Oregon RB Dye hits the Portal

Why do we have to compare Rooster to other backs. We need help in the RB room and if we get Dye or Parrish so be it. But one thing is certain we need more bodies in that room and if we land a player like Dye im not complaining.
Its a recruiting board. Its just discussion.

Dye and Knighton are roughly the same size, Dye just hit the portal , and apparently we are in the thoughts for a portal back.

It really should be comparing of Parrish and Dye.

Not spoken about much but should have been used even more in the szn was Brashard Smith getting more carries other than the motion hand off...He legitimately has abaility with toss sweeps, reverses, etc. If it came too it last year i wanted him to get 3-5 carries a game towards the end of the year..like in games they were giving Knighton 30 carries lol

Advertisement
Those ****ers have taken over Plantation. I am surrounded.

No shlt. A perfect example of an invasive species overrunning everything. I’m in favor of killing all of them. My wife looks at them and is like “how amazing, look at that dinosaur looking bloke, isn’t it neat”, and I tell her “no it’s not neat, it sucks”. KILL THEM ALL.

Its a recruiting board. Its just discussion.

Dye and Knighton are roughly the same size, Dye just hit the portal , and apparently we are in the thoughts for a portal back.

It really should be comparing of Parrish and Dye.

Not spoken about much but should have been used even more in the szn was Brashard Smith getting more carries other than the motion hand off...He legitimately has abaility with toss sweeps, reverses, etc. If it came too it last year i wanted him to get 3-5 carries a game towards the end of the year..like in games they were giving Knighton 30 carries lol

Clearly you're not big on Dye, and I haven't done the extensive film review. In their game action I saw he gave me the Travis Homer vibe.

No shlt. A perfect example of an invasive species overrunning everything. I’m in favor of killing all of them. My wife looks at them and is like “how amazing, look at that dinosaur looking bloke, isn’t it neat”, and I tell her “no it’s not neat, it sucks”. KILL THEM ALL.
A tracker came through because something killed a duck in my yard.

Dude sid the **** iguanas lay like 60+ eggs. They are taking over everywhere and i never saw them in my area.

I try to run em over in the street when i see..dude said we just need to kill em beczause its become a legit problem

Clearly you're not big on Dye, and I haven't done the extensive film review. In their game action I saw he gave me the Travis Homer vibe.

Homer is/was bigger and faster. But i can see it...looks like guys that get all they an out of each carry when there in right?.

Im not big on dye correct.

Im also from S.FLA and a UM fan so im use to elite running backs. If you aint elite im not gonna sing much praises from what these eyes have truly seen.

Advertisement
A tracker came through because something killed a duck in my yard.

Dude sid the **** iguanas lay like 60+ eggs. They are taking over everywhere and i never saw them in my area.

I try to run em over in the street when i see..dude said we just need to kill em beczause its become a legit problem

For real. We could literally take them and feed every person in the world there’s so **** many of them.

Check the bolded. I have called him a straight line runner. There is a reason there isnt any hesitating or overthinking...its because the **** whole is wide the **** open, and thats his run style (see what Cam Harris does with a wide open hole going downhill). Me playing OL my whole football experience i typically can pick out a good runner, ol, and dl rather easily in evaluation.

He's productive. But so is Anthony ****** Brown the qb from BC running the ball there. Your dismissing the PRODUCTIVITY of their ol and play calling. The Verdell kid is easily better than him as well. Quite honestly Crispian Atkins likely runs for more than 300+ yards behind that OL.

If all of our rbs are healthy a footrace....dude is likely fighting for fourth with 230-240 freshman Thad Franklin. He is slow.

he is productive as ****...Not a bum. I just dont think he is a better runner than Knighton or even Chaney. He is a straightline runner...a straight line runner that gets killed on heer is Cam HARRIS. This kid wishes he had the long speed of Cam Harris.

I like his catching ability. Hes nice out of the backfield. Doesnt appear to fumble much either. I personally dont think he would be the best rb on campus and i **** sure dont think he would work all too well behind our ol. He has pedigree as his brother was a baller there to and a work ethic. But he likely wants to go somewhere and be the guy...he wont be that in our backfield.
There is more finesse in his game than simply a straight line runner. Lots of little, subtle movements setting up defenders for extra yards. He's not stank legging anyone, but he's a veteran that can manipulate defenders because he's running with a plan.

He's not SLOW, brother. He definitely doesn't have long speed, but he can get to the third level of a defense in a hurry.

I think he's a better RUNNER than Knighton. But I think Knighton is a better athlete that could stand to learn a thing or two from what makes Dye so successful. If Knighton can unlock some of the nuance that Travis Dye presents as a runner to ultimately produce as much as Dye...sure, but again, there are still questions if Knighton could reproduce what Dye has already done. I'm not dismissing Oregon's OL...its very good, but there is a skill...more often than not, its an acquired skill...to anticipating defenders, setting them up, waiting on your OL, letting plays happen, not rushing to a spot, knowing when to hit the accelerator and knowing when to let your footwork set yourself to explode when the hole opens...that's Dye. That's his whole highlight reel. Its a different set of skills than Knighton. Honestly, its a skillset a ton of our backs have lacked of recent vintage.

IMO, Chaney is a lotto ticket. He's been injured in both seasons so far. He's very talented, but until he's reliable, he is what he is and I don't pass on players because he exists.

As for Verdell...I'd take him, too...so, yeah.

There is more finesse in his game than simply a straight line runner. Lots of little, subtle movements setting up defenders for extra yards. He's not stank legging anyone, but he's a veteran that can manipulate defenders because he's running with a plan.

He's not SLOW, brother. He definitely doesn't have long speed, but he can get to the third level of a defense in a hurry.

