Orange Bowl vs Bama

Advertisement
GT has been playing better as they year has progressed under their first year coach. They just handed GT their worst loss of the season.

ND blows *** I understand, but they have an above average defense and winning in South Bend is impossible with those refs.

If you choose to say WF was grossly overrated then that's on you. They've been playing better than any team in the coastal and better than anyone in the ACC and they destroyed them even before their massive injuries.

I know people on here think winning big against teams that aren't "impressive" means nothing, but comprehensively beating any P5 team is a great sign in my book and I think VT is nearly assured winning next week and has a great chance in a rivalry game against UVA.
Maybe this is semantics. So you're saying they can just as well lose, or no? Because that's all I'm saying. It sounded to me like you were guaranteeing VT rolled through those two teams. I've watched them play. I think VT is shaky. Their offense against UVA's defense is likely going to make that away game a toss-up. We shall see.

*BTW, I don't see it with WF. Watched them inch by FSU. Watched them against UNC. Watched Louisville put nearly 60 points on them. And, watched the VT game. Solid overachieving team that is well-prepared and coached. That's about it.

Maybe this is semantics. So you're saying they can just as well lose, or no? Because that's all I'm saying. It sounded to me like you were guaranteeing VT rolled through those two teams. I've watched them play. I think VT is shaky. Their offense against UVA's defense is likely going to make that away game a toss-up. We shall see.

*BTW, I don't see it with WF. Watched them inch by FSU. Watched them against UNC. Watched Louisville put nearly 60 points on them. And, watched the VT game. Solid overachieving team that is well-prepared and coached. That's about it.
And no one had come close to comprehensively beating WF until VT got a hold of them. That counts for something in my book.

For the next two games, I'd say it's near certainty they beat Pitt and considering it's a rivalry game at UVA, I'd say it'll be closer than it should be but VT should still win easily.

UVA just struggled to get by GT at home last week and VT just demolished them.

Lmfao we beat the worst Noles team in half a century and an AAC level program and now we can beat Bama? This is why we keep extending corches bc all it takes is one win and guys think we are back. It’s so pathetic.

Pathetic. Kind of like your troll account.

Advertisement
Him being the lowest graded Power 5 OL in the country?

It's not the same O-line it was early, especially against UF. Watched Bama multiple times, their defense this year isn't what it has been in the past, Not predicting a win, but think the massive blowout curb stomping some on here are is a little exaggerated imo.

I don't pay attention to past Bama players, but do you think those draft eligible players have the guts to tell Saban they're sitting out the bowl game

No you're right...

We'd smack'em around just like we did LSU, Wisconsin & UF, this team has shown not only do we have the talent to keep up with Bama but our Coaching is on an equal if not superior level to there's.
I don't know where to get the yayo. Out of circulation.

Gettin in the OB is a huge, huge long shot. But if we did and played Bama, it would be an absolute nightmare. We would get beat by 30 points, No thanks.
Having more lawyers on this board, especially one day go brags about it by his screen name is the real nightmare. Go change your screen name and come back.
Unless you do something dull like trusts and estates where it's less likely you're a lying sneak.

Advertisement
If no acc teams are ranked, then I think the Orange Bowl takes Miami over VT. Bowl games arent a meritocracy, they are about who fills the stadium and gets ratings. Miami would be much better than VT as a draw at the Orange Bowl. VT would probably do better at the Music City Bowl. I think the OB committee would take Miami over VT, even if they win the coastal (as long as both unranked).

Sounds weird to even think this, but I wonder how well Bama travels for that game. First time not in a playoff game in forever. Best players either hurt or not playing. Add to that a less than inspiring matchup where bama has nothing to prove and I could see their fanbase not being very enthusiastic.

Miami bama wont happen because the 2021 game precludes it. Get ready for the **** paso bowl.
I disagree. It would actually be used as a marketing play. Give the fans a preview of 2021. Game would be sold out cause Bama fans travel no matter what and Canes fans would show up for a marquee game at home. I think we'd have a 50/50 chance of winning an Alabama matchup. They not only lost Tua, but 3 of their better players got injured (WR Henry Ruggs, DL Raekwon Davis, and DL DJ Dale). Not sure how long they're out, but the fact that the team saw 4 guys get injured would cause several guys to sit out of a bowl game that would be meaningless to them given their team expectations of a CFP run. The Bama defense is not as good as past defenses, but would still be the best defense we'd face this season.

Advertisement
Why's everyone scared to play Bama? If we're going to lose recruits from how we've played this season, we would've lost them already. Give this team the experience to play the big boys so we don't crap our pants against Clemson again next year. Doesn't matter if we lose, we aren't playing for the national title, but the experience of playing Bama is invaluable.

Sounds weird to even think this, but I wonder how well Bama travels for that game. First time not in a playoff game in forever. Best players either hurt or not playing. Add to that a less than inspiring matchup where bama has nothing to prove and I could see their fanbase not being very enthusiastic.
Their fans travel anywhere no matter what. Come on. We're talking about a state that has no pro sports or any type social entertainment at a professional level other than the one's that are illegal. Their fans follow Alabama football more than Green Bay, New England, and Dallas fans combined. They'll be there. Although, I do believe some will stay home as they would frown at at an 11-1 Alabama team playing an 8-4 Miami team.

I disagree. It would actually be used as a marketing play. Give the fans a preview of 2021. Game would be sold out cause Bama fans travel no matter what and Canes fans would show up for a marquee game at home. I think we'd have a 50/50 chance of winning an Alabama matchup. They not only lost Tua, but 3 of their better players got injured (WR Henry Ruggs, DL Raekwon Davis, and DL DJ Dale). Not sure how long they're out, but the fact that the team saw 4 guys get injured would cause several guys to sit out of a bowl game that would be meaningless to them given their team expectations of a CFP run. The Bama defense is not as good as past defenses, but would still be the best defense we'd face this season.
I agree with all of that with a slight tweak. The game would be sold out but it wouldn't be because of bama fans. This would be a nothing game for them combined with the fact that they were in the OB last year I don't think it would be a good turnout for them. We definitely would have more Canes fans than we did against Wisconsin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back