Oregon Extension on the Table for Mario

Advertisement
If we want to be a big-time program, you need to pay whoever market rate salaries. Plus, this will send a message that amateur hour at the Hecht is over and we're serious about winning.

Huh? I thought that report said OREGON not Miami, referring to a extension.
I just mean none of this is new information, we were always going after mario.

if you're going to wait all week to not release it to the public (talking about reporters too) then why do it right before kickoff?

either do it a week or go or wait until after the game, idk just my opinion

Advertisement
The oldtimers would like this post and song from the late great Jackie Gleason from the Honeymooners which I used to watch in Black and White TV on WKOR, Channel 9, in New York City.

Advertisement
the administration backed themselves into this corner

they are going to overpay for Mario - who I'm not 100% sold on because of their statement about reinvesting in the football program

or

they are going to be beat out and look like a complete incompetent bunch and we won't contend for another big name coach for a decade plus
I'm rather baffled by this idea we now should go on the cheap. Whether he's your 1st choice or not Mario is a top tier coach and the market right now is in the ballpark of 10M/yr. So if we want a big name that's what we gotta spend. Lane ain't coming significantly cheaper, if cheaper at all.

Show momma the Gables by the sea house new car every 6 months oh and unlimited credit card loaded with Mario’s 54’ Striker yacht tied up .

All as incidentals included

DONE
striker? who the **** has a striker? maybe Viking or Paul Mann or Bayliss

This amount bothered me to be honest as i think the new contracts are insane (none of these guys deserve that much), but 8-8.5 would actually be a pretty good deal imo as i think the new market will be even crazier going forward and this will lock the rate in for at least a few years.
If we can afford 8 mill for him plus properly earmarked funds for his staff, recruiting department, and S&C/nutrition its hard to see him nor coming home.

Advertisement
I'm concerned with how much we will pay his staff if we pay 10 mil a year for him. I do not want another situation like we had with Richt. I loved Richt, but his staff was cheap.
I don't think Mario would agree to this job if money was a concern. Let's use common sense here...Cribby has been preaching that Mario would only listen if we were going to take everything seriously. Oregon news leaks out today that they're aggressively working on a contract extension...that's because they know we're not f'ing around anymore, and panicking.

Stay positive boys, we got this.

I don't think Mario's decision is gonna come down to a few bucks. It's gonna be whether he feels he has the support from uptop and autonomy.
It's gonna come down to Frenk giving him the keys to the Kingdom; and realizing our mediocre football program brought more heat and media attention to his doorstep than anything he's accomplished at Miami should tell him everything he needs to know about being President at The []__[].

I'm sure he "gets it" now.

Last edited:
Phil Knight ain't going down without a fight eh?

Match it and we don't have to worry about anything.
569c42ad14855c5b36149f55ef148b71.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back