Orange Bowl vs Bama

Advertisement
So you think they would blow us out with their backup QB and backup wrs? Who on their O scares you? Does John Metchie or Tyrell Shavers strike fear in your heart? Bc other than Jaylen Waddle that's who the defense would be facing as their WR.

This game would mean nothing for bama and many of their players would sit out.

So you think they would blow us out with their backup QB and backup wrs? Who on their O scares you? Does John Metchie or Tyrell Shavers strike fear in your heart? Bc other than Jaylen Waddle that's who the defense would be facing as their WR.
image.gif

We're not making it ot he OB.

VT is gonna win out before losing to Clemson. They're the ones who'll be going to the OB.

As long as Virginia Tech isn't in the Top 25, the Orange Bowl committee can choose whoever they want. There is no way the OB committee takes a 9-4 / 8-5 Virginia Tech over an 8-4 hometown Miami, as they want a bigger marquee game.

Advertisement
As long as Virginia Tech isn't in the Top 25, the Orange Bowl committee can choose whoever they want. There is no way the OB committee takes a 9-4 / 8-5 Virginia Tech over an 8-4 hometown Miami, as they want a bigger marquee game.

The part here about no one being ranked and the OB choosing anyone they want is fact. Has been reported multiple places.

On the topic of Bama game. If GT staff can out coach us, I’m sure we will run circles around Bama.

You are one of the guys who know your stuff on this board but you have yet to make any real point especially given we would not be facing a full strength bama. If you think we would still get waxed then just say so instead of responding with nothing gifs. But I don't think you actually think we wouldn't give them a game if they aren't at full strength.

You are one of the guys who know your stuff on this board but you have yet to make any real point especially given we would not be facing a full strength bama. If you think we would still get waxed then just say so instead of responding with nothing gifs. But I don't think you actually think we wouldn't give them a game if they aren't at full strength.
Bama has an 80% Blue Chip Ratio... That means their backups are all 4/5-stars too.

And Idk if you've watched this team this year, but we struggled against CMU & lost to GTech (2-8) & UNC (4-6).

We. Would. Lose. To. Bama... 10 times out of 10. We're simply not good enough.

Advertisement
Bama has an 80% Blue Chip Ratio... That means their backups are all 4/5-stars too.

And Idk if you've watched this team this year, but we struggled against CMU & lost to GTech (2-8) & UNC (4-6).

I guess we'll find out soon enough either way. Aren't we scheduled to play them soon?

Fair enough. I think we would give them a game given their defense has taken a step back, their O would be playing with second team skill players (and possibly some defensive starters), and it would be a let down game for their program It's happened to Saban before. The team and their fans would not be up for the game against an 8-4 Miami. I doubt their fans would travel for that game and it would be more of a home field advantage unlike the Wisconsin game.

Advertisement
LSU has allowed 450 yards in a game 4 times this year. The last 10 national champs have allowed 450 yards in a game a combined 5 times.

didnt know where to put this but **** that d is awesome

Easily?

Have you not seen them play the last 4 weeks?
I have. What have you seen that tells you they can't realistically lose to UVA (especially) or Pitt?

- Beating down GT is not impressive. GT is atrocious. Not sure that word does it justice. It's disgusting we lost to them. At home!
- Beating WF impressed you? WF was grossly overrated as the #19 team.
- They lost to ND in a close one. Again, think you may be giving ND too much credit. Even then, VT had like 235 total yards and 25% 3rd down conversion. ND had 3 TOs.
- VT snuck by a **** UNC team. Again, just because we sucked at life against a UNC team we should've beaten by 14 points if we had been prepared, it doesn't mean VT did anything special.

All in all, I see a realistic chance of losing any of the next two games. Can they win them? Sure. Perhaps I'm interpreting your comments as entirely too supportive of VT's recent showings.

Advertisement

For some reason you are just assuming all of bamas starters will sit.

I have. What have you seen that tells you they can't realistically lose to UVA (especially) or Pitt?

- Beating down GT is not impressive. GT is atrocious. Not sure that word does it justice. It's disgusting we lost to them. At home!
- Beating WF impressed you? WF was grossly overrated as the #19 team.
- They lost to ND in a close one. Again, think you may be giving ND too much credit. Even then, VT had like 235 total yards and 25% 3rd down conversion. ND had 3 TOs.
- VT snuck by a **** UNC team. Again, just because we sucked at life against a UNC team we should've beaten by 14 points if we had been prepared, it doesn't mean VT did anything special.

All in all, I see a realistic chance of losing any of the next two games. Can they win them? Sure. Perhaps I'm interpreting your comments as entirely too supportive of VT's recent showings.
GT has been playing better as they year has progressed under their first year coach. They just handed GT their worst loss of the season.

ND blows *** I understand, but they have an above average defense and winning in South Bend is impossible with those refs.

If you choose to say WF was grossly overrated then that's on you. They've been playing better than any team in the coastal and better than anyone in the ACC and they destroyed them even before their massive injuries.

I know people on here think winning big against teams that aren't "impressive" means nothing, but comprehensively beating any P5 team is a great sign in my book and I think VT is nearly assured winning next week and has a great chance in a rivalry game against UVA.

The same people scared of playing Clemson in the ACCCG now are scared of playing Bama in the OB.

Sincerely **** off. Why follow football and be scared for your team to suffer through some competition? What is the point?

Advertisement
Back