Orange Bowl vs Bama

razrcane

Junior
Premium
If we make it to the OB it is looking like we could play bama. If LSU wins the SEC, Georgia would go to Sugar Bowl. If OSU wins out they will go to playoffs and the loser of the championship game would go to Rose Bowl (more than likely Minnesota). That would probably leave bama as the highest ranked team out of the SEC/Big 10. Bama with no Tua and a couple of those JR WR sitting out so they won't get injured I like our chances. Still don't know if Jeudy would play given its his hometown, but I'm thinking he sits it out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
VT might get slaughtered so badly they could drop below us, even though they beat us.
You haven't been watching then. They've been playing very good football the past few weeks. Unless the Bowl Committee is completely clueless they won't pick VT over us.

They'll have the better record, beat us in H2H and are going to give Clemson a better game than we did in 2017

You haven't been watching then. They've been playing very good football the past few weeks. Unless the Bowl Committee is completely clueless they won't pick VT over us.

They'll have the better record, beat us in H2H and are going to give Clemson a better game than we did in 2017
Yeah, but it comes down to who is "ranked" higher. I agree with everything you said, but they are bound to take the next highest ranked team.

tenor-13.gif

Advertisement
Bama would curb stomp us by 50 points. We are NOT ready for that game...Tua or no.

Don’t let the fact that we best Louisville cloud your perspective
I don't think they would stomp us if Tua, Harris, and their 3 JR starting WRs aren't playing in the game... And they probably wouldn't. That is ALL of their starting skill players. If we can't give them a game with their second team skill players we are in worse shape than we thought.

If no acc teams are ranked, then I think the Orange Bowl takes Miami over VT. Bowl games arent a meritocracy, they are about who fills the stadium and gets ratings. Miami would be much better than VT as a draw at the Orange Bowl. VT would probably do better at the Music City Bowl. I think the OB committee would take Miami over VT, even if they win the coastal (as long as both unranked).

I don't think they would stomp us if Tua, Harris, and their 3 JR starting WRs aren't playing in the game... And they probably wouldn't. That is ALL of their starting skill players. If we can't give them a game with their second team skill players we are in worse shape than we thought.

none of those guys should ever play in that bowl game. not worth it. ****, if im jeudy, i dont even suit up next week. call it a year and prepare for the draft

Advertisement

This is annoying. Nobody gets picked. It's who is highest ranked

Yes, if VT wins out and not embarrassed by Clemson, they will be higher ranked. But they could easily lose to UVA or Pitt.

This is annoying. Nobody gets picked. It's who is highest ranked

Yes, if VT wins out and not embarrassed by Clemson, they will be higher ranked. But they could easily lose to UVA or Pitt.
Easily?

Have you not seen them play the last 4 weeks?

Advertisement
You haven't seen the 2019 version of Alabama's defense.
I'm highlighting our weakness vs their strength on defense. Their weak at the second level of their defense. Their D-line would overwhelm our On-line. Only hope we would have is if they came in uninspired.

Advertisement
Back