I think he's a better RUNNER than Knighton. But I think Knighton is a better athlete that could stand to learn a thing or two from what makes Dye so successful. If Knighton can unlock some of the nuance that Travis Dye presents as a runner to ultimately produce as much as Dye...sure, but again, there are still questions if Knighton could reproduce what Dye has already done. I'm not dismissing Oregon's OL...its very good, but there is a skill...more often than not, its an acquired skill...to anticipating defenders, setting them up, waiting on your OL, letting plays happen, not rushing to a spot, knowing when to hit the accelerator and knowing when to let your footwork set yourself to explode when the hole opens...that's Dye. That's his whole highlight reel. Its a different set of skills than Knighton. Honestly, its a skillset a ton of our backs have lacked of recent vintage.

IMO, Chaney is a lotto ticket. He's been injured in both seasons so far. He's very talented, but until he's reliable, he is what he is and I don't pass on players because he exists.

Very well said. And Verdell is a **** good player. Also, when healthy.

Advertisement

He's slow brah...

He gets walked in rather easily in the pac 12 that doesnt have the same type of athletes that the acc has on defense. There are plays on his highlight tape where the qb Brown is walking him down to make a block.

He isnt faster than Knighton, Chaney, Cam Harris....he would be fighting with a 240 pd back in Thad Franklin for fourth.

We differ in opinion on him..i dont see all tthe subtleness and stuff your speaking oF. I swear to hear your description of him you would think this dude is Frank Gore ( your description would be mines of Frank). lol His highlight tape of 2021 was legit boring...because of what his line play did for him with runs. Again Oregons qb ran for almost 700 behind that line.
Knighton is younger than him ...and hasnt played in front of that type of ol, and missed games due to suspension and still got 800 all purpose...and our ol would have trouble blocking the Little Giants in the run game...and we had 2 running plays all zone read.

Gun to your head would you take him over our latest two nfL RBS?.

He's slow brah...

He gets walked in rather easily in the pac 12 that doesnt have the same type of athletes that the acc has on defense. There are plays on his highlight tape where the qb Brown is walking him down to make a block.

He isnt faster than Knighton, Chaney, Cam Harris....he would be fighting with a 240 pd back in Thad Franklin for fourth.

We differ in opinion on him..i dont see all tthe subtleness and stuff your speaking oF. I swear to hear your description of him you would think this dude is Frank Gore ( your description would be mines of Frank). lol His highlight tape of 2021 was legit boring...because of what his line play did for him with runs. Again Oregons qb ran for almost 700 behind that line.
Knighton is younger than him ...and hasnt played in front of that type of ol, and missed games due to suspension and still got 800 all purpose...and our ol would have trouble blocking the Little Giants in the run game...and we had 2 running plays all zone read.

Gun to your head would you take him over our latest two nfL RBS?.
I wouldn't take him over Knighton but I don't trust Chaney's health.

How can anyone at this point?

Still, Knighton is the starter until proven otherwise.

Check the bolded. I have called him a straight line runner. There is a reason there isnt any hesitating or overthinking...its because the **** whole is wide the **** open, and thats his run style (see what Cam Harris does with a wide open hole going downhill). Me playing OL my whole football experience i typically can pick out a good runner, ol, and dl rather easily in evaluation.

He's productive. But so is Anthony ****** Brown the qb from BC running the ball there. Your dismissing the PRODUCTIVITY of their ol and play calling. The Verdell kid is easily better than him as well. Quite honestly Crispian Atkins likely runs for more than 300+ yards behind that OL.

If all of our rbs are healthy a footrace....dude is likely fighting for fourth with 230-240 freshman Thad Franklin. He is slow.

he is productive as ****...Not a bum. I just dont think he is a better runner than Knighton or even Chaney. He is a straightline runner...a straight line runner that gets killed on heer is Cam HARRIS. This kid wishes he had the long speed of Cam Harris.

I like his catching ability. Hes nice out of the backfield. Doesnt appear to fumble much either. I personally dont think he would be the best rb on campus and i **** sure dont think he would work all too well behind our ol. He has pedigree as his brother was a baller there to and a work ethic. But he likely wants to go somewhere and be the guy...he wont be that in our backfield.

Knighton is a good third down scatback but we need a true 1000 yard bell cow

Advertisement
At gogetas funeral right before the prayer the preacher will yell " the pac 12 sucks". He's been ****ting on the pac 12 since I can remember lol.
I aint stopping either. Im a night owl n love football im always watching thei pac 12sh*t and wondering how they have almost the same talent level that i see in MACtion games on Tuesday nights. lol

Advertisement
I aint stopping either. Im a night owl n love football im always watching thei pac 12sh*t and wondering how they have almost the same talent level that i see in MACtion games on Tuesday nights. lol
I love the late games. I’m a night owl too and love that there are games on late at night that I can stay up and watch and hate myself when I have to wake up at 7 in the morning

If Knighton was at Oregon last year he’d be the best RB on the team.
I'm not so sure about that - CJ Verdell and Seven McGee both look really, really good from what I've seen.

I think Knighton is an NFL player, btw, but those two would give him a run for his money.

Knighton will never get hawked down. Never. His explosiveness and speed is on a other level than Dye.

Knighton is a lot tougher than his size indicates as well. Looks for contact and doesn’t always go sown on 1st contact. Hands are solid as well and is truly a weapon out if the backfield.

Regardless i feel another RB whether portal or incoming Freshman is necessary for reasons stated in previous posts by others. Knighton is prob best as a change of pace guy and Chaney who can be a bell cow is coming off a torn acl and has had shoulder issues in the past. Not a good combo for a RB.

Parrish i would be happy with.
A little off topic but I'd love for Knighton to gain 10-15 lbs, he's too small.

Advertisement
Back