Oregon Extension on the Table for Mario

That's what it takes to get anyone the way CFB is going at the moment. Well worth it if you think he's the guy.
If you fail to get Cristobal (or Kiffin) due to money then your whole campaign about a new "dedication" to football and athletics in general is instantly rendered impotent.

So they simply can't fail here if it ends up coming down to a couple more mil per year than their anticipated "max" offer. I was told specifically that "money will not be an issue" in direct relation to the AD hire and coach search.

Advertisement
Oregon will always be able to outbid UM. The questions are whether Miami will get close (it needs to be $8-9M per in my opinion), and whether he wants to come home.

If it's purely about $$, he stays out west.

Do you think Oregon is going to make Mario Cristobal the highest paid HC in the country? Unless you think that is going to happen, I don't believe getting outbid should be a significant concern.

Advertisement
I don't think Mario's decision is gonna come down to a few bucks. It's gonna be whether he feels he haa the support from uptop and autonomy.
Well, then the door will be closed for at least 5 years or longer. Miami has to move on. At some point a buyout of biblical proportions is not worth it unless his name starts with either an S or U and ends with an N or R.

Auburn. My 2nd team last year and this year only.
2nd team????

Major Eye Roll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why are some of you freaking out about money? Money ain't a problem here.

Let it play out. If the program is taking it seriously like they said they were going to, we got this in the bag.

the administration backed themselves into this corner

they are going to overpay for Mario - who I'm not 100% sold on because of their statement about reinvesting in the football program

or

they are going to be beat out and look like a complete incompetent bunch and we won't contend for another big name coach for a decade plus

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back