins in to his tape b4 there was a play he had to break a tackle and it was a 4yd run against stony brook.

he catches better...that maybe it. He doesnt have the feet, acceleration, and to be honest Knighton runs just as hard as well. Dude is a small straight line runner with not much juice. Going to see where he chooses to transfer to and how he plays at that school.

Go to the 2:18 mark..... He doesnt have the ability to make a dead leg cut and then juice up and out run the angle of a player as easily as Knighton did this

I'm not even going to critique Knighton, because why? I think he's a good running back. But, you're hoping he can become what Travis Dye already is and hope that's a + version of him. Knighton's got some better attributes than Dye, for sure. You're hoping he can become Dye WITH the ability to finish runs with the long speed, to make that dead leg cut highlight play. But I think you're trying too hard here.

Dye's navigation through some tight holes (heh) especially in the red zone, when the OL does their job is impressive...you act like every runner can produce when the OL does their job, but there's some smart, veteran choices he makes and there's subtle movements he's making to get just enough to get in there for the score when less savvy runners would still get stopped short, or they'd make the wrong cut, etc. Runs with a lot of purpose and conviction (I strongly disagree about his feet and acceleration, I think these are both + attributes, especially behind the LOS, into the next level and its why he's been so successful when the OL does their job. Watch him in the red zone, he's not hesitating, overthinking, whatever. He gets the ball, he's got a plan to get to the endzone, and gets there.

You want to dismiss a ridiculously productive career as a runner in the Power 5 for abstracts? By all means. I think Knighton COULD BE a souped up version of Dye...but he's not there yet, and I wouldn't pass up Dye in the hopes that we have a souped up version of him. I'd take both and see if the cream can rise. But I think Dye would show up and be the best RB on campus off rip.

Knighton will never get hawked down. Never. His explosiveness and speed is on a other level than Dye.

Knighton is a lot tougher than his size indicates as well. Looks for contact and doesn’t always go sown on 1st contact. Hands are solid as well and is truly a weapon out if the backfield.

Regardless i feel another RB whether portal or incoming Freshman is necessary for reasons stated in previous posts by others. Knighton is prob best as a change of pace guy and Chaney who can be a bell cow is coming off a torn acl and has had shoulder issues in the past. Not a good combo for a RB.

Parrish i would be happy with.

The big boys are stacked 5-7 legit deep on RB

Advertisement
Back